So... Tray Blackmon?

Auburn Seer

I don't keep up with recruiting and all... so what's the big deal with Blackmon? He's a Freshman, right? Why are we looking at him as if he's ready to contribute big time? Not meant as a bash on anybody, just wondering what he has done in practice and all...

He was running 1st team until his suspension.

The suspension that most all agree with and those who don't have to get used to it, since it was and is CTT's call. <_<

This was not meant as smack to any who want the suspension over with. It's just me being a smartass. B):big:

:blink: I'll take your word for it that you don't follow recruiting: Link

Biography: The Player of the Year in AAA for the State Champion Grangers, Blackmon had 116 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, 12 Sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, one safety, and one defensive touchdown. Blackmon bench presses 330, squats 450 and power cleans 300.

Coach's Comments: "I think he has a chance to be a national recruit. He's going to put on 20 pounds when he gets to college." - Steve Pardue

Scouting Report: A little undersized for a typical national type linebacker recruit, but will get bigger as he gets into college. Watching him in pads, one would think he was 250 pounds; he absolutely explodes through players with his legs and his hips. Ferocious hitter that has excellent instincts at linebacker. One of the south's best prospects regardless of position.

He's a RS freshman that made a very good impression in the spring practice and pre-season. Would probably have started if not for his "incident" so yeah, it's a big deal. Four-year starters are big deals.

From what I have heard, he should be back for the :uf: game.

Be back he!!, he's never been there. He'll arrive for the UF game maybe.

I have to believe that there is more to this story than meets the eye.

I don't keep up with recruiting and all... so what's the big deal with Blackmon? He's a Freshman, right? Why are we looking at him as if he's ready to contribute big time? Not meant as a bash on anybody, just wondering what he has done in practice and all...

I am with you on that point. At the beginning of the year, when there were some people saying we needed him, I brought up the same point you did, as I kind of hinted in my post on this thread. He has not proved himself in a Div-1 football game yet, but he did impress CTT and CWM enough during spring practice for him to be a starter as RS freshman. Right now, he still has to prove it on the field. But he at least is in his second year on the team which means he has been busting heads in practice against our starters for two years. That is better then him being a true freshman getting the start, then I would be really skeptical about him.

:blink: I'll take your word for it that you don't follow recruiting: Link

Biography: The Player of the Year in AAA for the State Champion Grangers, Blackmon had 116 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, 12 Sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, one safety, and one defensive touchdown. Blackmon bench presses 330, squats 450 and power cleans 300.

Coach's Comments: "I think he has a chance to be a national recruit. He's going to put on 20 pounds when he gets to college." - Steve Pardue

Scouting Report: A little undersized for a typical national type linebacker recruit, but will get bigger as he gets into college. Watching him in pads, one would think he was 250 pounds; he absolutely explodes through players with his legs and his hips. Ferocious hitter that has excellent instincts at linebacker. One of the south's best prospects regardless of position.

He's a RS freshman that made a very good impression in the spring practice and pre-season. Would probably have started if not for his "incident" so yeah, it's a big deal. Four-year starters are big deals.

Hrm. Good stuff. I am sure he will be awesome when the suspension is over. Can't wait. I trust CTT will know how to deal with the situation:)

Archived