Can someone explain this ESPN Poll?

SouthLink02

As I understand it, the one showing AU on top is a poll that has been up for about a WEEK. The "other" went up during/after last night's game.

Go figure................

As I understand it, the one showing AU on top is a poll that has been up for about a WEEK. The "other" went up during/after last night's game.

But that poll only had 8k more votes....I assumed it was the same poll just left over for a few more minutes on the site.

But that poll only had 8k more votes....I assumed it was the same poll just left over for a few more minutes on the site.

I did as well, but the math doesn't add up. Look at the second picture. USC has 47.9% of 121,398 votes, or 58150 votes. Even if USC didn't get any of the next 7895 votes cast, they'd still have had 45% of the vote. I'm not sure what went on there.

I voted for Auburn in the poll last night after the game.....and we were winning at the time, with something like 48% (as shown in the first pic)......I seriously don't know what happened.....one thing to consider is....a lot of people on the easy coast who've actually seen Auburn and or West Virginia probably went to bed....so really that kind of takes away from the credibility of the poll, since it will be missing a fair number of people who actually have jobs to go to in the morning and can't stay up all night to vote for espn polls......but either way, I found it strange that we ended up losing the poll like we did....

perhaps they showed all the votes form California and the other west coast states....i don't know......... :(

I heard a caller on WJOX today fussing about this. Apparently, ESPN showed the graphic wrong last night on TV claiming USC got more votes but the actual website said Auburn. The caller claimed to be looking at the website when they made the announcement.

Archived