The Kicking Game

Earthcat

We have the most amazing and effective kicking game in football and that includes the pros. Vaughn, Bliss, and Clark...what a combination. These guys give us an incredible advantage that is often overlooked (or just not applauded enough). I wish my pro team (Redskins), would draft 'em all. Hell, a pro scout with any cojones would have Clark on their list just as a kick-off artist. How many times has he kicked it clear out of the endzone? What an advantage to have the opponent nearly always starting at the 20. When I have someone over, new to Auburn, it gives me joy to say "watch this", then more often than not it sails into or out of the endzone. That is unheard of. Bliss is a rock, over 43 average, dependable, reliable, if there is a shank in his resume I don't remember it. When our offense don't get it done, I'm always confident we're gonna pin 'em back. And he has a touch for the inside the twenty pouch. Vaughn....how great is it to have him coming in when we need him? Two over fifty, he has the leg, he can get the distance. And he has the accuracy within the 50. Man are we blessed we these guys.

Archived