BCS Title Game

WarTiger

I resent anyone calling pcola an idiot.

TMajor, Sani, Supper...well, that's okay. But, you leave Cola' out of this. :big:

Anyway, if you think this scenario is IMPOSSIBLE, please see the LSU-Oklahoma title game of 2003. I believe Okie lost it's title game in a crash and burn of epic proportions then packed their bags to play for the national championship. I know they were all 1 loss teams but the fact remains, they weren't dropped more than 1 spot in the BCS after a humiliating loss.

Damn it, Esquire. First you indirectly called me an idiot. Then you took the example I was going to use to show that it isn't impossible for that scenario to happen. That's it. Me and you. Outside. Right now.

I would but I have got this really bad paper cut right now. Otherwise, it would be beatdown city.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, come to think of it, I have the Whooping Cough, and it probably wouldn't be good for me to get out in this weather.

But if I didn't, I'd take you down to Beatdown Town.

And people have learned from this : they won't allow it to happen again.

Who is this mysterious "they" you are talking about?

Let me lay out to you how this is possible.

Michigan beats Ohio State in a great game on November 18th.

Florida/Auburn/Arkansas win out and one of them gets out of the SECCG with one loss, but no blowout in the SECCG.

The Big East teams, after pillow fighting each other, end up with an undefeated champ.

Texas wins out.

Michigan is consensus Number 1.

Who is a clear cut Number 2? No one. Texas, SEC Champ, Big East champ, Ohio State all have a claim to it.

The computers with a Big Ten bias puts Ohio State as a solid Number Two, while discounting Texas, SEC Champ and Big East champ.

Human pollsters put Ohio State at three, behind the Big East champ and ahead of Texas, who they beat, and the SEC Champs.

In that scenario, you best believe that you would be buying us all a steak dinner.

Go back to your Imaginary Engineering class and leave the football talk to the adults.

Agreed. The OSU - UM rematch scenario isn't getting that much talk, but, IMHO, it's at least as likely as many of the others; after all, the loser will be just one among the (maybe still) many one-loss teams, with the one loss to the (thereafter) #1 ranked team. In fact, I don't think it's far fetched to say (assuming OSU and UM piledrive the remaining Big 10 lightweights on their schedules) if Round 1 is a good game, you can count on a rematch. The Mouse would wet itself.

Yeah, come to think of it, I have the Whooping Cough, and it probably wouldn't be good for me to get out in this weather.

Also, no hitting below the belt, Kay's ovulating right now and we're trying to get pregnant and all...you understand.

I will respect your wishes.

Since we're placing stipulations, please try not to hit me in the face. I have a shoot with Men's Health this Friday, and my agent would kill me if I showed up with a bruise or scratch on this mug.

Other than that, it's on like Donkey Kong!

The difference is: I say people are idiots for there comments because all they are... are comments. They have no logic to their comments, they are just opinions. Opinions are like a-holes - everyone has one. But it doesn't mean it makes sense. At least when I provide an opinion, I provide logical sense into it. Like why UM won't play OSU, while everyone else just says "well I bet they end up playing eachother." But I guess we'll find out in 5 weeks when UM doesn't play OSU and those who thought they would play can just eat it.

Let's see....I wrote this:

I believe that if this game is close, that the loser will NOT drop in the BCS standings enough to be over taken by anybody.

Since you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension, let me explain. The above quote is what I stated as the reason why I believe these two teams could play each other again. That is what I BELIEVE could happen. Now, heres the real tough part for you.....ready??? What part of my statement above doesn't make sense. The more you type the more you lessen your credibilty, and it didn't start to high to begin with...

At least when I provide an opinion, I provide logical sense into it

That is up for a debate that there is no time for....well, come to think of it...it likely wouldn't take very long to debate that statement....moving on.. If you had come here and POLITELY offered up a LOGICAL reason why this MAY NOT happen, it would have been accepted on much better terms....but since you chose to start off your post with name calling, your views, while they MAY be on target, aren't gonna be as well received from the many posters here. Like I said above....leave out the attacks, insults and post an OPINION without ripping into other people for theirs... That is what you have done here....

You keep saying your the only person who's logical, but, football is always X = ?. There is NO GUARANTEE that any team is going to win the rest of their games...NONE. WVU could lose every one of their remaining games. Now, don't get your panties in a wad, i'm not saying they will..(this goes back to that reading comprehension thing), but that its POSSIBLE. Injuries happen to key players. etc... There are some things you can predict about football, but in the end, it always ends up x = ?. That is called deductive reasoning.... Remember, when you point your finger to others, calling them names, you have three pointing back at you. BTW, plenty of people have posted on this thread and given examples of how these two teams could match up again.

I still don't understand why you are so adamant that it can't happen, when we all know(except you) its possible. It may not happen....(does this make your tears go away), but it also MAY very well happen.

Now please, let the adults continue our conversation.....

I will respect your wishes.

Since we're placing stipulations, please try not to hit me in the face. I have a shoot with Men's Health this Friday, and my agent would kill me if I showed up with a bruise or scratch on this mug.

Other than that, it's on like Donkey Kong!

If we could also agree on ruling out the midsection. I've been retaining a lot of water lately and I'm not sure why. Have a doctor's appointment Friday to check that out.

If we're cool with that, I drop you like a 3 foot putt, buddy.

The difference is: I say people are idiots for there comments because all they are... are comments. They have no logic to their comments, they are just opinions. Opinions are like a-holes - everyone has one. But it doesn't mean it makes sense. At least when I provide an opinion, I provide logical sense into it. Like why UM won't play OSU, while everyone else just says "well I bet they end up playing eachother." But I guess we'll find out in 5 weeks when UM doesn't play OSU and those who thought they would play can just eat it.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT....

