ESPN Insider: Auburn's Bad News

AuburnRugby17

"The first Harris Poll of 2006 was released with little fanfare on Sunday evening, although the fans of a couple of teams are sure to find it quite interesting.

The Harris Poll, which replaced the AP poll in the BCS formula last season, has Ohio State ranked first, USC second and Auburn third. This mirrors the order of the top three in the coaches' poll, which is the only other set of human rankings used by the BCS.

This is quite significant because it means USC is currently the No. 2 team in the nation where it really counts, even though almost every media outlet in the country will label Auburn as No. 2 this week because of its place in the AP poll. Needless to say, this won't go over well on the plains of Alabama. Remember that Auburn went undefeated in 2004 but finished third in the polls behind USC and Oklahoma at the end of the regular season, forcing the Tigers to watch those teams play for the national title."

Isn't this just phenomenal news? I'm about to give up with the systematic bull**** of the BCS and NCAA altogether.

We are a better team than the Pete Carroll show. We are comparable in talent, and light years ahead of them with coaching staff.

After Iowa beats Ohio State this weekend, it won't matter anyway.

Question on AP. Will they do a final poll after the Bowl Games? USC has ridden the split championship horse better than LSU and their BCS win. We haven't had a problem with the 1957 split championship with OSU. Though of course it would not be my preference I could deal with a repeat of that scenerio.

Archived