Auburn getting no respect..

OKieAuburnDoug

Here's a snippet from an on air conversation @ 11:15 this monring on the Sports Animal here in Oklahoma City

"Auburn's win over Fliorida was the biggest fluke ever!: (Craig humphries)

"I agree 100%. AUBURN WAS LUCKY FLORIDA DID'NT SCORE MORE IN THE FIRST HALF!": (former OSU head coach and former NFL assistant coach Pat Jones) :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

I remember being in the same position last season and hearing the "Y'all are overrayted cause you kain't skower!"

The fact that AU has only scored 1 offensive touchdown in its past 2 SEC games doesn't mean anything to me. A win is a win. And I see that you guys are seeing things a little differently than last season. Good to see, AUNation!

They're bitter because the Big 12 is not getting any respect...nor do they deserve any. Texas is #9 is the BcS and the Houston Chronicle was whining about that today. Funny because I had T-sippers calling me all week telling me that they were all pulling for AU to beat UF because it would help them get into the MNC game. Today I get to tell them be careful what you wish for! :cheer:

Florida couldn't stop Auburn all night yet idiot sports talk personalitites state kraup like this..

2 years ago Humphries said OU should get in the title game due to their edge in TRADITION!

He's also a season ticket holder. Hmmmmmm...........

i was complaining b4 the :arky: game about respect but i really could care less now. all i care about is the green wave

Guest Tigrinum Major

I remember being in the same position last season and hearing the "Y'all are overrayted cause you kain't skower!"

The fact that AU has only scored 1 offensive touchdown in its past 2 SEC games doesn't mean anything to me. A win is a win. And I see that you guys are seeing things a little differently than last season. Good to see, AUNation!

We aren't seeing anything differently. Alabama was overrated and they were exposed when they played the best two teams on their schedule last year.

Alabama didn't score an offensive TD against Mississippi State. Auburn didn't score an offensive TD against Florida.

Know the difference.

We aren't seeing anything differently. Alabama was overrated and they were exposed when they played the best two teams on their schedule last year.

Alabama didn't score an offensive TD against Mississippi State. Auburn didn't score an offensive TD against Florida.

Know the difference.

The teams that we we're playing is a moot point IMO. The commonly held belief is that if "you are the #4 team in America in the BCS rankings, then you should be able to stick it in the endzone. Being at home makes it even worse, right?" Sadly, style points do count.

*Note- I think it's fine and dandy that AU won without scoring an offensive TD. Yet, I just remember the screams and shouts of last season.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Moot point? BS. It has everything to do with everything. Level of competition counts for something.

By the way, we are the #4 team in the BCS (how, I don't know), so obviously we are doing something right as far as "style points".

Well, we can whine all we want. But our pantswetting against Arkansas is seared into the national consciousness. So what the heck do you expect? Frankly, I'm amazed that we're #4 in the BCS.

Know the difference.

The teams that we we're playing is a moot point IMO. The commonly held belief is that if "you are the #4 team in America in the BCS rankings, then you should be able to stick it in the endzone. Being at home makes it even worse, right?" Sadly, style points do count.

*Note- I think it's fine and dandy that AU won without scoring an offensive TD. Yet, I just remember the screams and shouts of last season.

crimpson... I'm trying to stay out of this since you seem to be in an antagonistic mode, but please allow me to make one quick point:

AU was playing Florida -- second-ranked team in the country with statistically one of the most dominant defenses in the country. You're right. AU didn't score a touchdown. There are those of us who do see something there that needs to be addressed. Scoring TDs would have made that game a rout, but not doing so at least put some fire in the defensive ass for a change. If the two sides are ever functioning at peak efficiency on the same day... I pity the fool that stands in the way.

Alabama was playing Mississippi State -- not the second ranked team in the country and with a statistically inept defense. Alabama didn't score a touchdown and won. It was a lucky win. Alabama's offense never really got on track and you saw the result down the stretch. Luck. Luck. Luck. Ouch. OUCH dammit! Luck.

I propose a beatdown to the next person who uses the phrase "style points."

I got my shovel ready.

Well it is a moot point because after the next three weeks we will not be #4 imo. To easy of a schedule. May not be better after that if the leghumpers and SPUAT don't get their act together as well.

Here's a snippet from an on air conversation @ 11:15 this monring on the Sports Animal here in Oklahoma City

"Auburn's win over Fliorida was the biggest fluke ever!: (Craig humphries)

"I agree 100%. AUBURN WAS LUCKY FLORIDA DID'NT SCORE MORE IN THE FIRST HALF!": (former OSU head coach and former NFL assistant coach Pat Jones) :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Lol Pat Jones had one play, and that was the dive up the middle.

I lived in Norman for 5 years during the" Glory Years "with Switzer. They only considered it a good win if they beat K-State by 70 points. The whole time I was there I always tried to educate them about how tough a schedule the SEC teams had and winning was often a combination of luck and skill because of the top to bottom tough teams in the conference. In their minds blowing out some hapless opponet is good football and if the game was close you didn;t play well? After 5 years of trying to educate the oakies I gave up and let Tiger Mom closeline the most obnoxious neighbor (a former OSU player)at a party one night. After I pulled Tiger Mom off him, I told him that if an SEC sorority girl could take him out just imagine how tough sec football players were. He shold have learned his lesson then or later when Bo ran over the Boz and finally learned in 2003 thanks to LSU. After that beatdown why are they still talking trash about the SEC? Maybe Tiger Mom and I need to take a road trip!!

I lived in Norman for 5 years during the" Glory Years "with Switzer. They only considered it a good win if they beat K-State by 70 points. The whole time I was there I always tried to educate them about how tough a schedule the SEC teams had and winning was often a combination of luck and skill because of the top to bottom tough teams in the conference. In their minds blowing out some hapless opponet is good football and if the game was close you didn;t play well? After 5 years of trying to educate the oakies I gave up and let Tiger Mom closeline the most obnoxious neighbor (a former OSU player)at a party one night. After I pulled Tiger Mom off him, I told him that if an SEC sorority girl could take him out just imagine how tough sec football players were. He shold have learned his lesson then or later when Bo ran over the Boz and finally learned in 2003 thanks to LSU. After that beatdown why are they still talking trash about the SEC? Maybe Tiger Mom and I need to take a road trip!!

Consider the two idiots and their backgrounds :lol:

Then again, why in GOD'S holy name would anybody want to move

to CHOKELAHOMA

those clowns are LOSERS to LSU & USC & not even close both years.

I propose a beatdown to the next person who uses the phrase "style points."

I second the motion... :roflol:

i honestly thought our "lack of respect" conversation ended after the arkansas meltdown, but it seems to me the whambulance will need a refueling.

we lost our arguement for respect when we got hosed by a freshman qb and his highschool coach. lets get through the remaining conference games and hope we have a shot in the sec champ game. also, everyone ahead of us that hasn't lost needs to loose. if the cards fall in our favor then we can talk about respect.

Know the difference.

AUs has not been a year and half epidemic. 2 games.....how long has bama had problems scoring??

I'm ready! ;)

If yall want to go on a road trip can we go to Canada instead of Oklahoma?

I called and confronted Mr. Fox Sports South Pat Jones......he switched subjects to,"I was right about the Arkansas game!" No comment on his previous `Fluke statement whatsoever! :roflol::roflol::roflol: He did say that were good,etc but not as good as `04 (DUH!).

Archived