Top 5 Most Embarassing Moments in 2006 SEC Football

bigsixfive

Its a little long with a bunch of pictures. Some pretty funny stuff in there. He gets a jab in at most schools.

http://loserwithsocks.wordpress.com/2006/1...tball/#more-169

5. Lou Holtz

4. Arkansas/USC

3. Coach Orgeron

2. SEC Coaches’ Hair/Hat/Stache Styling

1. Alabama

Its a little long with a bunch of pictures. Some pretty funny stuff in there. He gets a jab in at most schools.

http://loserwithsocks.wordpress.com/2006/1...tball/#more-169

5. Lou Holtz

4. Arkansas/USC

3. Coach Orgeron

2. SEC Coaches’ Hair/Hat/Stache Styling

1. Alabama

Actually, that's pretty acurate. :thumbsup:

Let me preface this entry with a caveat. My previous attempts at poorly designed humor are clearly intentional and heavily satirical. Be warned, the remainder of this essay is not funny. Even less funny than the rest of my article.

normal_bama%20hater.jpg

There is an obnoxious country song about Alabama that is sung daily in the various taverns on the school’s strip and in the cubicles of Bama grads all over the country. Everyone knows this song. It does not, however, even begin to ring true to the reality of the current situation in Tuscaloosa. There is nothing sweet about the dark cloud hovering over the Capstone. Neil Young, crackhead Canadian, is the one who got it right:

Alabama, you got the weight on your shoulders, that’s breaking your back.

Your cadillac has got a wheel in the ditch, and a wheel on the track…

What’s going wrong?

In fifteen years, Alabama has gone from atop the SEC hierarchy to our biggest liability. Not since Ears Whitworth have the Bammers been in such a gutter. Where did the slide begin, one might ask? Stallings’ retirement? Mike Dubose? Logan Young, a man actually celebrated in Alabama for his commitment to the Tide? The SI story straight from the mouth of a hooker? Shula’s gold chain? One could debate these questions all day and never find the answer. But one thing’s for sure, and to put it simply, Alabama sucks.

dubosepoke.jpgnormal_bastard%20night%20copy.jpg

A quick recap. Bama played a disgraceful schedule this year and almost missed out on a bowl game. Ed Orgeron outcoached Shula (yes, outcoached) and almost won in Tuscaloosa. Sly Croom outcoached Shula and won in Tuscasloosa. Bama was one play away from finishing last in the West. At the end of the regular season, the state of Alabama football was already beaten and bloodied. There were some bright spots for the year, and Shula was putting together a decent class. Many rational Bammers saw a ray of hope in 2007 and thought that Bama was on the right track, running a relatively clean program under a good and decent man. Oh, the sad yet hilarious irony of it all.

normal_bama.jpg

Everyone knows what has happened since then, and I won’t belabor the point. The latest involves coaching legend Don Shula cracking Bama on national television. It is becoming painful to witness, like watching the nauseatingly fat woman in spandex return for her 5th plate at Barnhill’s Buffet. You watch with a grimace, hoping that she will decide against it, hoping that she will turn back. But when that ninth piece of fried country steak hits the plate, it no longer becomes funny. You are embarrassed for her and for everyone else that is there. This is Alabama football.

deadelephant.jpg

Regardless of what many say, the Bama situation is no longer comical. It is bad for the conference in its entirety, and therefore bad for me and you. The self-described jewel of college football, boasting a record 79 National Championships and 142 SEC titles, has been reduced to nothing more than Mississippi State with a nicer campus. My own beloved Vols supposedly have a bitter rivalry with the Tide, a rivaly steeped in tradition but no recent meaning. At some point, we may all need to ask ourselves a question: should we even invite the fat girl to the party?

:roflol::roflol:

I still want someone to give me a single good reason why Holtz is allowed on the air to be a Gameday person.

It's a disgrace.

Because he's a ND (and bigteleven) homer!!!

:au::homer:

I still want someone to give me a single good reason why Holtz is allowed on the air to be a Gameday person.

It's a disgrace.

He brings in the blue hairs.

He makes everyone else look good.

The self-described jewel of college football, boasting a record 79 National Championships and 142 SEC titles, has been reduced to nothing more than Mississippi State Ole Miss with a nicer campus.

I fixed a typographical error in the article.

But I must say that this little gem from the Coonass article is HILARIOUS.....

Moore went on to say that free coon-skin caps and corndogs were gonna be given to the first 1,000 coonasses that arrived wearing shirts.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Too funny. Read the article about "Bama extends Olive Branch to Cajuns." Mal Moore has declared the uat-LSU game as "Coonass Appreciation Day." :lol::lol:

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Apparently to some in the South, the Pac 10 is not made up of athletes, but rather an amalgamation of ultimate frisbee loving leftists who break from their rigorous pro-gay marriage lobbying schedule to play some football, all the while seeking to recruit Southern youth into their homo mafia.

Hey, could've fooled me. B)

Archived