saban's thoughts on lsu fans

bellefay1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this guy actually think we care about what he thinks? I hate Saban even came out and adressed this non-issue.

Actually, that may even be the larger issue now. "Saban listens to the media." Oh boy, not a good position to be in right now for a coach that has not even settled in yet knowing that every move he makes from now on will already be scrutinized to the Nth degree. Now he lets everyone know that he cares what's going on in the media...right in the heat of recruiting season...just after coming back from Louisiana... :no:

I really hate that for him. :roflol:

To everyone who thinks this is an insult....pullleaseee, give me a break.

Calling someone a Coonass is such a non-insult for most down here that it is common for the ones who really do talk like a lower St. Bernard/New Ibera Cajun.

That clip was hilarious....

To everyone who thinks this is an insult....pullleaseee, give me a break.

Calling someone a Coonass is such a non-insult for most down here that it is common for the ones who really do talk like a lower St. Bernard/New Ibera Cajun.

That clip was hilarious....

You're not helping!!! :angry:

A new addition to the Wikipedia article on "Coonass"

In 2007, University of Alabama head coach Nick Saban used the term, which was caught on tape, in referring to a Louisiana State University fan. He was widely criticized for his use of the term.

Man, they're fast.

This is starting to become a bigger issue. It is being talked about on ESPN and one of the guys on there said that if it was any other coach or school, that coach would have been fired for those remarks.

This is starting to become a bigger issue. It is being talked about on ESPN and one of the guys on there said that if it was any other coach or school, that coach would have been fired for those remarks.

ESPN and their overflowing credibility...

Fired? WTF!

Coonass. Coonass. Coonass. There's nothing wrong with that term. Geez.

ESPN and their overflowing credibility...

Fired? WTF!

Coonass. Coonass. Coonass. There's nothing wrong with that term. Geez.

Personally I don't care and don't really think what he said is that bad, however I do hope everything that can go horribly wrong for uat does, so consider that many of your media types looking for a story may not feel so apathetic about his comments, at least that's how I hope it plays out. Needless to say this isn't going to look good for Saban and I hope you turd fans can handle it with a little bit of class so the whole state doesn't come off looking backwards as hell as it frequently does.

I think his statement on this is what is bringing on all the heat. He didn't apologize or take any of the blame for it.

Along with the "Old Man in Miami's" stroke with the media. ;)

Add to the fact that he said it behind closed doors... it wasn't a Paul Hornung incident in any way.

I guess the little chump that was recording him will be collecting unemployment today.

Add to the fact that he said it behind closed doors... it wasn't a Paul Hornung incident in any way.

I guess the little chump that was recording him will be collecting unemployment today.

You honestly believe that there is a difference because Saban said it behind closed doors? It's "OK" as long as it's not in the open? The little "chump" as you call him should be given a medal for exposing Saban and obviously yourself as racist.

What does that even mean?

Blow the whistle on Alabama and the corrupt dark forces in this state will see that you become unemployed?

Your reaching on that one, Win.

I think his statement on this is what is bringing on all the heat. He didn't apologize or take any of the blame for it.

Along with the "Old Man in Miami's" stroke with the media. ;)

This just backs up my statement.

Link

Intimidated? Hell yes, I was intimidated. That's like asking if Peyton Manning talks lak this.

The simple truth is that I was scared stiff of a 77-year-old grandfather who, in the first five minutes of our conversation, nodded toward one of the TV screens in the hotel bearing his name and said, "I have one of those."

One of those was an ab exercise machine, the kind you order at 2 a.m. after watching a 30-minute infomercial hosted by one of the Brady Bunch kids. But, hey, if the king of Miami wants to do stomach crunches on some medieval-looking Ab-ercizer, then I'm all for it. That's because Don Shula is football cool -- and that was long before he blowtorched six-faced Nick Saban all the way from here to Tuscaloosa.

Coonass is not a deragatory comment. It is not related to calling a black person a "coon". This is a VERY VERY silly controversy. Only people ignorant of the term are making a big deal out of this.

Coonass is not a deragatory comment. It is not related to calling a black person a "coon". This is a VERY VERY silly controversy. Only people ignorant of the term are making a big deal out of this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coonass

Others attribute the term to the racial slur "coon," used in reference to African-Americans  thus implying that Cajuns are lower than African-Americans in social standing.

You guys need to do a search for the term "coonass" on this very board...put down the rocks...and realize you live in a glass house.

I can't and won't speak for others, but try that same search and then select my user name and see if you get any results prior to this whole Saban thing.

Archived