Coach Tuberville post game

TigerOne

On the radio broadcast locker room report after he had commented and answered questions.

He said and this is not an exact quote, " remeber this... only three weeks till bama' I was like

wow!, Coach Tubs can't wait. Coach knows his main purpose as the Auburn coach is to beat uat.

War Eagle Coach Tuberville!, take care of the next one first.

Guest BoStillKnows
On the radio broadcast locker room report after he had commented and answered questions.

He said and this is not an exact quote, " remeber this... only three weeks till bama' I was like

wow!, Coach Tubs can't wait. Coach knows his main purpose as the Auburn coach is to beat uat.

War Eagle Coach Tuberville!, take care of the next one first.

When you look at the SEC, we have to win every SEC game. Alabama is barely ahead of Ole Miss and Mississippi State in the West. We need to beat them for the recruiting benefit and keep them beat down; but, the big games are now LSU, ARK, GA, FLA, and TN.

I'm with you. Let's take care of the game at hand and deal with Alabama when we get to them.

I know we all want AU to win their next three games. But I'll take a win over Alabama if it means overlooking UGA - that's the only game I have cared about all year, especially since the Arky game

actually the quote was 21 days til bama but at least you know hes thinking about it

I know we all want AU to win their next three games. But I'll take a win over Alabama if it means overlooking UGA - that's the only game I have cared about all year, especially since the Arky game

i know i'll get thrashed for saying this but i can not believe there are fans that still think this way. i would rather take a 11 - 1 record, with a loss to bama than a 1 - 11 record, with a win over bama. people, we have moved on from the 70's, 80's and 90's, we are the better team. we have and will continue to be near the top as a national contender not the state contender.

True and I don't live in the state anymore, but when I lived there, the finger nails on chalkboard har-harring of Bammies if they beat us MADE it the most important game of the year. that is, I didn't run into UGA, Tenn or LSU fans on a daily basis.

i know i'll get thrashed for saying this but i can not believe there are fans that still think this way. i would rather take a 11 - 1 record, with a loss to bama than a 1 - 11 record, with a win over bama. people, we have moved on from the 70's, 80's and 90's, we are the better team. we have and will continue to be near the top as a national contender not the state contender.

I agree 11-1 would be better than 1-11.... but what I meant to say was... if we lose to UGA because we focused on Alabama, it wouldn't bother me. I'd rather see a UGA loss and a Bama win than the other way around. But of course I'd rather see AU win all 3. They can do it, but the way AU has been playing, the Bama game really worries me.

I sure hope he doesn't think his main purpose at Auburn is to beat Alabama. Championships is where it's at. One game does not make a season. I don't live in Alabama but I can't see a football season being made(or ruined) by one game. Tuberville should realise that looking forward in this conference isn't a good idea. Look no further than the Arkansas game for evidence(although I think Arkansas is much better than we all thought)

First priority of any Auburn team is to beat bama.

well I'd say first priority of any Auburn team is to beat whoever they're playing.

Do you guys realize how much chaos Alabama fans will make if they beat us? Tuscaloosa will turn into hell.. Cars on fire, people shooting each other.. sex in the streets... For the sake of the state of Alabama, lets not let that happen.. That would be embarrasing. So lets roll into town with our thumb stuck high and kick some ass!

but what I meant to say was... if we lose to UGA because we focused on Alabama, it wouldn't bother me.

Heck, if we loose to anyone this board goes into meltdown mode faster than if the moon turned blood red and the 4 riders of the apopcalypse started their ride. Heck, it doesn't even take a loss, if we don't cover the spread it happens ;)

Do you guys realize how much chaos Alabama fans will make if they beat us? Tuscaloosa will turn into hell.. Cars on fire, people shooting each other.. sex in the streets... For the sake of the state of Alabama, lets not let that happen.. That would be embarrasing. So lets roll into town with our thumb stuck high and kick some ass!

We sure don't want to do anything that would cause the Bammers to start breeding again! :no:

hey...i'm one of those "1-11 as long as it's bama" fans. and proud of it.

one victory by bama over us, and they'll quickly forget the past 4 years. i want them fearing my pinky toe on the 2nd foot before they win again...

(i'll stop my sentiment at that protuberance :) )

ct

First priority of any Auburn team is to field young men who are good role models on and off the field. Good students and people who are going to be successful in life.

