Was Ditka Right?

DKW 86

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ditka? This may have gone over my head...but did Ditka really say this?

I have a friend who is a huge Bears and Alabama fan...if there is really a quote liek this out there. I need it!!

If its some sort of joke...sorry in advance!

EDIT: nevermind, i found the original topic...as well as references to it on the web

You can tell BamaPerry has a bammer education. He apparently can't even get close to spelling Mao Tesung's name right. He also posts a picture apparently saying we got some communist backed trophy. The problem is that he has CCCP on the trophy...a country that does not exist anymore.

Might want to brush up on the world history there bro.

Do a Wiki search for what ranger12 calls "Mao Tesung", and you get a blank page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Searc...=mozilla-search

The correct spelling is "Zedong." Lemme guess. . . that's an AUM education? ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mao_Zedong

OMG, Bamaperry just quoted Phillp Casteel!!!!!

I think he alone just dropped the average IQ of this site 50 points.

I never thought I would see the the day that someone would try and quote hairlip Phillip Casteel on my site. I mean the poor old boy lives in a shack with out door plumbing. It was all his wife could afford to give him. ;)

Maybe we can get PC Bama to give us a "Moooo, AU usually bets us" from the one and only PCBama.

Besides Perry, where in Decatur do you live?

Do a Wiki search for what ranger12 calls "Mao Tesung", and you get a blank page.

Wow, my World History Book has Mao Tesung. Actually it is spelled several different ways because of the different way it can be translated, but it is never spelled the way that BamaPerry spelled it. Also, using Wikipedia does not give anything credibility because anybody can add info. That is way colleges tell their students to not use it as a resource, because info can be and has been wrong on wikipedia. Many people make the mistake that it is reliable source like a published encyclopedia. I just passed World History II with an "A" this semester. :big: Good try at trying to correct me though. Better luck next time.

;)Link

A third problem arises with the translation of names, especially into written language. It is little understood that there is no universally agreed upon translation of Chinese writing into written English. Existing translations are a phonetic rendering of the spoken word into alphabetic English. Variations dialect occur, as well as variations of the correct phonetic rendering of sounds. Therefore I have seen the former leader of the Peoples Republic of China called Mao T’Sung, Mao Tesung, Mao Tezung and Mao Zedong. I have been assured there is no mistake with any of these!

Wow, my World History Book has Mao Tesung. Actually it is spelled several different ways because of the different way it can be translated, but it is never spelled the way that BamaPerry spelled it. Also, using Wikipedia does not give anything credibility because anybody can add info. That is way colleges tell their students to not use it as a resource, because info can be and has been wrong on wikipedia. Many people make the mistake that it is reliable source like a published encyclopedia. I just passed World History II with an "A" this semester. :big: Good try at trying to correct me though. Better luck next time.

;)Link

A third problem arises with the translation of names, especially into written language. It is little understood that there is no universally agreed upon translation of Chinese writing into written English. Existing translations are a phonetic rendering of the spoken word into alphabetic English. Variations dialect occur, as well as variations of the correct phonetic rendering of sounds. Therefore I have seen the former leader of the Peoples Republic of China called Mao T’Sung, Mao Tesung, Mao Tezung and Mao Zedong. I have been assured there is no mistake with any of these!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4967077

;)Link

I knew that. :P

Now I see where you screwed up BP...you used NPR as a source of your info. My 8 year old son knows more then they do. First time I have ever seen it spelled that way from any type of educational resource, but leave it to NPR to be different and not use the three most widely used spellings.

What about your use of CCCP? Explain that one to me. Look, quit falling asleep in your 10th grade World History Class. That way you may actually learn of the communist governments that no longer exist.

Now I see where you screwed up BP...you used NPR as a source of your info. My 8 year old son knows more then they do. First time I have ever seen it spelled that way from any type of educational resource, but leave it to NPR to be different and not use the three most widely used spellings.

What about your use of CCCP? Explain that one to me. Look, quit falling asleep in your 10th grade World History Class. That way you may actually learn of the communist governments that no longer exist.

You can google it and find others that spell it that way. The only people that offered to give AU a Title that year were Soviet Communists with leftover hardware from the '72 Olympic games. Don't shoot the messenger! :no:

... The only people that offered to give AU a Title that year were Soviet Communists with leftover hardware from the '72 Olympic games. Don't shoot the messenger! :no:

Newsflash for you, bammie -- AU won the SEC title in 2004. Also, in going 13-0 they earned it on the field and earned the right to claim a National Championship. Ask any of the teams they played that year. If they are honest, they will tell you that AU flat out stomped mudholes in them. (e.g. ask the Vols, they got stomped twice.)

Just for fun BP...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE

Looks like someone had a little too much egg nog today. ;)

Yeah...Troy beat Rice. Give em the MNC.

Hey, Troy looked good! Sounds like jealousy to me.

Yeah, Troy scored 4 TD's from within the red zone. I don't think :ua: had that many the entire season.

Auburn has more right to a 2004 NC than Bama has to HALF of theirs.

Care to provide a link for that NC in 2004? I can atleast provide one for half of ours

Care to provide a link for that NC in 2004? I can atleast provide one for half of ours

Actually, if you want to be that way and get technical about it, any link you provide for any UAT NC would be bs. The NCAA has never had a Div-1 NC in college football.

OK...here you go... certainly more credible than more than half of uats.... at least the people/organization that awarded it actually existed in the year that we won it....

Link

FWIW, the generally accepted spelling in the West as Mao Tse-tung. Of course bammers wouldn't know that since most of UAT's history books contain little more than stuff about bama's MNCs. :)

bamaperry......Living proof that Mothers should NEVER let their children "play" with sheep.

Archived