The Kiss of Death

TitanTiger

President Dean is going to have a great eight years in office.

Oh, come on! Do you really think Governor Riley will let him come be president at Auburn? Doubt it... :rolleyes:

President of the ACLU? Of PETA? Of Greenpeace? For sure. Didn't know those organizations had term limits for presidents tho...

TigerMike and I already have a Toomers Drugstore lemonade bet on this matter, but I'd love to open it up to anyone else who'd like in on it.

The bet: Howard Dean will be the next President (of these United States, for all of the smartasses!!!).

The ante: One glass of Toomers finest lemonade which the losers (that would be the Bush-lovers) will buy for the winner (winners if my fellow Democrats decide to join in) at a time convenient to all parties involved, possibly the AU/UGA game, if it is after the election and there are no shenanigans again in Florida.

Put your money and your lemonade where your mouth is!!!

And the US will suffer terribly with El Presidente Dean in office for lifetime; with his views in line with Castro's, that's what he is really hoping to accomplish...

And the US will suffer terribly with El Presidente Dean in office for lifetime; with his views in line with Castro's, that's what he is really hoping to accomplish...

And, just out of curiosity, which views are those?

if it is after the election and there are no shenanigans again in Florida.

In the words of John Kerry, "Get the F*** over it"!

In the words of TigerAl, "Kiss my ***!!!"

In the words of TigerAl, "Kiss my ***!!!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry, but that was funny!!!! Good one TigerAl.

TigerMike and I already have a Toomers Drugstore lemonade bet on this matter,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and there are no shenanigans again in Florida.

Put your money and your lemonade where your mouth is!!!

Are you saying the dang Democrats will again try to STEAL the election in Florida? One would think after your last attempt to steal an election you would not try again. :lol::blink:

But no matter, I am sure looking forward to my lemonaide. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

The former VP, who couldn't win on the coattails of the "glorious Clinton years", who couldn't win his own home state which he served in the Senate for over a decade, gives his nod to Nikita Dean:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105187,00.html

Actually, Nikita Gore did win more votes than Adolf Bush. ;) Unfortunately, he couldn't beat the Supreme Court. Gore, who had 1/2 million more votes than Bush in 2000, did make some mistakes in 2000. The first and biggest was that he tried to distance himself fron Clinton. The biggest asset that Gore had in the 2000 elections was having been Clinton's VP for the past eight years. He didn't even allow Clinton to campaign for him in states where Clinton had enjoyed much success in his prior two, non-Supreme Court decided election victories. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

The second, and possibly equally as stupid, mistake that Gore made was in his selection of a running mate. Typicaly, Republicans try to make the Democrats look weak on defense. Instead of campaigning on his service in Vietnam vs. Bush's questionable record in ALabama, he chose a running mate that would remind anyone old enough to remember him of Wally Cox. There's no better way to shore up the weak misconception better than picking the class nerd for your running mate. Instead of using our recent victory in Bosnia where no American lives were lost as a positive to dispel the myth of weak on defense, he chose instead to bolster it. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

When Bush's DUI became public the weekend before the election, instead of firing back at the one accusing HIM of being a liar, he backpedaled and said that personal info such as this shouldn't be used as a political tool in the election. Instead of demanding that Bush "fess up", he gave him a free ride and actually helped turn the tide of sentiment on the matter into Bush's favor, giving the American undecideds a reason to believe that the Democrats were fighting a "dirty" fight. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Gore allowed the Republicans to label hima liar and someone who couldn't be trusted with the "internet inventor" and "Love Story" fables. Both of the statements that he made were factual but had been twisted to make them unbelievable. Gore stated that his vote and influence helped to create the internet, which it did. He never said he "invented the internet." Gore also stated aboard Air Force Two that he and Tipper were the models for Erich Segal's "Love Story". Even though this was later confirmed by Segal himself, the Republicans made hay with that aside given in a moment of leisure. Instead of defending himself, Gore took the high road. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Instead of fighting back and showing all of the Bush lies, he distanced himself from the mudslinging that so typifies American politics and tried to keep his campaign issue oriented. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

All in all, his entire campaign was "Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb." But he still drew more votes than Bush, who now thinks he has some kind of mandate from the American people!!

