Some insight into the character of Chad Scott

BamaGrad03

You know, the Auburn fan who spent two weeks calling Alabama fans (all alabama fans) idiots and liars and cheaters...then instead of taking the crow when we hired saban...absolutely lashed out against us?

And then, there are the emails. Ahh yes the offensive, and terrible emails. While some of them can probably be taken for face value, I've read numerous accounts of where people sent in emails in response to his column...and then saw something COMPLETELY different in the "email" snippet that was posted publicly on his site with their email address attached to it.

Apparently he removed the parts of the emails that didnt fit his story. And he pieced sentences together to come up with things different from the original note. Merely to serve his agenda.

Sorry guys, but this dude is an embarassment to journalism. First, to go on a LOCAL radio show and absolutely BLAST Alabama fans, lacks journalistic integrity. Then he should have just let it go when he got served by the hiring of Nick Saban. But to piece emails together to make people look bad...thats all class baby.

I'm not saying all the emails weren't bad. But apparently he didn't have enough that were if he had use creative editing to get some of those to serve his agenda. And then the dude put those people's email addresses out there for everyone to see. Some of these guys are talking about how they are getting blasted by fellow Bama fans in their inbox...Even though the message posted by Chad and attributed to the original emailer, looked NOTHING like the one originally sent.

Having been the recipient of numerous angry emails from Bama and NASCAR fans in the past I'm calling TOTAL BS on your entire post. I have absolutely no doubt, no doubt whatsoever, that the emails he printed were 100% accurate in their content and were not edited. What you have is a bunch of idiots who had no idea that their email addresses would be posted and are now embarassed by their silly ass responses.

HAH...just go to AL.com and read some of their crap. :no:

:au::homer:

I don't have a dog in the fight but I wouldn't doubt the guy made up emails. He sounds and writes like an attention whore. Putting nasty emails and mocking them and then posting it around the net is an easy way to get some attention.

I would have written him a nasty email if he wrote things about UGA that he did about Bama and I am sure many on here would have to if he said those things about AU.

Chadd Scott and I were in school at the same time. I knew him a little bit from class and from working together some. I wouldn't say that he is an "Auburn fan." He went to school there. He may like the area. He may like the girls. He may like the weather. He never seemed like a "fan" to me, though.

SLINK may be closer than anyone here. I doubt that he doctored the emails. But, if he did, it wouldn't have been because he's an Auburn fan. I think it would be because he likes to be in the middle of the controversy. Afterall, he is in sports media.

Here's another point: You don't have to be an Auburn fan to dislike and wish ill on Alabama. Just ask any :lsu: , :om: , :uga: , :ut: , :msu: , or :arky: fan.

Southlink,

There's a difference between telling him you think he's a moron and that he should get his facts straight before he goes off on a rant about your school. It's another thing altogether to say things like "I hope you die" or "I hope your wife dies."

I would tell him what I thought if he went off on AU like that, but I'd manage to retain some semblance of class and dignity in the process. These people are disturbed.

Because he spent an afternoon on WJOX calling Alabama fans idiot rednecks for thinking they could ever land Nick Saban. He went on this ridiculous tirade about how stupid we were...

i gotta say the odds were in his favor thinking this. $aban had stated multiple times he wasn't interested...

who knew bama was going to offer $32 million? that much $$ in that amount of time could make James Carville a Republican strategist.

It's easy money for $aban. He'll undoubtedly do better than Shula...regardless of whether he wins a SECC or MNC...

i gotta say the odds were in his favor thinking this. $aban had stated multiple times he wasn't interested...

who knew bama was going to offer $32 million? that much $$ in that amount of time could make James Carville a Republican strategist.

It's easy money for $aban. He'll undoubtedly do better than Shula...regardless of whether he wins a SECC or MNC...

It wasn't that he didn't think we could land Saban. i didn't think we could land saban. It was him teeing off on Alabama fans for a straight hour that I didnt appreciate. The reasons he gave for us thinking we COULD land Saban were downright insulting.

It wasn't that he didn't think we could land Saban. i didn't think we could land saban. It was him teeing off on Alabama fans for a straight hour that I didnt appreciate. The reasons he gave for us thinking we COULD land Saban were downright insulting.

Ahhh, but were they true? Sometimes the truth is a bitter pill.

As some of you know:

I did write emails to these folks.

I even encouraged some of you here on this board to write them.

Heck I even wrote their e-mail admins too.

I even wrote some of their bosses.

Afterall, if the arrogance of these pricks. Who gave them the righ to criticize everyone that doesnt toss Saban's salad like Finebaum. Besides, thinking that writing an email is going to change the mind of even one person in the world on matters concerning the Crimson Tide means you are nuts!

Let me tell you, I got e-mails back from 3 of these fools. The emails I got were almost exactly what you think these mental retards would write. Full of profanity, hate, and venom, and making little to no sense.

BG, do I believe the quotes, yes I do. I got emails back from them too. I fully believe that Scott was correct. Now publishing their email addresses? That was a little over the top. But then again, most of the e-mails bombers dont have the guts to actually sign or use an e-mail with a real address.

They got what they asked for. No blood, no foul.

Archived