typical bammer

auwallace

while driving back to auburn from lake martin today i pulled up to what i consider to be the prototypical bammer in lovely dadeville. While individual aspects of the description i provide are not wholly bammer in and of themself; together they create what us auburn fans deal with day in and day out. Please feel free to object if any of you feel i am being unfair.

1. Lifted pickup truck with "size does matter" sticker (you know the one with the record non-typical whitetail deer antlers)

2. No shirt on

3. camo hat

4. camo beer hugger, which had a busch light in it.......WHILE DRIVING!!!!!!

5. And this brings me to the kicker, a houndstooth hat nestled on the dashboard, oh the bahr would be proud.

I don't get it. Does it make you feel better to see a poor person in public if he sports the :ua: logo? I just don't get it.

I'm from Covington County, AL. It's not exactly Mountain Brook's biggest economic rival. We have many :au: fans that obviously tote thin wallets. Many Bama fans in the area are in the same boat. And guess what? Neither one of them know the fight song, when the university was established, the words to the alma mater, or who the current President is. Do I wish they did? Sure. Am I ashamed of them? Certainly not. My point is... don't act like we have the market cornered on the people that you supposedly look down on. I've honestly never noticed any difference between the two sets of fans.

I don't get it. Does it make you feel better to see a poor person in public if he sports the :ua: logo? I just don't get it.

I'm from Covington County, AL. It's not exactly Mountain Brook's biggest economic rival. We have many :au: fans that obviously tote thin wallets. Many Bama fans in the area are in the same boat. And guess what? Neither one of them know the fight song, when the university was established, the words to the alma mater, or who the current President is. Do I wish they did? Sure. Am I ashamed of them? Certainly not. My point is... don't act like we have the market cornered on the people that you supposedly look down on. I've honestly never noticed any difference between the two sets of fans.

1. i was coming from lake martin after working all day on a job, i am in no way rich, rather i am a graduate student at auburn and trust me there is no way to be rich on what they pay me to GTA.

2. his truck was nicer than mine

i was in no way refering to the man's socio-economic status, and i beg to differ on the difference of the two fanbases. Alabama has a wonderful tradition of winning and there is no way to doubt that, don't get me wrong. But that is what brings out the unwashed masses (which you obviously are not a part of). Its the same reason every hillbilly in ohio is a buckeye fan.

Actually my question to wincrim. is a legitimate one......

Hearing about the houndstooth hat the dash board made me think about it. There is a guy in a electrical van that drives around West Georgia and he has a houndstooth propped up on his dashboard as well. My question is this.....

Is this a secret organization that we need to be aware of?

or

Is this the replacement for the crown incense burners that used to decorate the dash boards?

Is this a secret organization that we need to be aware of?

Yeah, it shows the occupant is a member of DANG, Dirtroad Alumni, Not a Graduate

Dang.jpg

What makes you think he was poor? How he keeps his car and how he dressed have NOTHING to do with that. Or at least that was the way I was taught.

totally piss poor attempt at bashing him for doing something he was absolutely not doing. you sound mighty butthurt, bubba. he was saying you're a bunch of rednecks who choose not to WEAR shirts, not that you don't OWN them. we know you own plenty of "got twelve?"s and ratty-ass 1992 Champs tees.

also, i call absolute BS on big chunks of auburn fans not knowing our fight song. ours is, honestly, much easier to memorize, considering it doesn't have a bunch of crusty, old, worn-out historical jargon in it.

People who sport the "size matters" sticker and go shirtless usually aren't rolling in the dough. Common sense tells you that.

Sorry, I still think that stuff like you mentioned determines one's "class", not their bank account.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I know the guy who developed the "Size Matters" logo and stickers. Far from a redneck, he's a successful businessman in the Birmingham area and an avid hunter.

I know the guy who developed the "Size Matters" logo and stickers. Far from a redneck, he's a successful businessman in the Birmingham area and an avid hunter.

"That guy didn't invent it. I invented it. That guy is the devil."

totally piss poor attempt at bashing him for doing something he was absolutely not doing. you sound mighty butthurt, bubba. he was saying you're a bunch of rednecks who choose not to WEAR shirts, not that you don't OWN them. we know you own plenty of "got twelve?"s and ratty-ass 1992 Champs tees.

also, i call absolute BS on big chunks of auburn fans not knowing our fight song. ours is, honestly, much easier to memorize, considering it doesn't have a bunch of crusty, old, worn-out historical jargon in it.

Chill out. Geez.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

And we're not a "bunch of rednecks" any more than your fanbase. And, I kinda like those ratty-ass 1992 Champs t-shirts. They sure as hell beat the wool 1957 sweaters.

again, it wasn't one aspect of the guy it was the amalgamation of all those aspects that produced the perfect bammer.

Allegedly?

• 3 weeks later...

Sort of off the topic but you're from Covington County Wincrimson? I am too, from Andalusia, my name is Jason Williams and I'm a college student at Auburn right now, might not know me, but I thought i'd check just in case, whats your name if you don't mind sharing?

Man, what kind of fool are you? How do you know he's poor, he may just be an idiot! Kinda like YOU!!!

AU Wallace is right.

Wincrimson, you need to change your name to losecrimson.

AU Wallace, did you vote on the bp poll? If you didn't then choose the last selection.

Archived