$aban was the guy all along

CircleDrill

This is the catch phrase of the year. "$aban was the guy all along." Right up there with "Tradition" and "12 National Championships."

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Yeah...Alabama sucks...Nick $aban was our third choice.

You're half right. $aban was your 8th choice. Remember, it went something like Spurrier, $aban, Petrino, Spurrier, Rodreguiz, Nutt, Spurrier, $aban.

i don't understand this whole thing.....

we were idiots for hiring CMS

we were idiots for keeping CMS because he can't win

we were idiots for firing CMS

CNS will never come to bama (which i believed myself really)

we were idiots for going after CRR

we were idiots for getting Rodriguezed (this is true)

now we are idiots for hiring CNS

i'm not sure that we can do anything right according to yall

:no:

Nice try to all the Alabama fans in this thread to spin it.

The truth is, $aban WAS NOT the guy all along. Just because he came later in the process, yet is a better hire than Rodriguez doesn't change the fact that he was later in the process. Stop lying and just say "we got a good coach" instead of the "$aban was the guy all along" BS.

Check your$elf. I don't believe anybody on here i$ $aying y'all are idiot$ for hiring $aban. It'$ the whole proce$$ that ha$ been idiotic. Whether $aban i$ the right man i$ yet to be determined. The point of circledrill's post is that 80% of the bama fanbase will be ignoring the offer to $purrier and Rodriguez and $aying that $aban wa$ the fir$t choice all along.

Can we get a :ua: smily that spins??

As of 1/3/2007................$aban BETTER be the guy. Or his coaching days are begining to fade.

He has signed his death warrant to his NFL coaching days. So, for his sake, he had better get something done.......or retire :)

One of the happiest days of my life, too. Bring $aban on. When things don't magically improve and Bama isn't "back" like you think, what will the excuse be then? That's right, there won't be one.

No more excuses, bammers. Be careful what you wish for. Be careful what you celebrate. It's time to face reality.

One of the happiest days of my life, too. Bring $aban on. When things don't magically improve and Bama isn't "back" like you think, what will the excuse be then? That's right, there won't be one.

No more excuses, bammers. Be careful what you wish for. Be careful what you celebrate. It's time to face reality.

Youre right...this is MUCH worse than us keeping Shula.

Yeah, you pretty much got it!

Yeah...Alabama sucks...Nick $aban was our third choice.

$$$ does not equal competitiveness. have fun losing with a new coach to throw bricks at!

Check your$elf. I don't believe anybody on here i$ $aying y'all are idiot$ for hiring $aban. It'$ the whole proce$$ that ha$ been idiotic. Whether $aban i$ the right man i$ yet to be determined. The point of circledrill's post is that 80% of the bama fanbase will be ignoring the offer to $purrier and Rodriguez and $aying that $aban wa$ the fir$t choice all along.

Can we get a :ua: smily that spins??

who is ignoring it? i haven't heard anyone here deny that we tried to get those coaches. i'm sure CNS was at the very top of a wish list, but probably at the very bottom of the "probably can hire" list. i would have never thought no way in hell that CNS would be at bama, no way at all. ever. i am happy that we got a good coach, but i don't see why we would deny that we offered other coaches also? we did.

Well it's time to get one of those "Got Nick?" t-shirts. I'll give it 4 years until its thrown out with the "Got Stallings?", "Got Dubose?", "Got Fran?", "Got Price?" and "Got Shula?" ones. Nick has no clue what he's in for.

I guess we'll hear "Shula left the cupboard bare" excuses for the next couple of years then the (yellow) hammer falls on Nick.

Archived