"At least when I have an opinion, I provide logical sense into it"

BAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA... Not only is that sentence poorly constructed, it is an absolute fabrication. Did you run into Kenny, David, Brandon and Courtney on campus and have a meaningful discussion about this subject and arrive at a consensus? Did you, Tuberville, Borges and Muschamp debate this topic at the shrimp boil you hosted in your dorm? Your arguments contain about the same amount of "logical sense" as Borat's interviews.

Toot thy own horn, PC, because nobody else is going to do it for you.

Dude, I would take you in a debate anytime, anywhere.

BTW, there you go with the insults again. Is there something wrong with me making a post saying that I bumped into David Irons and that we chatted about his commercial spot? Is it so wrong for me to talk about "noticing" (apparently I can't say "seeing") Kenny with a boot on his leg. BTW, seeing that I know Kenny Irons, I think I have more than a right to say whatever I want. And it's not like I try to think I'm cool by proclaiming that I know him - seeing that I have only made two posts about "noticing" them on campus. Get a grip ****

MOD Edit: Watch the name calling and language...

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT....

"At least when I have an opinion, I provide logical sense into it"

BAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA... Not only is that sentence poorly constructed, it is an absolute fabrication. Did you run into Kenny, David, Brandon and Courtney on campus and have a meaningful discussion about this subject and arrive at a consensus? Did you, Tuberville, Borges and Muschamp debate this topic at the shrimp boil you hosted in your dorm? Your arguments contain about the same amount of "logical sense" as Borat's interviews.

Toot thy own horn, PC, because nobody else is going to do it for you.

Dude, I would take you in a debate anytime, anywhere.

BTW, there you go with the insults again. Is there something wrong with me making a post saying that I bumped into David Irons and that we chatted about his commercial spot? Is it so wrong for me to talk about "noticing" (apparently I can't say "seeing") Kenny with a boot on his leg. BTW, seeing that I know Kenny Irons, I think I have more than a right to say whatever I want. And it's not like I try to think I'm cool by proclaiming that I know him - seeing that I have only made two posts about "noticing" them on campus. Get a grip ****

Yeah, you've got Kenny on your friends list on Facebook. Awesome, dude. Nobody else has that. You're just amazing. Your "connections" make you the primary source of inside info.

Debate, HAH! How funny. PC drops the dreaded "internet slap-fight" gauntlet. And does so in the same post in which he drops names about who he "knows". That's CLASSIC. Two dork moves in one post. You are the MAN! Depending on your definition of "man" that is.

BTW? Kenny said stop stalking him or he's getting a restraining order. And please don't discuss "dick gripping" on this board. People might get the wrong idea.

Ha! Facebook... good one. How much of a nerd do you have to be to be a "monitor" of a Forums page. And I don't need to convince you or anyone else who my friends are, I have no reason to - but I do know the guy personally. Don't be so jealous :bawling:

Also, no hitting below the belt, Kay's ovulating right now and we're trying to get pregnant and all...you understand.

Ahh..another AUNation member going through the same thing I am with all this "ovulating" stuff. Does it drive you crazy too having to look at a stinking calendar to know when you can get your freak on with your wife? :lol:

Ha! Facebook... good one. How much of a nerd do you have to be to be a "monitor" of a Forums page. And I don't need to convince you or anyone else who my friends are, I have no reason to - but I do know the guy personally. Don't be so jealous :bawling:

You just don't have a clue, zippy. It'd be really funny if you knew 1/10th of what you think you do.

BTW? Screaming Kenny's name when he comes through TigerWalk isn't exactly "knowing" him, but I guess that works for you. I'll tell him to wave at you next time so you'll feel really special.

Do you think your bothering me? Cuz your not... I'm done trying to defend myself because it's just a waste of a time trying to argue with a little kid behind a computer screen,

MOD EDIT: Posted edited for adult content.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Do you think your bothering me? Cuz your not... I'm done trying to defend myself because it's just a waste of a time trying to argue with a little kid behind a computer screen,

If we promise to miss you, will you please go away?

"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Cuz your not...

The above statement from your last post speaks volumes. First, no self-respecting adult uses IM shorthand like "cuz". That's reserved for doinks, teenagers and people trying too hard to be cool. Second, your grammar absolutely sucks. Please get out your study guides and review the proper usage of your and you're. When you add those type of errors (and don't try to pretend it was a "typo") to your hit-or-miss spelling and your atrocious sentence structure you come off as a goob trying to appear intelligent. And failing.

Perhaps I should put it in phrasing you might understand.

U r not as smart as u think u r. I'm jus tryin 2 help u cuz its whut I do.

Cuz your not...

The above statement from your last post speaks volumes. First, no self-respecting adult uses IM shorthand like "cuz". That's reserved for doinks, teenagers and people trying too hard to be cool. Second, your grammar absolutely sucks. Please get out your study guides and review the proper usage of your and you're. When you add those type of errors (and don't try to pretend it was a "typo") to your hit-or-miss spelling and your atrocious sentence structure you come off as a goob trying to appear intelligent. And failing.

Perhaps I should put it in phrasing you might understand.

U r not as smart as u think u r. I'm jus tryin 2 help u cuz its whut I do.

Because this is a message board, I don't worry about my grammar. I write how I want. Because we all know you don't use IM shortcuts (like BTW). Speaking of intelligence - when, where, and in what did you get your degree? I'm not acting like you don't have one, I'm just curious

Archived