When Bush's DUI became public the weekend before the election, instead of firing back at the one accusing HIM of being a liar, he backpedaled and said that personal info such as this shouldn't be used as a political tool in the election. Instead of demanding that Bush "fess up", he gave him a free ride and actually helped turn the tide of sentiment on the matter into Bush's favor...

What was Bush supposed to fess up to? A DUI? Is that sort of like "I didn't inhale" and what does it matter, "I was in college?"

Instead of fighting back and showing all of the Bush lies, he distanced himself from the mudslinging that so typifies American politics and tried to keep his campaign issue oriented...

All kidding aside, I must be reading something wrong because I still don't know what "Bush Lies" you are talking about.

I don't see how we could be any worse than we are with Bush. This Republican administration is like putting the children in charge of the credit cards. Our annual budget defict (Which had become a surplus under Clinton) is estimated to be a half a trillion dollars, starting in 2004. It's projected to be that high or higher as far as projections go. That's not even including the multi-billion dollar "energy policy" giveaway to the gas, oil and coal companies that some "true" Republican fiscal conservatives have helped the Democrats to block.

Every company that Bush has run was raided by Bush and co. and then left to bankruptcy. He has run this nation the same way. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and thinks the American public owes him his fortunes. While he does his best to bankrupt this country, Republicans who claim to know better, toe the party line and declare him the best thing for this country since Thomas Jefferson.

Our nation is already SEVEN TRILLION DOLLARS in debt. Current debt!! At the rate we're spending, we would see a debt of TEN TRILLION DOLLARS by the end of this decade alone. Notice the deficits that Clinton inherited vs. his last years in office. And BUSH is supposed to be the fiscal conservative? :roll: TEN TRILLION DOLLARS!! Do the math. That's an average debt of $34,000 for every man, woman and child living in this nation by the year 2010. Add to that the increase in Social Security when the Baby Boomers start retiring and you're leaving your children and grandchildren a HUGE burden. Was that small pittance that you got in tax cuts worth THAT? THAT'S the inheritance that you'll leave your kids!!

Every company that Bush has run was raided by Bush and co. and then left to bankruptcy. He has run this nation the same way. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and thinks the American public owes him his fortunes. While he does his best to bankrupt this country, Republicans who claim to know better, toe the party line and declare him the best thing for this country since Thomas Jefferson.

Do you have solid, OBJECTIVE proof of this or is this what the liberal "fanny-ribbon" publications tell you?

Every company that Bush has run was raided by Bush and co. and then left to bankruptcy

This is what I was referring to before we get off track! ;)

Do you have solid, OBJECTIVE proof of this or is this what the liberal "fanny-ribbon" publications tell you?

Here's one for you. I'd love to provide you with more but I don't have the time to waste on such trivial matters when there is news to post.

George W. Bush sells two-thirds of his Harken Energy stock at the top of the market for $850,000, a 200% profit, but makes no report to the SEC until March 1991. Bush Jr. says later the SEC misplaced the report. An SEC representative responds: "nobody ever found the 'lost' filing." One week after Bush's sale, Harken reports an earnings plunge. Harken stock falls more than 60%. Bush uses most of the proceeds to pay off the bank loan he had taken a year earlier to finance his portion of the Texas Rangers deal.

August: Saddam Hussein invades Kuwait. Harken's stock price drops substantially. Two months after Bush sells his stock, Harken posts losses for the 2nd quarter of well over $20 million and is shares fall another 24 %, by year end Harken is trading at $1.25. Bush has insisted that he did not know about the firm's mounting losses and that his stock sell-off was approved by Harken's general counsel.

Ken Lay ain't got nothing on his old buddy Georgie Boy.

George W. Bush And Harken Oil - Recovered History

Here's my question - don't you think it very funny that a mere three years ago, Al Gore thought Joe Lieberman was good enough to be "a heartbeat away" from the Presidency, but now he throws his support to someone who is a very left wing Dem?

