Coaches Poll Out

Justin5

I saw that... how the hell is Louisville not top 3 - that is just ridiculous. Those coaches must really not want a Big East team in there. Michigan isn't even a concensus #2 (there are 10 votes out there going somewhere else - prolly Louisville).

I'm guessing louisville is not #2 because the coaches like the rest of the world know they are in a cupcake conference and have only two wins worth mentioning and those aren't even that impressive.

UGA left the door open last year when they folded in the sugar bowl to a lesser uwv team that wanted it much worse.

The bcs always has been and will be a joke. The big east doesn't deserve an automatic bid.

Either there will be a playoff or it will always be a MNC.

I saw that... how the hell is Louisville not top 3 - that is just ridiculous. Those coaches must really not want a Big East team in there. Michigan isn't even a concensus #2 (there are 10 votes out there going somewhere else - prolly Louisville).

Louisville isn't a Top 3 team. That display on Thursday night was disgraceful. It was Playstation football. It was the equivalent of two 2A high school teams ripping up and down the field. There were a lot of things it was -- college football wasn't one of them.

Because they saw zero defense in the game Thursday night that's why. Hell, the turf made more tackles than both teams combined.

I wonder if the computer polls will be a little different this week. It's hard to think that those computers will see Michigan as #1 after two close calls.

This bump should help us out because I think our computer ranking will continue to slide for this week.

I know most ppl don't like the computer polls, but sometimes they make sense out of a lot of things. Such as:

Who has Texas beat? Complain all you want about UL, but they are undefeated and has beaten a Top 10 team. AU has beaten two caliber opponents, but also still behind Texas. It's not always about "who you lost to" but "who have you beaten?" Who you lose to is crap because UT lost to OSU - but they got killed by them.

Who has WVU beat? Nobody, but they are still ahead of LSU and Arkansas?

Coaches polls make no sense at all

Where were these two teams, WVU and UL, ranked in this poll last week? If they had WVU at #3 or #4, then UL deserves to be bumped to at least where WVU was. We all know what most rational thinking people think about those two teams and that conference. But, if a poll had WVU at #3 or #4 last week and UL (a top 10 team) beat them, then those same voters can't just up and say WVU is all of a sudden...crap.

My take on those two is that I'd match our boys up against either of their defenses and take my chances. On the other hand, I wouldn't give our defense a rat's arse of a chance against either of those two offenses. Sorry conference or not, that's two high powered offenses and two swiss cheese defenses.

No love for LSU either.

I was a little suprised they didn't jump us in the polls. I don't think they should have, but would not have been suprised if they did.

WVU should not still be in the top 10.

You can't be serious. You must have stock in ESPN or either you and Herbie are best buds. Louisville has played nobody except WV and we all saw what a joke of a conference the Big East is by the way their two "best" teams played Thursday night. If Louisville played in the SEC, no way would they would be undefeated. Even Mississippi State's defense would give them trouble. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. They apparently don't teach defense in the Big East.

OSU and Michigan struggled with their games, but they still have both been the most consistent during the entire year so far. Either one of those teams would mop the floor with UL.

I do agree with those that do not think Arky is getting any respect. If they make it through their next 3 games untouched, I think you will see them get it. If they beat UT, they better not look past Miss. St.

I'm kind of surprised that WVa dropped as far as they did. They should have, but I'm surprised they did.

I may be wrong, but I think the AP has them ranked ahead of us??? I hope I am wrong!

I'm kind of surprised that WVa dropped as far as they did. They should have, but I'm surprised they did.

ap poll?

Tell me I'm wrong, please!

you're wrong

ap poll?

Tell me I'm wrong, please!

Doesn't matter. The AP poll is meaningless.

Good! I see that my poll was wrong anyway! I don't know why SI put today's date on it.

You can't be serious. You must have stock in ESPN or either you and Herbie are best buds. Louisville has played nobody except WV and we all saw what a joke of a conference the Big East is by the way their two "best" teams played Thursday night. If Louisville played in the SEC, no way would they would be undefeated. Even Mississippi State's defense would give them trouble. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. They apparently don't teach defense in the Big East.

Well who has Texas beaten? Oooo yea... nobody

Uh...other than a HORRIBLE Miami team, who has media darling L'ville beaten? Floriday? Oh, no, that was us...uh...LSU...uh no...that was us too. Put em in the SEC and let's see how undefeated they stay! L'ville and the WVA's of this world are a JOKE!

Sorry...I didn't have my coffee this morning. :no:

:au::homer:

Did I say anything about Texas in my post?

"Complain all you want about UL, but they are undefeated and has beaten a Top 10 team".

Come on, you know WVU was only a top 5 team when UL played them because they started the season high in the polls based on killing UGA in the Sugar Bowl last year (and hasn't UGA shown they're a quality win since then), WVU proceeded to rise through attrition and by playing NOBODY in a conference that shouldn't have an auto-BCS birth any more (after Miami et al left). UL beating a team that beat NOBODY this year to get inside the top 5 does NOT prove UL is anything other than a top 15 team.

Did I say anything about Texas in my post?

Well I guess I made the mistake of assumption here - my mistake. I just figured if UL didn't deserve top 3, who should take there spot. Who is your #3? You may select UF because they have played well this year, with a loss to AU (a tough road loss is reasonable), but some will argue AU needs to be ahead of them, which argue Arkansas should be ranked higher, but they lost to USC, who is there with Cal who lost to Tennessee, and then there is ND who just hasn't beaten anyone at all. So unless your #3 is UF because of the quality they have played with the entire year... sorry I just assumed Texas.

I just don't see how any 1-loss team can be ranked ahead of an undefeated UL team. Say all you want about UL playing in the SEC, they have done something the other teams haven't: win all their games.

Archived