Anybody else in the blahs?

DKW 86

Anybody else in the blahs?

I just cant get excited about :om: I really dont see them winning against us, especially with the suspensions and quit and removals.

The bama game is the laugher of the season. If Bama doesnt beat them by 50 something is horribly wrong.

The rest of the SEC games are just mildly interesting. Not one has anything with the :arky: and :au: situation however.

Next week, more of the same. We play Ark St. and :ua: plays :msu: That MIGHT be a long shot to be competitive, I doubt it though. Just not a very exciting period in state.

:arky: does finally get :usc: , but only after they play UT this week in the SECs only interesting game.

Man, it really is boring to be this late in the season...

Top thread on the site? The new Basketball Arena! Who would have thought it?

No Way! I'm fired up! It is game-day! Whoooo!

I can see how you wouldn't be too excited about Ole Miss, but remember: it is an SEC game on the road, and it is possible that they beat us, so there is some drama/tension. Can't take anything for granted. (remember the hogs).

And if we pound Ole Miss like we should, then all of our players should get a chance to help their stats out (I think Courtney Taylor only has one TD on the year-would love for him to get a pair today). And maybe Will Herring can get a pic-six.

Next week, with Arkansas State, I might be in the blahs, but this week I want the team to rip the Rebs!!

And as a side note, I am interested to see the Tenn-USC game. If Georgia can keep it close, the Cocktail Party may be interesting, but I think that one may be over early.

Waaaarrrrrr Eagle! Hey!

Another thing is our offense and defense have not been up to par with past years. Something is definitely missing on the season. I kinda think we have become accustomed to winning as a fanbase and the competitive juices don't flow as much anymore. The 2004 season has left us with a hangover.

Guys!

I realize today isn't the biggest game, and that it is an early game, and that the team has not been clicking on all cylinders, but:

We are 7-1

We are seventh in the polls

We are fifth in the BCS standings

We are in SEC hunt

We have an outside shot at a MNC

We have an SEC road game today against a team that could easiy be 4-4.

(Don't make me pull out the big guns and say that y'alls comments seem...Bama-ish...)

All I read on AL.com this week was how the guys are in good spirits because of the away game and how practices have been some of the best of the season and also how guys are finally getting healthy again. You'd think this would point to a huge win over Ole Miss. I don't really think the early game time will matter because Ole Miss is just Ole Miss...we'll find out sooner or later I guess.

But yeah, this sure seems like a boring stretch of football we're in...

12 times a year (14 if we're lucky) we get to say "it's game day".

ENJOY everyone of them. Before you know it the season will be over and you'll be wishing we were playing Ole Miss or Tulane or anyone. Remember ESPN Classic and whatever you've Tivoed is all you'll have after New Year's Day (nothing beats the real thing).

Now get out there and enjoy.

wow PT what the hell is that all about? Oh wait I had a job that helped with spending money while i was in college......guess noone should do that...btw since you have been out of the loop i live in bham now and have been for about a year and im a corporate accountant.....

I was at the game yesterday and almost saw the team pull another Arkansas game... excuse me for wanting to pay money see a team play like they are capable...only to be disappointed by an uninspired effort!

wow PT what the hell is that all about? Oh wait I had a job that helped with spending money while i was in college......guess noone should do that...btw since you have been out of the loop i live in bham now and have been for about a year and im a corporate accountant.....

I was at the game yesterday and almost saw the team pull another Arkansas game... excuse me for wanting to pay money see a team play like they are capable...only to be disappointed by an uninspired effort!

Yeah that's my point. Look at the picture. You did something in school as a kid to help get an an education.

Was someone giving you grief if you didn't do good one week? Did they send you e-mails saying they were disappointed with your uninspired sales pitch and it didn't live up to their expectations. I remember you were sometimes pretty sensitive to criticism even in your posts here. The FB players are just kids too and very few teams are going to play up to their fan's expectations every week. They are playing to get help getting their education just like you selling knives. I would think that by now you would realize that just because you pay to see a game in any sport, there is no guarantee the outcome will be what you expected.

Teams that lost or didn't cover the point spread this week include Michigan, Texas, USC, Nebraska, Fla., Wisconsin, etc. I guess a lot of their fans think they didn't get their money's worth too.

By the way, I haven't been out of the loop. Perhaps you have.

Its not they just arent coming out like i expected......Its that i know they are capable of doing much better!!! How do i know that??? B/c we have seen it this year...... Against LSU and the 2nd half of the UF game. We take a very laid back approach to teams that we know we should beat and it hurts us and sometimes we lose(Arkansas). I think we need to hit the field every week with the same intensity regardless of who we play and until we do that... we wont ever win a NC.

Its not they just arent coming out like i expected......

I agree and I know alot others that feel the same way. We play very good efficient football, yet I feel like we haven't played a complete football game. Either Tubs or one of the staff actually agreed with that same aspect.

And by the way, I thought the comment made earlier towards you was very uncalled for.

We play very good efficient football

Sometimes that is all it takes. :au: has a total of 2 conference losses in 3 years, and 4 total losses over that same span.

Some of you need to quit wringing your hands and enjoy it.

Anyone who wants to suit it up and get their brains beat in for 12 straight weeks, step right up.

I do agree that the team hasn't played a complete game since maybe the Washington St. game, but we must also remember that the OL hasn't been completely healthy since then either. Offensively, I believe we saw as close to a complete game as any other this year, but they stalled inside the 20. Borges has already mentioned that they must "fix" that. The will have one more tune up to get healthy and "fix" the red zone problems before Amen Corner finishes.

Archived