What is more important to you as AU Family member?

DKW 86

What is more important to you as AU Family member?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. NCAA Genie says you can have one wish for next ten years. What do you pick?

• Beat Alabama 10 straight?
    • Win ten SEC Titles? No Bama nor BCS Title Wins
    • Win 10 BCS Titles? No Bama or SEC Titles?
    • Have a school team with highest character and no championships?All other SEC teams go on probation.
  2. 2. NCAA Genie says you can have two wishes for next ten years. What do you pick?

• 10 Bama Wins and 10 SEC Wins? No BCS Titles. Lower Char.
    • 10 BCS Wins and 10 SEC Wins? No Bama wins. Lower Char.
    • 10 BCS wins and 10 Bama wins? No Sec Titles. Lower Char.
    • Highest Character & 10 Bama Wins. No BCS. No SEC.
    • Highest Character & 10 SEC Titles. No BCS. No Bama wins
    • Highest Character & 10 BCS Titles. No SEC. No Bama wins.

Tough questions.

I went with character and no titles for the first with everyone else going on probation. Probation is never a good thing for a program, and it makes people think you cheated for any titles that you did win and puts a black flag by them. If winning means tossing things such as sportsmanship and discipline to the roadside then I can live with the L's.

The second one I go with high character and SEC titles with no Bama wins, no BCS titles. Even losing to Bama every year means that we got it done on the field a majority of the time, and that we won and earned that SEC title on the field, voters have nothing to do about that. Then whoever won the BCS either went undefeated and won it, or the same ole stuff that decides it anyway. This also means we have probably just had 10 seasons of winning 10 or more games in a row. Lot of teams that could win the BCS title but not put up that type of consistency.

I found the second the hardest to answer, cause rivalry games and winning them at the college level are part of what makes it great, but winning a conference like the SEC that many times makes a huge statement also.

I had to go with the character answers. To me, :au: means more then football. It is about the integrity of all athletics and the academics.

Harvard, Yale, MIT, etc, they don't have good athletics, but everybody knows who they are because they are respected universities.

Too speak of title or numbers, a take just as much pride in the fact that Auburn has sent more graduates into space as I do our athletic accomplishments. I take pride in the fact that Auburn is one of the top Engineering schools in the nation.

Of course, I am a big fan of the football team, but if the team does not have integrity and character, I can care less about any titles.

Now, as far as the football titles go. I think I can be happier with SEC titles and beating UAT rather then go without those and have BCS wins. I am assuming you do mean BCS bowl wins and not BCS championships, because you can't have a MNC without having beaten UAT and won the SEC title.

I had to go with the character answers. To me, :au: means more then football. It is about the integrity of all athletics and the academics.

Harvard, Yale, MIT, etc, they don't have good athletics, but everybody knows who they are because they are respected universities.

Too speak of title or numbers, a take just as much pride in the fact that Auburn has sent more graduates into space as I do our athletic accomplishments. I take pride in the fact that Auburn is one of the top Engineering schools in the nation.

Of course, I am a big fan of the football team, but if the team does not have integrity and character, I can care less about any titles.

Now, as far as the football titles go. I think I can be happier with SEC titles and beating UAT rather then go without those and have BCS wins. I am assuming you do mean BCS bowl wins and not BCS championships, because you can't have a MNC without having beaten UAT and won the SEC title.

I was about to post the same thing how can you win the bcs and not win against bammer or the sec championship there is no way that could happen! Beating Bama 10 years in a row would be nice but if Au is good enough to do that then they would win the west!

Let me break down the poll because it doesnt make sence!!!!!!!!!

Beat Alabama 10 straight? That would be great!!!!!!!!!

Win ten SEC Titles? No Bama nor BCS Title Wins No way it would happen if Au lost to bammer! not every year for sure

Win 10 BCS Titles? No Bama or SEC Titles? No way to do it lose 2 games and your out!

Have a school team with highest character and no championships?All other SEC teams go on probation

If all the other teams go on probation Au would win the Sec by default! with an automatic bid to the bcs!!!!

If all the other teams go on probation Au would win the Sec by default! with an automatic bid to the bcs!!!!

Yea........Auburn could, by default be 0-12 and go to the Sugar Bowl........That would probably only work once, then the Great ncaa would step in, and rightfully so.....Anyway, Like Coach Thomas Hawkins Tuberville said yesterday, I'd take a one point Victory over arKansas anyday.........Or, something to that nature. So, we as Fans...........Need to lay OFF, if we win. I'd take an Ugly Win ANY day over a Pretty Loss. I'm thinking that if we take Chances to BLOW out a team.....and leave players in so we can score a Perfect 10 from the Figure Skating Judges......We risk getting our Studs hurt........kinda like what 'bammer has done these last two years. Or we risk turning the ball over because we are trying to throw down field, when we should be running the clock out. So a win is a win is a win. The ONLY reason why most of us felt SO strongly about BLOWING out SC Thurs. was because the Media (espn included) Told us that we Should Beat the Crap outta SC to win over some freakin' votes out in Minote, North Dakota. Now, was I disappointed that we didn't? Of Course I was. I always want Auburn to Crush the Opponent's Bones. But not because some Poll that is only 5 weeks into the '06 season told me to be disappointed. It Will work itself out in the end. So, One Game At A Time.....WAR "BY GOD" EAGLE............and Say it with me DKW........"IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER." :cheer::au:

i took the 10 sec titles in the first... b/c it doesn't say anything about the character of your team and the manner in which you won except that you didn't beat bama.

i took the high character and the sec titles in the second; the only choice that i considered otherwise was the 10 bama wins... it'd be tough to lose to those sobs 10 straight years, but we don't put up banners for iron bowl wins.

in the end, i'd rather win the championship on the field in the best conference in america than beat bama or win a popularity contest.

I was about to post the same thing how can you win the bcs and not win against bammer or the sec championship there is no way that could happen! Beating Bama 10 years in a row would be nice but if Au is good enough to do that then they would win the west!

Let me break down the poll because it doesnt make sence!!!!!!!!!

Beat Alabama 10 straight? That would be great!!!!!!!!!

Win ten SEC Titles? No Bama nor BCS Title Wins No way it would happen if Au lost to bammer! not every year for sure

Win 10 BCS Titles? No Bama or SEC Titles? No way to do it lose 2 games and your out!

Have a school team with highest character and no championships?All other SEC teams go on probation

The same way you have Genies granting you wishes? It was a thinking exercise and that was all. BTW, Georgia has won two SEC Titles and has lost to Florida both years.

Archived