Bama/Duke

kickerman97

For all of you who want to point out how we only beat Duke 30-14...

I noticed that you guys beat Buffalo 38-7, and Ball freaking state beat them 55-25.

Ball State people...

Face it, sometimes its just hard to get up for the weaker teams.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that you guys beat Buffalo 38-7, and Ball freaking state beat them 55-25.

Ball State people...

Yeah we lost to Arky by 17 points and bama only lost to them by 1 point. So I guess that means you claim your 43rd MNC.

Ball State people...

I'll bet we got much farther down our roster playing Buffalo than you did playing Duke. Face it, you guys have the worst offense in the SEC.

I'll bet we got much farther down our roster playing Buffalo than you did playing Duke. Face it, you guys have the worst offense in the SEC.

Auburn averages 1.3 more points per game than Alabama.

And before you go saying youve faced tougher defenses...your opponents average scoring defense is ranked 46 and ours is ranked 50. We put up 13 on the #2 scoring D in the country on the road, you put up 3 on the #3 at home.

So for all you guys want to dog our offense...i think you should do some internal assesments.

I think you should look at our common opponent and judge how poor our offense is and how yours is.

Wofford managed 20 points on USC and UK managed 17. You got 24.

Your 7 point output against LSU is now looking less and less impressive

Arkansas allowed more than 10 points to USC, Vandy, Alabama. Utah St scored zero, but only allowed 20.

Bama scored 30 against Duke. They havent allowed more than 37 this year.

Bama scored 13 against Florida, and was very close to scoring more. They only allowed 20 to a team that hung 51 on UGA. Their other points allowed this year were 7, 7,0,10 (LSU)

And not only did we put up 23 points against arkansas, we had 361 yards. Compared to your 213

Im not trying to rub salt in a wound or anything like that. But I am so very amazed that even after your outing against Arkansas, you guys cant look past your bama hating blinders to ADMIT that you might have a few things to work on.

And before you go saying youve faced tougher defenses...your opponents average scoring defense is ranked 46 and ours is ranked 50. We put up 13 on the #2 scoring D in the country on the road, you put up 3 on the #3 at home.

So for all you guys want to dog our offense...i think you should do some internal assesments.

I think you should look at our common opponent and judge how poor our offense is and how yours is.

Arkansas allowed more than 10 points to USC, Vandy, Alabama. Utah St scored zero, but only allowed 20.

Bama scored 13 against Florida, and was very close to scoring more. They only allowed 20 to a team that hung 51 on UGA. Their other points allowed this year were 7, 7,0,10 (LSU)

And not only did we put up 23 points against arkansas, we had 361 yards. Compared to your 213

Im not trying to rub salt in a wound or anything like that. But I am so very amazed that even after your outing against Arkansas, you guys cant look past your bama hating blinders to ADMIT that you might have a few things to work on.

Yeah, I never been one to point to things like this... like how bad you beat a certain team on a certain day and how bad another team beats that team means anything to how those two teams will play. Thats why they play the games.

Yeah, I never been one to point to things like this... like how bad you beat a certain team on a certain day and how bad another team beats that team means anything to how those two teams will play. Thats why they play the games.

Yet most everyone here (and most AU fans I know) are counting the Iron Bowl already in the W column.

Yet most everyone here (and most AU fans I know) are counting the Iron Bowl already in the W column.

Yep, when people count things in the W column b4 they happen, things like Sat happen.

let it go, ole miss is next........let them count the iron bowl as a W

No doubt we've got issues to resolve. You were comparing your score vs Duke and our score vs Buffalo. The difference is your team was struggling while playing your starters and we were able to play a lot of guys who wouldn't ordinarily get as much time.

Spin it however you want but I'm much more confortable with our team and coaches who got embarassed yesterday than I would be with yours.

And no... I don't believe the IB is automatic this year...but I like our chances.

Only in your imagination, BG.

