Warning: That #2 Ranking comes with huge target on your back.

DKW 86

I will write more on this later, but guys, :arky: was off last week and they have two weeks of prep time to get ready for us. Now, I am not saying we are going to lose to them. I am worried that they are going to very emotional and very well prepped.

This is a game where we offer CHN a chance to save his job for real with an upset in JHS. Any Auburn fan that is not wary of a Hawg team coming in here must not have a long memory. For whatever reason, CHN had our number earlier in his career.

Fred Tally just ran by my window with Matt Jones right behind him....

I never feel good about playing the hawgs until the game is over.

I agree. We have the target on our back. We have to step up to the plate and be champions if we really are. When situations were reversed how many top 5 or 10 teams did we knock off? I know we have usually been good at knocking folks off when we were not highly ranked.

DKW, you suck!!! ;)

I need not be reminded of that dang Arky game where Talley ripped us for something like 230yds...

I will write more on this later, but guys, :arky: was off last week and they have two weeks of prep time to get ready for us. Now, I am not saying we are going to lose to them. I am worried that they are going to very emotional and very well prepped.

This is a game where we offer CHN a chance to save his job for real with an upset in JHS. Any Auburn fan that is not wary of a Hawg team coming in here must not have a long memory. For whatever reason, CHN had our number earlier in his career.

/agree on that

I think Tally just scored another TD on us. To be honest I worry about every game, especially when we are favored, cause we all know we like that underdog roll. That #2 target will get heavier as the season rolls on...If the D steps up I like our chances another poor showing like USC and its gonna catch-up to us one of these weekends. We had a couple extra days practice and rest as well, heres hoping our boys are up to the challenge!!! WDE!!!

The Hogs have always had a way of coming up with huge upsets over Auburn. This game worries the crap out of me lets just hope the D has been corrected by CWM and CTT. I think this one will be close going into half but in the 3rd-4th I think we can pull away by forcing Mustain to throw into coverage which he has already shown he will try to force the ball.

The best thing is that Arky does not have the QB to do the things Newton did. Had the D done much this past Thursday night and gotten a couple of stops, I truly believe our offense hangs 40 on the Cocks. That looked a lot more like a Borges coached offense. Tough running game, keeping them off balance with play action and spreading it around, Was the tight end play sweet or what?

If our offense is starting to hit it's stride, then they should handle the piggies.

Agree with all the above, plus:

Potential look ahead factor (even if only for a few more hours, UF will still be undefeated at 11 am Sat); and

Stupid 11 am kickoff!! :homer: (materially diminishes home-field advantage, IMHO, at least in the early going).

Hopefully, CTT will have the boys awake and ready Sat morning.

I remember that game and I could swear that one was an 11am kickoff too. It had been unseasonably cool all week and then suddenly it was in the mid-90's with 90% humidity on Saturday. It was absolutely miserable and then we had to sit there and watch Arkansas beat us.

Arkansas is only 7-7 after a bye week under Nutt. 6 of those games were against Auburn, where Arkansas is 3-3 in those games (1-2 @ Auburn). So no need to worry about us being a bigger threat.

My best hope for the Hogs is that you guys will be looking ahead to Florida. We have been known to play Auburn tough, especially on the plains. I noticed a lot of references to the '02 game where Talley and Jones went crazy. This team is a year away from being as good as that team.

This is Mustain's first true road test (other road start being at Vandy), so that makes me very nervous. McFadden is probably the best RB your defense will see this year, and Felix Jones is very good as well. I'm not sold that our defense will be able to stop Auburn's offense, and that's where you will likely win the game.

I hope Mustain will play better than he did against Bama (3 INTs) to keep the game close, but for us to pull off the win, our D will have to really step up and force some turnovers and other mistakes. I'll be making the trip to see the game. Had a blast 2 years ago. It's good for our team that the game is 11am, but not good for us coming down because the tailgating was a lot of fun last time.

WPS! :arky:

Thanks for the info but we all remember :arky: I was working that day in 02. Everytime I took a second to watch the game on the tv, Tally would break it again. I am just leary of the unknowns.

FNH, I really think Nutt could have some pretty good assts. Herring will get the D to come around. I dont know when but it will happen. Mazahn seems to be getting into his groove now too and he has had two weeks to fix the O problems.

I hope for our sakes that Mustain gets rattled on the road. CHN can beat people given neough talent and time.

let's nutt up and play a complete 60 minute dominating game! let's act like we're the best team in the nation.

if we can't handle the heat, we need to get out of the kitchen. you come to JHS, you need to be fearful of the outcome. WAR EAGLE!

i'm ready to kick it off NOW!

The piggies ALWAYS play us TOUGH. I do not predict "scores". I just hope we are well rested and "healed". Time to see a complete game from offense and defense.

p.s. Tally just scored again. Matt Jones made the two point conversion.

I am with the board on this game, but I see the Tigers jumping on the Hogs early and putting so much pressure on Mustain that he implodes.

Auburn 38

Arkansas 16

Guest Tigrinum Major

Let's hope that our D does not make Mustain look like a heisman trophy candidate like they did with Newton!!

Syvelle and Spurrier had a litle hand in that particular equation. It wasn't simply a matter of "Defense = teh suck".

We were off this past weekend, and while a bunch of coaches were out recruiting, CAB and CWM were working on the game plan...our players were getting their legs back under them...and ARKY's in for a beatdown! B)

:au::homer:

What is the point of predicting outcomes? I never understood the crystal ball thing.

Don't worry about it. You don't have one.

Let's hope that our D does not make Mustain look like a heisman trophy candidate like they did with Newton!!

Syvelle and Spurrier had a litle hand in that particular equation. It wasn't simply a matter of "Defense = teh suck".

I agree with you on that TM however lets also add that I think Muschamp had poor gameplanning for Newton (albeit not entirely his fault...they didnt have much game tape to go by)

Archived