#2 Shoot for a national title

#3 Compete for SEC championships

#4 Beat Bama

The Bama obssesion by some of the older fans, while understandable, has gotten old. I enjoy a good Auburn beatdown on Bama just like you, but to say the #1 priority of any Auburn football team is to beat Bama is just plain dumb. Beating Bama gets you squat these days. AU-Alabama rivalry doesn't even get near the same hype as it used to.

First priority of any Auburn team is to field young men who are good role models on and off the field. Good students and people who are going to be successful in life.

#4 Beat Bama

The Bama obssesion by some of the older fans, while understandable, has gotten old. I enjoy a good Auburn beatdown on Bama just like you, but to say the #1 priority of any Auburn football team is to beat Bama is just plain dumb. Beating Bama gets you squat these days. AU-Alabama rivalry doesn't even get near the same hype as it used to.

Little "Grasshopper," lose to Bammer, and see what that gets you. :poke:

#4 Beat Bama

The problem with your arguement is that its hard to do #2 and #3 without doing #4. I do agree with #1, but after that it should be

#1b. Beat uat

#2. Compete for the SECC

#3. Go for the gold

#4 Beat Bama

I'm a proud "older" fan that would rather beat Bama than anything. To me that is the #1 priority. Yes, I too am proud we don't have thugs on the field. That we have good role models. And I am very proud when my husband, a very staunch Alabama fan, told his very staunch Alabama fan brother in law that Auburn was the best SEC team, no question. It is wonderful that we're possibly going for the SEC title, and maybe, just maybe, the national title. But at the least, we're highly ranked. But you know, all of that pales, to beating SPUAT. I so enjoy lording a win over them for a year. They react so badly. It makes life good.

I just mean to point out that Beating Bama in anything should not be the sole priority of why Auburn exists. I believe we sometimes sell ourselves short because we seem to gage all of our self-worth by what Bama does and by trying to beat Bama in everything. Auburn is better than that. I love to beat Bama just like all of you, but I would take losing to Bama in favor of winning SEC titles.

I love to beat Bama just like all of you, but I would take losing to Bama in favor of winning SEC titles.

these types of statements are meaningless (notice how i avoided calling what you wrote 'plain dumb'?).

how many times do we stand to win the SEC because we to lose to bama? none.

is Slive gonna call up Tubby at the beginning of the season and say, "Hey coach, here's your choices for the season...Beating Bama, or Winning the SEC...which do you want?"

of course not. beating bama and winning the SEC are NOT opposing goals.

SO, when it comes down to the scenario where i need to pull for a BAMA victory over AUBURN in order for AUBURN to win the SEC, then i'll sit down with my brother and sister, my mom and my wife, and my kids, and we'll carefully weigh the ramifications of each choice and then choose.

we'll choose the victory over bama, btw. everytime.

Heck, if we loose to anyone this board goes into meltdown mode faster than if the moon turned blood red and the 4 riders of the apopcalypse started their ride. Heck, it doesn't even take a loss, if we don't cover the spread it happens ;)

You got that right, Colonel! I have never seen the level of insanity among fans as we have unfortunately witnessed this season. :au: is teetering with a top 5 national ranking and by some of the posts on Auburn boards, one would think the Tigers were playing .500 ball or worse.

You can most definitely lose to Bama and win the SEC title. That was the premise of my argument. 11-1 with a loss to Bama is one hell of a season in my book. Last year, we beat Bama, but got trounced in the bowl and ended the season on a low. Meanwhile Bama got trounced by us, but beat a good Texas Tech team and finished the season on a high. Also, they were ranked ahead of us in the final poll. Given the choice, I would rather have been in Bama's position last year with the way things played out. That is what I am saying. My #1-#4 are meant to be a barometer for the season. At the beginning of the season all 119 teams sit in their locker roomes and guage how good they think they are. All teams realistic or not think they are title caliber teams in the beginning. Shooting for the national title is the primary goal because that is the pinnacle of college football. Obviously it is not likely, but you have to shoot for it or what's the point of suiting up? The SEC title is alot more realistic and that's why I put it above Bama. Beating Bama is great, but we have beaten Bama many times and gotten squat for it except for state pride. I would rather be known as a national program which is highly competitive and respected. If losing to Bama is the tradeoff, I would take it.

That's just WRONG!!! B)

:au::homer:

Archived