Saddam Tried to Negotiate with U.S. Captors

Tiger in Spain

AD-DAWR, Iraq (Reuters) - Saddam Hussein offered to negotiate with the U.S. troops who arrested him near his home town, a U.S. officer in the force that captured the former president said Monday.

"He said: 'I'm Saddam Hussein, I'm the president of Iraq and I'm willing to negotiate,"' Major Brian Reed, operations officer for the first brigade of the Fourth Infantry Division, told reporters at the site where Saddam was found Saturday hiding in a hole at a hut.

"The response from soldiers was: 'President Bush sends his regards'." :big:

Reuters

do you think he meant, "hey fellas...i have $750,000 here in US cash... let me go & it's yours"?

his cowardice surprises me.

No, no, no!

What he said was "Here is $11M in US currency if you let me go."

The soldiers and officers then counted it and sure enough there was $11M there with him.......

The soldiers and officers that captured him took him to the General and then said "General, here is the $750K we caught him with. BTW, where is the post office? We have packages we need to send home."

:lol:

And I wouldn't blame them a bit, but I doubt that they would do it.

No, no, no!

What he said was here is $11M in US currency if you let me go. The soldiers counted it and sure enough there was $11M there with him.......

The soldiers and officers that captured him then said "General, here is the $750K we caught him with. BTW, where is the post office? we have packages we need to send home."

:lol:

And I wouldn't blame them a bit, but I doubt that they would do it.

How do I get on their Christmas list? :rolleyes::rolleyes::yes::yes::yes:

AD-DAWR, Iraq (Reuters) - Saddam Hussein offered to negotiate with the U.S. troops who arrested him near his home town, a U.S. officer in the force that captured the former president said Monday.

"He said: 'I'm Saddam Hussein, I'm the president of Iraq and I'm willing to negotiate,"' Major Brian Reed, operations officer for the first brigade of the Fourth Infantry Division, told reporters at the site where Saddam was found Saturday hiding in a hole at a hut.

"The response from soldiers was: 'President Bush sends his regards'."   :big:

Reuters

Hey TiS: perfect response from our guys. Here's another one in response to some graffitti from saddam loyalists:

Long live saddam! {response >} in jail forever!

Link

Archived