Congressman William Jefferson receives standing ovation during CBC ceremonies

Tiger in Spain

Definitive proof that racial solidarity will trump clear thought and wise decision making every time.

Congressional Black Caucus gives Jefferson standing ovation

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- On the same day that the 110th Democratic-led Congress convenes with a plan to immediately pass lobbyist and ethics reforms, the Congressional Black Caucus Thursday gave a standing ovation to Rep. William Jefferson, the Louisiana Democrat who faces an FBI probe into bribery allegations.

"The haters... and negative nabobs...the people who spoke against him couldn't prevail against the people who spoke for him," Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, master of ceremonies for the CBC's celebratory event, said Thursday morning.

Incoming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-California, led the charge to remove Jefferson from the House Ways and Means Committee last spring and has said she will not consider reinstating him to the powerful post until he is cleared of all allegations.

The FBI is currently conducting an investigation that alleges Jefferson accepted $100,000 from a telecommunications businessman -- $90,000 of which was later recovered in the congressman's freezer.

Link

"The haters... and negative nabobs...the people who spoke against him ....

So, it's now called 'hating' for wanting your congressmen to be free from coruption?

So, it's now called 'hating' for wanting your congressmen to be free from coruption?

Don't hate. Participate.

Twinkle twinkle baby.

Don't hate. Participate.

Twinkle twinkle baby.

Hard to participate when folks like Jefferson aren' t in our distirct. Twinkle, Twinkle ? I have no clue what that's suppose to mean. But I do find it curious that so many black Americans condone illegal behavior from their elected officials, and keep voting their criminals back in office.

Don't hate. Participate.

Twinkle twinkle baby.

Hard to participate when folks like Jefferson aren' t in our distirct. Twinkle, Twinkle ? I have no clue what that's suppose to mean. But I do find it curious that so many black Americans condone illegal behavior from their elected officials, and keep voting their criminals back in office.

Movie quote, Vince Vaughn.

Oh, didn't see it. Don't see what it has to do w/ the Dems applauding a felon either. <_<

Oh, didn't see it. Don't see what it has to do w/ the Dems applauding a felon either. <_<

Its also something a corrupt Democrat congressman (sorry for the redundancy) would say to a "hater".

You should check into Tennessee and Memphis politics. This type of action is a regular occurance there. Last time I was up there, their corrupt and crazy mayor who's run the city into the dirt was preparing to fight Joe Frasier instead of governing.

Its also something a corrupt Democrat congressman (sorry for the redundancy) would say to a "hater".

You should check into Tennessee and Memphis politics. This type of action is a regular occurance there. Last time I was up there, their corrupt and crazy mayor who's run the city into the dirt was preparing to fight Joe Frasier instead of governing.

It just ticks me off. We're told how important it is to vote, and that we fought all these wars and all those soldiers died so we could vote for our leaders, and then groups like the Black Caucus make these positions of elected offices such complete jokes as they run rough shod over the law. When the smallest effort to clean up these thugs gets any attention, they bring out the race card and call real citizens 'haters'. Well F them, they're the ones who broke the law in the 1st place. Who the hell are they to call anyone 'haters' ? Hell yeah, we hate that ****. It's making a mockery of our entire political system. Pisses me off, that's all.

How come I never see articles about the White Congressional Caucus?

They are otherwise known as "A Press Release from the Office of Robert Byrd". B)

How come I never see articles about the White Congressional Caucus?

They are otherwise known as "A Press Release from the Office of Robert Byrd". B)

Unfortunately any time anyone brings up something like this, folks want to claim KKK. But what would be wrong with caucasion solidarity? Would that not be the same as black solidarity? And if so, why does it always come back to the KKK? I'm just wondering because it seems as we move along towards protecting every minority in the US, we move away from true equality.

Archived