So... Tray Blackmon?

Auburn Seer

Is he back yet?

C'mon guys, he made a simple mistake. He seems like a nice enough kid. I don't think there's a disciplinary problem that needs to be dealt with anymore. We could sure use him in the rotation.

Come on people we haven't talk about Tray Blackmon all day and what he can do for us, since he has never played a college down. And what we think of CTT discipline. Sorry man just givin' you a hard time.

I'm sure we don't know the whole story. But I have faith that CTT is teaching him a valuable lesson he won't forget. We need to let the coaches do the coaching - Aren't we glad AU has rules and consequences and we don't have to worry about CTT driving an ice-cream truck?

I just hope he doesnt transfer. Im dying to see this guy suit up and play.

Also from what I have heard, he has a good attitude and knows things were done with his best interest in mind. He has been practicing and has looked very good in practice. He has no intention of transfering. Or so I have heard. :)

I don't think Tray will transfer. He understands the consequences of what he has done and he still has three years of eligibility after this year. I hear one of the main reasons Tray will not leave is that he wants to be close to his young daughter and family in LaGrange. I guess he could go to GA Tech or UGA but who would ever want to go to those schools ;-)?? Anyway, I am quite confident that Tubbs and the coaching staff are smart enough to know the proper discipline needed and how long it should last. However, I have been counting the days too. I am ready to see this kid in action just as everybody else is. I have seen a lot of his high school footage and it is unbelieveable how he makes reads and moves to the ball. The kid is ridiculously fast and has a great lateral movement. Another thing is that this kid can absolutlely HIT! It looks as if the opposing player is standing still and he has a 50yd head start to get up to full-speed and make the hit. I have a feeling he will be a HUGE hit with all the AU faithful. I believe Tigermike is correct...6 game suspension = UFL game. He was originally suspended for 3 games but must have smarted off to the coaches and they supposedly doubled his suspension. Good to see CTT and the staff don't take any crap.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Is he back yet?

C'mon guys, he made a simple mistake. He seems like a nice enough kid. I don't think there's a disciplinary problem that needs to be dealt with anymore. We could sure use him in the rotation.

You're preaching to the choir. Perhaps you'd like to address your concerns to Coach Tuberville in a well constructed email.

We seem to be doing well enough without him. When he gets back, it'll be gravy.

Is he back yet?

No. CTT said he's out for the Arky game.

C'mon guys, he made a simple mistake.

You're assuming you know everything he's been suspended for. Given how little CTT has actually elaborated on this, I think we can all safely infer that there's more to it than we know.

He seems like a nice enough kid. I don't think there's a disciplinary problem that needs to be dealt with anymore.

He does seem like he's taking his medicine humbly. That doesn't mean he didn't deserve the medicine to begin with though.

You're assuming you know everything he's been suspended for. Given how little CTT has actually elaborated on this, I think we can all safely infer that there's more to it than we know.

I'm not at all calling for CTT's head on a platter or anything. I love the guy. But I do have to point out that all this "Don't assume you know all the details of what is going on, just trust that he's doing the right thing" does sound an awful lot like the Bammer's defense of Shula for not punishing his players.

Of course I'd rather worry that he's being too firm than worry that he's not being firm enough. But at this point I'm thinking, "Come on, Tubs, enough is enough. Let the kid play."

I'm not at all calling for CTT's head on a platter or anything. I love the guy. But I do have to point out that all this "Don't assume you know all the details of what is going on, just trust that he's doing the right thing" does sound an awful lot like the Bammer's defense of Shula for not punishing his players.

Of course I'd rather worry that he's being too firm than worry that he's not being firm enough. But at this point I'm thinking, "Come on, Tubs, enough is enough. Let the kid play."

Except that CTT is punishing the player AND we have an 8 year history of CTT's dealings with player that get in trouble to indicate he doesn't operate with a sledgehammer mentality when doling out discipline. With Shula we have a 3 year history of not saying anything unless it's cryptic and after the fact.

Trey plays v/s UF. He looked good in practice yesterday, and I am 95% sure he will play in the game v/s UF in situations.

I think its still alive lets keep going

dh.jpg

I'm glad someone else sees the ridiculousness of this topic. There is no way is he going to be factor in the success of our season this year, he will have missed half of it before he ever makes it on the field.....WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!! Lets concern ourself with players who haven't done something to get suspended, like hmmm, i don't know Merrill Johnson.

Another day and another thread asking about Trey Blackmon. :rolleyes: The kid will play when CTT says he can, so we need not worry about ourselves about it. I think there is more to the story that CTT say fit not to make public, but warranted the punishment he is getting. CTT also may have the same philosophy I have, make the punishment a little more severe then what fits the crime so to make sure everybody tows the line.

As far as us needing the experience goes, what experience? Blackmon does not bring in college playing time to the table. While he is a talented player and expected to make an impact, he only has two years of practice as far as an college football experience goes. So, he has only proved himself on the practice field. When he does come back, it will be interesting to see if CTT and CWM start him or if they work him. I would guess after being redshirted last year and then being suspended for half the year, he should be a very hungry young man.

I would guess after being redshirted last year and then being suspended for half the year, he should be a very hungry young man.

Me thinks Mr Leak and Mr Tebow need a shadow!

I would guess after being redshirted last year and then being suspended for half the year, he should be a very hungry young man.

That, my friend, would be an awesome way to get a quick, headhunter like Blackmon into the game.

That, my friend, would be an awesome way to get a quick, headhunter like Blackmon into the game.

And the :uf: have not seen him. That could be just the "something new" the Tigers need.

I don't keep up with recruiting and all... so what's the big deal with Blackmon? He's a Freshman, right? Why are we looking at him as if he's ready to contribute big time? Not meant as a bash on anybody, just wondering what he has done in practice and all...

Archived