Capital One Bowl

ontovictory

AU will be in Orlando for NYD. Book it.

What's your reasoning?

Isn't it the 2nd or 3rd SEC bowl selection? I thought I remember hearing that the Peach, err... Chick-fil-A bowl would now take the 2nd best SEC squad but I'm not sure. Anyway, I think AU is in a position to get a good bowl draw due to fan support and better name recognition than competitor Arkansas, even though they beat you on the field.

I see the top of the SEC being a very crowded field, with :uf: and :ut: being the best in the league. Us, USC, and Georgia are busts and will fight it out for Nashville/Memphis/Shreveport, Arkansas is likely Atlanta bound (if they reach the SECCG) and either UF or UT will be in a BCS bowl.

I guess it's not a guarantee, but that's what I'm betting on. Even though I hate the city of Orlando, the Cap1 is a solid bowl. AU would be a nice draw for the Cotton as well, though.

I don't see the Capital One bowl picking us this year. I went to that game last year and probably 2/5 of the stadium was empty. Not a good showing for the 5th best bowl in the land!!!

Orlando would be a fine place.....we need redemption. But Arky still has to beat UT and LSU, and we need to win out in the SEC. We beat UF, then the game is on. We lose, we are out!

Cotton would be OK. I would rather play in the Peach, though.

I don't see the Capital One bowl picking us this year. I went to that game last year and probably 2/5 of the stadium was empty. Not a good showing for the 5th best bowl in the land!!!

Very few bowls sell out.

The Big 10 schools usually travel very well to Florida bowls. Were there are a lot of WI fans there or was that the problem?

There were 2 auburn fans for every wisconsin fan,, but I went to that bowl game in 2000 when we played Michigan and that stadium was full as was the 2002 game when we played Penn State>

Yea, the Capital One Bowl not selling out is not because of the fanbase - but because of the A-Holes that run it. If they would... o i duno... sell the tickets to the schools, they would sell them. If not at the least, sell them for cheaper - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Hell, when I was at the Sugar Bowl - there were open seats all over the place. People were litereally giving their tickets away.

The COB usually goes with an SEC West Team based on the Bowl choosing, so it is very possible they would choose Auburn if Auburn keeps winning, but doesn't win it all. Arkansas may not have the fan support, but LSU is tough to compare it to as well, unless they lose a 3rd game. If they had the chance, they should take Tennessee

Yea, the Capital One Bowl not selling out is not because of the fanbase - but because of the A-Holes that run it. If they would... o i duno... sell the tickets to the schools, they would sell them. If not at the least, sell them for cheaper - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Hell, when I was at the Sugar Bowl - there were open seats all over the place. People were litereally giving their tickets away.

The COB usually goes with an SEC West Team based on the Bowl choosing, so it is very possible they would choose Auburn if Auburn keeps winning, but doesn't win it all. Arkansas may not have the fan support, but LSU is tough to compare it to as well, unless they lose a 3rd game. If they had the chance, they should take Tennessee

Nah, that's just the thing. I think Arkansas would be a very attractive team for the Cotton Bowl b/c of the strong fanbase that they have in the Dallas area.

I dont think the capital one would take us because we have been there a few times in the last couple of years. That is to say unless they had an extraordinary match up including us. I would like to see us in Tampa. Tampa usually takes an east team while the cotton takes a west team. But since I live in Tampa, I would still like to see it.

Why is anyone worried about a bowl game? Let's win the "bowl games" before us NOW!

I'm excited about the Auburn "Kill a Gator Bowl" , the Auburn/Georgia Game - JHS's Largest Brandon Cox - Tiger Tail Party" (work with me here - cocktail) and the Alabama - Auburn - "We've got the "Iron(s) Bowl". THEN will see where we go.

Why is anyone worried about a bowl game?

Because many here still haven't taken off the orange tinted glasses since last Saturday and haven't figured out you have to focus on first things first. :)

Have you booked yours in Shreveport?

The only thing that's been holding me back from doing that is the guarantee that we won't be there. Maybe that's a little strange, but that's the way I am. ;)

Why is anyone worried about a bowl game? Let's win the "bowl games" before us NOW!

I'm excited about the Auburn "Kill a Gator Bowl" , the Auburn/Georgia Game - JHS's Largest Brandon Cox - Tiger Tail Party" (work with me here - cocktail) and the Alabama - Auburn - "We've got the "Iron(s) Bowl". THEN will see where we go.

I like that.

She is right; we need to take care of the business at hand, and then worry about bowl games.

We start worrying about where we are going too soon and before you know it we end up in Shreveport.

WAR EAGLE!!

I like that.

She is right; we need to take care of the business at hand, and then worry about bowl games.

We start worrying about where we are going too soon and before you know it we end up in Shreveport.

WAR EAGLE!!

Yeah, if we're not in the right frame of mind (to sit and watch the game), then Florida will beat us for sure. :)

Have you booked yours in Shreveport?

The only thing that's been holding me back from doing that is the guarantee that we won't be there. Maybe that's a little strange, but that's the way I am. ;)

Oh well maybe bama will be back after all........in Nashville :poke:

<_< nice try Tigermom

I'm not "worried" about a bowl game... This is the time of year people start narrowing down their New Year's Eve plans. That's what I was thinking about when I started this topic!!! I would rather spend New Years in a city that I am not as familiar with as I have been with Orlando!!!!

I would like to see Auburn have a shot to play in the Rose Bowl, Gator Bowl, Orange Bowl, Hawaii Bowl, and some of the other good bowls that we never play in. It kinda sucks that the conferences have tie-ins with certain bowls because it gets boring going to the same few bowls every year. Do you think this will ever change to allow teams an oppotunity to play in different bowls?

Archived