Bowl Game

BGoodTiger

I think AU will play in the Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma

Sometimes I hate being right

IF we beat Bama you mean. By the ways I got two AU/BAMA tickets for sale as of 2:00pm today.

Ho Much?

Any one else see us going to the outback bowl playing Wisconsin and getting thumped again. All you have to do is play physical and hit Auburn in the mouth. They roll over and cry mommy. Example Arkansas and Georgia games.

The Cotton Bowl is a "name" bowl that has really taken a slide in the last 10-15 years...it's at a crappy time of day, the facility itself is a raging pile of dung and the surrounding neighborhood is, well, questionable.

If :au: manages to beat :ua: , then it might be Outback...a loss there might send us to the Peach.

"Any one else see us going to the outback bowl playing Wisconsin and getting thumped again. All you have to do is play physical and hit Auburn in the mouth. They roll over and cry mommy. Example Arkansas and Georgia games".

Yeah, we really yelped against UF & LSU didn't we...and if you want to refer to other years like Wisconsin, we were SUCH wooses in winning 31 of our last 36 games, including 8 top 10 teams during that run.

Wisconsin in the Outback & GT in the Orange are no-win situations for us, playing good but unadvertised teams that we get zero props IF we beat. The Orange is a name bowl so a s an alumnus I'mm all for that. As a fan (and as anybody who's been to an Orange Bowl game will tell you), it's in the middle of a part of Miami one wouldn't exactly tailgate in, and the stadium itself is decaying and generally a dump. Another upside, we get local coverage in talent-rich South Florida.

The Outback Bowl is generally an SEC East bowl is it not? I know AU has been there before, but it has been a long time. What we really need to happen is for one of the SEC teams to grab an at-large birth, but I doubt that'll happen. My guess is it'll look something like this:

Sugar: Florida/Arkansas

Capital One: Arkansas/Florida

Cotton: Auburn/LSU

Outback: Tennessee

Peach: LSU/Auburn

Liberty: Georgia

Music City: South Carolina

Independence: Kentucky/Alabama

Kentucky/Alabama end up somewhere else (where?)

Archived