Bowl Game

BGoodTiger

I know it is a good ways away, but both Maisel and Schlabach on ESPN have predicted us going to the Orange Bowl to play Georgia Tech. What do ya'll think of this?

Whatever bowl game we wind up going to I hope are boys are mentally prepared unlike last year. War Eagle and Beat the Bulldogs.

I would like a piece of GT just because they have made such a fool out of us in the past... But I wish we were playing someone else Like ND or USC or Texas. Beating GT will prove nothing to this BCS system... Because I would think going into this game we would most likely be the favorites and if we win people will just say oh well they were suppose to. I would much rather beat a ND, USC or Texas and really kick the media in the nuts by beating one of these teams. Of course if we did play GT I would be a little worried because even when they aren't the better team they seem to have our number... It's like they have us figured out or something.

I still have faith that UT and LSU will pull out wins over Arkansas and we'll go to the SECCG and on to the sugar bowl. Plus I really want to take a trip back to N.O. now that I'm 21

I still think predicting bowl games is silly until the regular season is complete. With two more games left in most schedules, there are too many games that can throw everything into a tailspin. I think just about the only given is that either OSU or Michigan will be undefeated and playing for the MNC.

I think LSU will definitely beat Arkansas because they have the defense and they still have a hope of going to the SECCG if they win out Arky loses and Auburn loses... They are not "mathematically" eliminated yet... But what I AM worried about is Tennessee doing their part... I think before this week they would have won this game. But now since they lost to LSU they are officially eliminated from the SECCG because UF clinched. And now they having nothing to play for except maybe a trip to the Capital One Bowl or the Cotton Bowl, not to mention 3 of their players being arrested the other day 1 of those being Arrian Foster their starting RB... Who coincidentally is only suspended for the first half of the game lol. I'm glad it wasn't the whole game it shows that Fulmer isn't giving up and throwing in the towel. But still this is alot UT has against them.

Louisville beats Rutgers but barely, slips in BCS (too much to hope that Rutgers wins)

Texas A&M beats Texas

LSU beats Arkansas

Cal or UCLA beat USC

USC beats ND

Arkansas beats Florida in the SECCG

Michigan beats OSU

Auburn wins out

Auburn plays Michigan for the BCS championship

One can wish

I think AU will play in the Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma

If we do what we are supposed to do the Cotton Bowl would be a slap in the face.

I, for one, Am not thinking about any Bowl game just YET. Gotta' take care of business the next two weeks. THEN, we will be in good shape to have a very Happy Holiday Season!

Sugar Bowl -if we win out, Ark loses two and we beat FL in SEC Championship

Orange Bowl if we win out and Ark loses less than 2

Those are the only options that deserve discussion, because they are the only ones our team will allow.

Cl1ck Cl@ck!

BEAT UGA AND BAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have enough to worry about with those guys! UGA would love nothing more than to escape the dreadful season with a win over #5 Auburn! And Bama would love nothing more than to escape theirs with a win over the nemisis.

BEAT UGA AND BAMA!

Georgia, Alabama, and Kentucky better hope that 2 SEC teams make it in the BCS because if they're all 6-6 with 1 SEC team in the BCS, one of them will be sitting home around New Years...... Also, DON"T count out Mississippi State against Arkansas.... Just ask Bama!!!

Georgia, Alabama, and Kentucky better hope that 2 SEC teams make it in the BCS because if they're all 6-6 with 1 SEC team in the BCS, one of them will be sitting home around New Years...... Also, DON"T count out Mississippi State against Arkansas.... Just ask Bama!!!

It's Bama... not surprised

Who are you predicting will beat us, Georgia or Alabama?

I am not sure - it has just been my guess for a while now. I see Auburn losing one more game, just not sure if it'll be UGA (we play bad before noon), Alabama (they want revenge), or Florida. I hope Auburn can win out and go to a BCS bowl. I'm not saying I'm going to be right - just a prediction, nothing more.

Who are you predicting will beat us, Georgia or Alabama?

I am not sure - it has just been my guess for a while now. I see Auburn losing one more game, just not sure if it'll be UGA (we play bad before noon), Alabama (they want revenge), or Florida. I hope Auburn can win out and go to a BCS bowl. I'm not saying I'm going to be right - just a prediction, nothing more.

Thanks, Eeyore.

Good lord, the obligatory "we have to take care of business first" post. WE are not playing the game, the players should be concentrating on the next game but WE can multi-task all we want. Watch this: I'm thinking about the UGA game, thinking about the bowl possibilities, drinking a coke, petting my dog AND sitting @ my computer! And it won't even effect the outcome of the UGA game!

GT in a bowl game would be another Wisconsin waiting to happen, a no-excitement/little incentive game for the players, asking for a flat performance. GT is also about as exciting as a wet rag.

I'm w/ those voting for a bowl against a classic opponent for a change (loser of Mich/OSU, ND, Texas, USC, etc).

Good lord, the obligatory "we have to take care of business first" post. WE are not playing the game, the players should be concentrating on the next game but WE can multi-task all we want. Watch this: I'm thinking about the UGA game, thinking about the bowl possibilities, drinking a coke, petting my dog AND sitting @ my computer! And it won't even effect the outcome of the UGA game!

You seriously don't understand hoo-doo, do you?

Sometimes I hate being right

IF we beat Bama you mean. By the ways I got two AU/BAMA tickets for sale as of 2:00pm today.

Archived