Believe it or not, nobody's really concerned with Bama at this point other than to mock their arrogance (unwarranted) and obsession (unacknowledged).

And not that it's any of my business, but we only put up 6 on UF's defense and 23 against Duke's defense. You can't count defensive TD's against defensive stats.

Carry on.

Bama scored 13 against Florida, and was very close to scoring more.

:blink:

You guys scored 1 offensive TD, 1... :rolleyes:

Bama scored 13 against Florida, and was very close to scoring more.

:blink:

You guys scored 1 offensive TD, 1... :rolleyes:

which would equal the exact amount AU scored against an unranked Arky that everyone here said they would pound. really if you get into the stats, UAT and AU are pretty darn close. :ua: total yardage against UF was 323, and total yardage against Arky was 361 yards. AU total yardage against Arky was 213 yards. so lets not hate on the :ua: offense too much. total offense for :ua: on the season is 2201 with 1388 of that being passing, and total for :au: is 1988 with 1064 of that being passing. AU has 18 TD's on the season while UAT has 16. average yards per game for UAT is 336 and average for AU is 331. UAT has 9 passing TDs while AU has 5. AU averaging 25.5 points per game and UAT averaging 24.2. brandon cox has a completion % of 61.8 and JPW has a % of 60.4. anyways, like i said, it seems like the UAT and AU offenses are pretty close so lets not get into a peeing contest :)

At least we don't suck as bad as Bama. Bwahaha!!!!!!!

Humility is hard to swallow. The polls actually gave us the big head. Snap back to reality.

14-10. though. DUKE!!!!!!!!!

Bama took Arkansas to 2 OTs AU lost by 2 posessions in regulation. Yes that Duke game was one of the most digraceful acts of football and moral character I have ever seen displayed on a football field, every time blinked there was another BAMA player shoving our hitting the DUKIES out of bounds. Perhaps the most distatsteful thing I saw was when that Duke QB(Thadeus Lewis) ran out of bounds on the Bama sideline and the Bama players surronded him as if they were in a Folsom County Pen Brawl. That game made me SICK, I would have rather lost than have my team and fan base act like Miami Hurricanes.

Care to comment on the behavior of your team against a weak opponent? According to what I read in the papers it was pretty bad.

Care to comment on the behavior of your team against a weak opponent? According to what I read in the papers it was pretty bad.

That was my point. Bama didnt get up for Duke because of the two games we had prior. They were probably emotionally drained at that point.

But on a bad day, we won 30-14. I'll take it.

That was my point. Bama didnt get up for Duke because of the two games we had prior. They were probably emotionally drained at that point.

I think you missed the whole question. I am talking about the poor behavior of the bama players and several incidents of unsportsmanlike conduct.

Unsportsman like conduct from a flipper "coached" team? Say it isn't so!

Bama took Arkansas to 2 OTs AU lost by 2 posessions in regulation.
Bama didnt get up for Duke because of the two games we had prior.

bama played one of their better games against Arky and lost. :au: palyed their worst game in four years and lost. How can you compare the two? We weren't "up" for that game.

You guys played DUKE! Snake and Eli should have been able to suit up. If not for some breaks made by your defense and some costly mistakes by Duke, you would have lost. But... You won. Hurray! But don't use that or our debacle to think you guys are us. You aren't. :no::rolleyes:

I have heard/read it ALL now. Winning against DUKE is now a MORAL victory for uat!

I think you missed the whole question. I am talking about the poor behavior of the bama players and several incidents of unsportsmanlike conduct.

You obviously didn't watch the game.

No I didn't watch it. I was going by what the bama beat writer for the Huntsville Times and others wrote. Care to spin it differently?

No I didn't watch it. I was going by what the bama beat writer for the Huntsville Times and others wrote. Care to spin it differently?

Proud Tiger, You may get dizzy on this one. uat's spin machine has been in overdrive since DUKE 14- uat-10 at the half! :lol::lol::lol:

Archived