Bama/Duke

kickerman97

Care to comment on the behavior of your team against a weak opponent? According to what I read in the papers it was pretty bad.

That was my point. Bama didnt get up for Duke because of the two games we had prior. They were probably emotionally drained at that point.

But on a bad day, we won 30-14. I'll take it.

I think you missed the whole question. I am talking about the poor behavior of the bama players and several incidents of unsportsmanlike conduct.

You obviously didn't watch the game.

No I didn't watch it. I was going by what the bama beat writer for the Huntsville Times and others wrote. Care to spin it differently?

There's no spin. A Duke player was called for roughing the passer on the third play of the game. Another Duke player was flagged for a late hit on Cauldwell in the 2nd. Justin Britt had one unsportsmanlike conduct call against him in the fourth quarter. He shoved a guy after the play was over. It was uncalled for, and he was flagged for it. Duke had 10 penalties for 84 yards, Bama had 10 penalties for 68 yards.

It was a poorly played game, Bama looked terrible against terrible competition. I'm not denying any of that. But your statement said, "I am talking about the poor behavior of the bama players and several incidents of unsportsmanlike conduct." Anyone that watched the game wouldn't have left Duke out of that sentence, considering they had almost 20 more penalty yards and more unsportsmanlike conducts called against them. They came out hitting late. They were flagged twice for it in the first half alone. Bama was flagged for it once in the 4th quarter. Painting Bama to being the only team with poor behavior in the Duke game is biased.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a poorly played game, Bama looked terrible against terrible competition. I'm not denying any of that. But your statement said, "I am talking about the poor behavior of the bama players and several incidents of unsportsmanlike conduct." Anyone that watched the game wouldn't have left Duke out of that sentence, considering they had almost 20 more penalty yards and more unsportsmanlike conducts called against them. They came out hitting late. They were flagged twice for it in the first half alone. Bama was flagged for it once in the 4th quarter. Painting Bama to being the only team with poor behavior in the Duke game is biased.

Usually, incidents on this level only happen when teams are extremely intense on the field...or out of extreme frustration. If you are so much better than a team that you are playing, why would you have all these unsportsmanlike penalties? Would you not just let the "heathens" be heathens?

Usually, incidents on this level only happen when teams are extremely intense on the field...or out of extreme frustration. If you are so much better than a team that you are playing, why would you have all these unsportsmanlike penalties? Would you not just let the "heathens" be heathens?

If by "all these unsportsmanlike penalties", you mean the ONE(1) that was called against Bama on Justin Britt, I don't know.

Archived