Scheduling an interview with the University

AUfan88

I am a senior high school right now and was deferred admission to Auburn when I sent my application back in August. I want to know if anyone has any suggestions on the best way for me to possibly setup an interview regarding my admission to Auburn.

The only thing I can think to do is either contact the admissions office (duh) or contact someone within the college that you applied and see if they will interview you. If you can make a good impression on a department advisor or someone similar, I would think that goes a long way when the University makes its decision.

Yeah, obviously I should contact the admissions office. I'm just trying to figure out who exactly I should try and contact. I think I am going to contact the admissions office tomorrow. If this situation doesn't work out, I'll probably go to UAB next year and transfer after my freshman year or go to Birmingham-Southern. Either way, I think all of this will work out as long as I keep working hard and improving myself like I have been(solid G.P.A. for this past semester and a 25 on the ACT last year).

My highschool academic career was less than stellar and after coming out of the military I actually went and had a sit down with one of the admissions people. I got in under probation for my first quarter. Maybe they still do that? If not you could always go to Southern Union for a semester or two and then transfer over. They run their core courses pretty closely to Auburn's. (plus you are already down there)

Yeah, I had a lot of friends who went the Southern Union route as well. You get the same core classes and the hours should transfer easily to Auburn. You also get the benefit of living in Auburn. Something to think about.

If not you could always go to Southern Union for a semester or two and then transfer over. They run their core courses pretty closely to Auburn's. (plus you are already down there)

If you look at the STARS Guide can pick your major and it will tell you the classes to take at a two year school that will transfer to Auburn. They have to accept these classes, as this is considered a binding agreement between the schools. You can bang out your core stuff like English, Sciences (biology, chemistry, or physical science) and Math stuff here where its $90 a semester hour instead of what Auburn gets.

I believe the STARS guide works for UAB to Auburn transfers too.

/student at SUSCC

//employee at SUSCC.

Archived