Who would you like to see

AFTiger

Right now my vote is for none of the above. The candidates running now range from the nut cases to the unimpressive. We need better choices. Who would you like to see run that has not announced so far?

Giuliani. He showed true leadership under fire on 9/11, and probably did more to pull NYC out of the mire than anybody.

Also Colin Powell.

I think those two would make a great president & vice president ticket and it wouldn't matter which was first on the list.

and McGuyver as VP. Unless he wants his Texas Ranger side kick of course.

In all seriousness, I think Guiliani, because I think he would sway a lot of moderate democrats and actually win the election. I fear what a democrat president and democratic congress would do together. The last thing I need at this point in my life is socialized medicine. I think the republicans will have a boost in that if the democrats with their new brazen confidence from the last election, nominate someone more liberal like Hillary, they will push some moderates to the republican ticket. I think most of us see Hillary's attempts to be moderate as a farce.

I like Giuliani because I've seen what he can do in a tough (what an understatement) time. He appears to be politically moderate and I also think that would be good for the nation right now. I also like McCain because of the backbone he showed during his days in the military. Wesley Clark is another stand-up guy that I'd like to see as President. If we got one of these three, I'd feel pretty good for the following 4 years.

Some of the candidates on the Democratic side are just kinda "blah" with me right now. I don't know enough about the IA Governor Tom Vilsack to draw a line in the sand either way. Obama appears to be a good guy, but he's another one I just don't know enough about. John Edwards is tolerable, but will likely be seen as used goods by the majority of people.

I dislike Clinton and Gingrich to the point of assuring me of either A- voting for their opponent or B- obstaining from casting a vote. Kerry is dangerously close to becoming a member of that camp. He's got one foot over the line, in fact.

Me and Tiger Al!

That's a better ticket than Hillary and/or Obama. Plus you're AU people, so you've got that going for you.

As for a candidate... I can't believe no one's said this yet. I'm going to, and I apologize to those who's heads explode.

:cheer: Sean Hannity! :cheer:

Me and Tiger Al!

That's a better ticket than Hillary and/or Obama. Plus you're AU people, so you've got that going for you.

As for a candidate... I can't believe no one's said this yet. I'm going to, and I apologize to those who's heads explode.

Right-wing hate monger! :poke:

Me and Tiger Al!

How can you say that about such a lovable fuzzball?

Me and Tiger Al!

How can you say that about such a lovable fuzzball?

Wookie is a lovable fuzzball. Hannity is a disgusting slimeball.

Me and Tiger Al!

Colmes fan! :moon:

Me and Tiger Al!

Colmes fan! :moon:

I don't know any colmes fans.

If otter would run, I would volunteer for the VP position.

Why thank you, DKW. High praise indeed.

I doubt that I would get elected, however, because I would piss off every major constituency in America. To wit:

1. Privatize Social Security, with emphasis on individual savings/investment plans (There goes the liberals)

2. Eliminate the Medicaid Prescription Plan (There goes the AARP), instead changing it to a needs based program.

3. Implement the Fair Tax Amendment (There goes the Accountants)

4. Legalize Narcotics (There goes the neo-conservatives), controlling distribution and sale much the same way as alcohol and tobacco are controlled today

5. Develop a crash program to wean ourselves off fossil fuel. (There goes Big Oil)

6. Allow Charter Schools as a short-term measure (There goes the teachers)

7. Completely overhaul education, so that advancement through the system is based on mastery of skills, not by how many days a student spends in a classroom. Also implement vocational training at age 16 for those students who are not on a college-prep track. That means a lot more 14-year-olds in college and a lot less emphasis on busywork in the classroom (That should drive teachers absolutely berserk)

8. Completely overhaul Medicare and Medicaid to reward efficiency and effectiveness of care (There go the pharmaceutical companies and the AMA)

9. Shut down the border with Mexico, instead implementing a Guest Worker program (That should drive both Hispanics and exploitive industries such as meat packing up the proverbial wall)

10. Provide massive tax incentives to industries for R&D (The NPR Totebag crowd will hate it)

11. Massive incentives for the privatization of the space program (The NASA bureaucracy will hate it, along with their pals at Boeing and Rockwell, et al.)

Now, in my second year in office....

Me and Tiger Al!

Tiger Al is supporting Howard Dean; TT you will have to find another running mate, I nominate Bottomfeeder...

Archived