Thoughts on Coach Borges and the Iron Bowl

StatTiger

Two words....Tommy Trott.

Four words: Tommy Trott Touchdown. Amen.

Personally I think that they are gonna try to stop the run and load up on the short passing routes(LIKE 2004)...if Cox can't throw deep it will be a LONG day! :no::no: Heck, Auburn loses in `04 without the deep passes!

Great post Stat! I agree totally.

They also switched to a 4-3. WE WILL NOT WIN WITH A 3-4 AGAINST BAMA. No pressure and Sarah Jessica Parker Boudroux Wilson will eat us alive. And he is not an inexperienced freshman like Stafford. Fear the 3-4!!!!!!

We played 3-4 in games against teams with good WR's and TE's. I don't think Bama has that (especially since Keith Brown was hurt against LSU). I agree, the 4-3 is the way to go. We must get pressure on the QB.

Al's an historian too. I think he'll pay attention to his TEs up the middle and RBS out of the backfield (especially early) because they're safe plays that have worked for AU in past Ironbowls (especially when Bama's overrated DC blitzes on every play of the first quarter...and they will), they make sense for the chuck & duck situation his semi-healthy OL/QB are in and frankly, Bama's preparing for AU TEs probably stopped about the time Cole went down.

After watching the futility of play-calling this year:

1) I'm not sure AB remembers that these plays exist.

2) If he does, then why the hell have we not used them all year.

3) Both 1) and 2) piss me off.

Don't forget the catch and run crossing routes.

If we win by using these, then 2) will really weigh heavily on my mind. It's not like it is hindsight when we were yelling about this 3 games into the season.

Archived