It has been intimated by some in the press that Gore is beginning to show his true colors - moving away from the centrist leanings of his years as the Clinton understudy, and becoming much more left wing. And that brings me to my comments from a previous post about WHY he couldn't even carry his own home state. Southerners are CENTRIST/Moderate and lately the Republicans have better been able to attract those voters than the Dems have. And as long as the Dems move left instead of center, like towards Dean and away from, say, Lieberman, they will most likely NOT win elections. I don't think you are going to convince Southern voters and Western voters to support a Democratic candidate that is NOT centrist. And I don't think you can win without the South, and I don't think that you will convince ALL of the Northeast to support a leftist candidate either. People refer to Dean very often as a Mondale or a McGovern - not just conservative writers either - and Mondale and McGovern brought the Dem Party two of its worst presidential defeats in history!

The other comment I heard today - and yes, it was on Rush, but still makes sense - is that Bill Clinton's legacy in the Democratic Party - winning two consecutive elections by appealing to that centrist voter - is completely gone, and the Dems won't win without the centrists. Al's endorsement of Dean is as much a repudiation of Clinton as it is a show of support of a left wing candidate.

No, Jenny, what I think is funny is how you 'know' so much about Howard Dean but just a few days ago you were moaning because none of the candidates would communicate to you what they stood for and that Dean's website was too confusing to find the info. When did you have your Dean epiphany, when Rush talked to you today?

Newsflash: Lieberman has no chance of winning!!! He was a terrible choice for VP. Had Gore picked someone dynamic like John Edwards there would've been a different outcome.

You used the phrase 'very left wing Dem' about Dean. In what way?

If balanced budgets, health insurance for the uninsured, economic stability and true homeland security are left-field liberal ideas, then I'll take that 24/7. And a leader with an IQ above that of a brick would be a welcome change, too!

Al, in your RUSH (haha, play on words) to defend your candidate, you missed the point of my comment totally. My question was more about Gore than about Dean - and my point about Gore came from Rush, not anything I said about Dean. My comment was that Gore was a centrist when he was Clinton's VP - Clinton won because he appealed to centrist voters, and Gore was part of that for eight years. Then Gore chose a centrist VP himself, and lost. Now he has turned his back on his centrist partner and selected someone who is MUCH more to the left of Joe Lieberman. I don't have to know anything about Dean to know he is left wing of the party. There is no way you or anyone could claim that Howard Dean is as centrist as Lieberman - which, by process of elimination, makes him leftist! He certainly is not to the RIGHT of Lieberman!!!

Rush's comment was that in endorsing Dean ("The Man To Take America Back!" :D ), Gore has undermined Clinton's attempts to move the Democratic party to the center. Why do you think Clinton is supporting Clark? He hopes Clark will appeal to the CENTRIST VOTE - heavy natl security experience and centrist on other issues as well (BTW, for you to imply that DEAN would offer us "true homeland security" is ludicrous). The centrist vote got Clinton elected! Clinton understands, as do MANY other pundits and writers, of all political persuasions, that candidates that are seen to be on the extreme edge of their party - EITHER party - will NOT get elected. Think Pat Buchannan. Dean is perceived, whether rightly or wrongly, as left of center, and will not be a winning candidate for President, as he cannot win in the South.

And Lieberman was good enough to win the popular vote with Gore in 2000, as you and donut love to point out!! Now all of a sudden he is a "terrible choice"?? Are you implying that it was LIEBERMAN that cost Gore the election? That with a John Edwards as a VP candidate, Gore would have won??? Coulda woulda shoulda...

And Al, I don't claim to "know" so much about Howard Dean - never said I did, and honestly, I don't care to, as he will be nothing but a footnote to history as the man who lost the 2004 election to GWB.

Actually, Nikita Gore did win more votes than Adolf Bush.  ;) Unfortunately, he couldn't beat the Supreme Court. Gore, who had 1/2 million more votes than Bush in 2000...All in all, his entire campaign was "Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb." But he still drew more votes than Bush, who now thinks he has some kind of mandate from the American people!!

Irrelevant and untrue. Irrelevant because you know as well as I do that popular vote does not elect a president in this country and never has. Untrue, because every recount done, except the one that employed the least likely standard (as in, it had never been used in a major election before) for counting questionable votes, Bush would have still won Florida. All the Supreme Court did in the end was hasten the inevitable.

Archived