Thats right voters, keep over ranking ND

BamaGrad03

Im so sick of the freaking losers who overrate ND every freaking year. These guys do NOTHING to deserve these 25 million dollar payouts in bowl games.

They constantly get punked (see 9 losses in a row)...because they are being paired up against teams that are deserving of their ranking.

Since Charlie has gotten there, they have beaten TWO teams that finished in the top 25...michigan finished 20 and ucla 25th.

What a joke. Pollsters wake up...NDs ranking is an embarassment.

Tonight, there can be no more questions about ND's ascention to the position of the most over-rated team in the history of football.

It is a real shame that their pathetic excuse for a football team kept another, more deserving team out of the Sugar Bowl.

...i feel you dog, but nd practically has nothing to do with football anymore. nd has transended into a product that brings tv ratings, which sells commercials. like em, love em, hate em. there the only football team that can sale.

My pathetic ND graduate partner met me in the office with hog ears on after :arky: beat :au: -Tomorrow I am geting there early with LSU shirt and hat-- :cheer:

...i feel you dog, but nd practically has nothing to do with football anymore. nd has transended into a product that brings tv ratings, which sells commercials. like em, love em, hate em. there the only football team that can sale.

Which is exactly why we need a playoff. So it's about the game, and not about money and TV markets.

My pathetic ND graduate partner met me in the office with hog ears on after :arky: beat :au: -Tomorrow I am geting there early with LSU shirt and hat-- :cheer:

treat him to lunch also - - - -

corndogs :)

notre dame got the sugar bowl for beating one ranked team, georgia tech tied at 25th.

last fiesta bowl, they gave up a notre dame record for yards.

this year, they gave up career records for russell and lsu.

they have zero business being in these bowls, they haven't won a bowl since 1994 (sounds worse then 8 in a row, huh?), and as the corndog nation chanted "overrated"

i'm sure this win will be spun into a great win in lsu history like the lame duck hurricanes last year. worse team, better bowl this year.

notre dame lost by 73 in their 3 losses. blowouts. all of them. the greatest team ever when coming back at home vs. ucla.

Which is exactly why we need a playoff. So it's about the game, and not about money and TV markets.

...i totally agree.

notre dame got the sugar bowl for beating one ranked team, georgia tech tied at 25th.

last fiesta bowl, they gave up a notre dame record for yards.

this year, they gave up career records for russell and lsu.

they have zero business being in these bowls, they haven't won a bowl since 1994 (sounds worse then 8 in a row, huh?), and as the corndog nation chanted "overrated"

i'm sure this win will be spun into a great win in lsu history like the lame duck hurricanes last year. worse team, better bowl this year.

notre dame lost by 73 in their 3 losses. blowouts. all of them. the greatest team ever when coming back at home vs. ucla.

Anyone see Robert Smith on ESPN- He was pointing out how ND gets over matched every year in bowl games and thats why the streak keeps going. He said they had no business being in the game judging by their close calls against weak teams and blowouts and threw in Rutgers as a team that might should have been in. Also added that ND is usually overrated. Its nice to see theyve actually do have some reasonable "experts."

We better get used to it. The current BCS contract doesn't expire till 2011. So most likely, no playoff talk until then and Notre Dame will continue to be exposed.

We better get used to it. The current BCS contract doesn't expire till 2011. So most likely, no playoff talk until then and Notre Dame will continue to be exposed.

That BCS contract is with the bowls, not with the NCAA. If the NCAA decides to finally sanction a Div-1A playoff, then there is nothing the BCS can do about it as far as I know. The BCS and the bowls can still play, they will just have to do it with teams not in the playoffs.

The BCS is actually not an entity, but an event agreed upon between 11 conferences and Notre Dame. It also involves the television contract with Fox and ABC has the Rose Bowl every year. The NCAA kind of oversees it, but that is as far as it goes. If the NCAA and the conferences agree to finally have a playoff system, then the only contract issue with the BCS would be the television contracts. But, that could be easily remedied by giving the network with the current binding contract the rights to air the playoff games.

That BCS contract is with the bowls, not with the NCAA. If the NCAA decides to finally sanction a Div-1A playoff, then there is nothing the BCS can do about it as far as I know. The BCS and the bowls can still play, they will just have to do it with teams not in the playoffs.

Oh ok, guess I overlooked that in terms of when a playoff can actually be put into place. :thumbsup:

Im so sick of the freaking losers who overrate ND every freaking year. These guys do NOTHING to deserve these 25 million dollar payouts in bowl games.

They constantly get punked (see 9 losses in a row)...because they are being paired up against teams that are deserving of their ranking.

Since Charlie has gotten there, they have beaten TWO teams that finished in the top 25...michigan finished 20 and ucla 25th.

What a joke. Pollsters wake up...NDs ranking is an embarassment.

BG, I agree, the national media constantly over ranks ND.

I also want to point out that ND has finally broken BEAR BRYANTS BOWL LOSING RECORD......

Irony, its sssooo..........ironic...... :roflol::roflol::roflol:

I will also ad that I would take J. Russell over Brady Quinn any day. Every time Mr. Quinn plays a better than average defense he gets beat.

Didn't the commentators make you sick last night? They kept talking about how great Brady Quinn was, how ND had the most wonderful defense and offense, they believed ND would blow out LSU, everybody but Terry Bradshaw. TB thought that Jamarcus should go pro this year. I wish, I wish. I want him gone! He is definitely good enough to go pro, and probably good enough to play right away. And I don't want Auburn to have to face him again. The rest of the LSU team is enough.

Georgia Tech should have beaten ND too....if they had gotten their heads out of their asses and just kept throwing it to CJ....they beat ND easily

Ugh

Archived