Anybody read this on ESPN Page 2

AU_tiger_2000

Here is the link to the Tuesday Morning QB article.

Here is the relevant portion.

TMQ's law of job-hopping coaches holds: When you hire a coach who's only in it for himself, you get a coach who's only in it for himself. Of all schools, Alabama should know this. In 2002, the Tide hired Mike Price away from Washington State, even as Washington State was preparing for a bowl game. That is, Alabama hired the kind of person who would walk out on his previous commitments. We all remember the fiasco that followed. Now Alabama has signed Nick Saban away from Miami, Saban walking out on his Miami commitments just two years after arriving, and just two weeks after publicly vowing he would not leave. Hall of Famer Don Shula called Saban a "liar" and a "quitter," and that was sugarcoating it! Saban walked out on LSU, then walked out on the Dolphins – once again the Tide places the mantle of Bear Bryant upon the kind of person who does not honor his commitments. What would the Bear, a man of honor, think to know the University of Alabama now hires the kind of people who break promises? TMQ predicts another Alabama fiasco. Potential Alabama recruits, bear in mind: If Saban repeatedly lied at Miami, what makes you think he will hesitate to lie to you? At least in hiring a coach who doesn't keep his word, Alabama gets someone who is a perfect fit for its program.

Saban repeatedly lied about interest in the Alabama job even as his agent was negotiating with the school. And sorry Jason Taylor, "everybody does it" does not justify such deceit. Coaches in big-deal sports are paid huge sums of money in a world of poverty and want, and one rationalization for their pay is that they are supposed to set good examples for the young. What kind of example did Saban set by repeatedly lying in public? At the news conferences where he lied, Saban belittled reporters who tried to call him out. As former Dolphins coach Jimmy Johnson noted, only people of low character belittle those who earn substantially less than they do. Little Nicky has a longstanding reputation of being nasty to secretaries, office assistants and others beneath his station – he's the coaching equivalent of the Meryl Streep character in "The Devil Wears Prada." And Saban was classless with his assistants. He used a speakerphone call to tell the assistant coaches he was walking out on them, lacking the courtesy, or the guts, to look them in their eyes. (Alternatively, maybe Saban feared telling his assistants in person and seeing their expressions of delight.) He informed his players he was walking out on them via e-mail. Something to think about, potential Alabama recruits – if Nick Saban decides it serves his purposes to screw you, he won't even have the manliness to say it to your face. But check your e-mail!

Ouch!!! :roflol:

At least in hiring a coach who doesn't keep his word, Alabama gets someone who is a perfect fit for its program.

Zing!

Ouch, that hurts. Too bad it's true. Or actually, not bad at all... for us.

"He informed his players he was walking out on them via e-mail. Something to think about, potential Alabama recruits – if Nick Saban decides it serves his purposes to screw you, he won't even have the manliness to say it to your face. But check your e-mail!"

Wasn't the fact that Dennis Francione left Bama without telling his players that he was leaving one of the problems that Bama fans still have with him? Is an email that much better?

I was wondering when someone else would point out this email goodbye. I think it's just terrible.

"He informed his players he was walking out on them via e-mail. Something to think about, potential Alabama recruits – if Nick Saban decides it serves his purposes to screw you, he won't even have the manliness to say it to your face. But check your e-mail!"

Wasn't the fact that Dennis Francione left Bama without telling his players that he was leaving one of the problems that Bama fans still have with him? Is an email that much better?

I was wondering when someone else would point out this email goodbye. I think it's just terrible.

If I ever leave the forum I'll be sure to text you guys. 'Cause that's the kind of classy guy I am.

Hmm its been near 12 hours and still no resident bammer saying "he is a bama hater always has been, just looks for ways to kick bama". . . i am a little ashamed at you guys.

Hmm its been near 12 hours and still no resident bammer saying "he is a bama hater always has been, just looks for ways to kick bama". . . i am a little ashamed at you guys.

nah, thats what yall are for.....calling someone an auburn hater and an idiot when they something the slightest bit negative about AU then when he says something good about AU later on, he's a genius!! :poke: seen it happen time and time again here, at least some anyways, not all of course.

but honestly, i'm at the point of where if the media wants to slam us, then let them. everyone is entitled to their opinion, i could care less. like alot of folks on here have said, if he comes out and the team is just lights out all season long, then all of this will be forgotten. so whats the point? my opinion on this board sure isn't going to change anything.....i'm just happy to finally have a good coach. and as far as don shula's comments, you can /dev/null those imho. apparently his memory isn't what it used to be and doesn't remember walking out on the Colts to go to Miami with 5 years left on his contract. this also got a tampering charge against Miami and they lost their #1 draft choice to the Colts as a penalty. but hey, i guess thats ok for him.

nah, thats what yall are for.....calling someone an auburn hater and an idiot when they something the slightest bit negative about AU then when he says something good about AU later on, he's a genius!! :poke: seen it happen time and time again here, at least some anyways, not all of course.

Seen it happen time and time again huh? Please give us an example, because I really want to know when this happens so I can keep an eye out for it. :rolleyes:

The only time you have seen us slam anybody, especially time and time again, for saying something negative about AU is when that is all the person seems to do, time and time again. If a person claimed to be a UAT fan, but all they seemed to you to do was be negative towards UAT and never say anything positive, are you telling me you would not call them out on that? You would be a liar if you said you would not.

Archived