i thought y'all would get a kick out of these

bellefay1

the sign about a giraffes butt....thats kinda wrong.

if i were from Mobile, i would be a little upset.

its saying that the homeowners insurance rates down here are as high as a giraffe's ass, and now they're requiring your house to be too. alot of insurers are now saying they will insure your house for a HUGE rate, but they won't even insure it for that huge rate unless you put it on stilts. depends on where you live down here. its a big deal down here right now. my son's mother lives in gulf shores and their wind damage coverage is going up about $5000. anyone south of US HWY 98 in baldwin county is pretty much screwed. thankfully, i live about 3 miles north of 98 B)

It's the truth though. State Farm is in a heap of trouble in Mississippi for screwing over the people in Waveland because of Katrina. The insurance people are claiming that flooding destroyed a majority of the homes down there, even though a lot of them were built on stilts and debris from the houses were found wrapped around the tops of 60 foot tall live oak trees.

its saying that the homeowners insurance rates down here are as high as a giraffe's ass, and now they're requiring your house to be too. alot of insurers are now saying they will insure your house for a HUGE rate, but they won't even insure it for that huge rate unless you put it on stilts. depends on where you live down here. its a big deal down here right now. my son's mother lives in gulf shores and their wind damage coverage is going up about $5000. anyone south of US HWY 98 in baldwin county is pretty much screwed. thankfully, i live about 3 miles north of 98 B)

I didn't know all that, my girlfriend's parents live just south of it in daphne, but she hasn't said anything about their insurance rates going up. And their house hasnt even come close to damage during the hurricanes.

I didn't know all that, my girlfriend's parents live just south of it in daphne, but she hasn't said anything about their insurance rates going up. And their house hasnt even come close to damage during the hurricanes.

98 only runs N/S in daphne. unless you're talking about scenic 98. the dividing line for the insurance companies is the 98 that runs E/W from the foot of the lillian bridge to where it curves north in fairhope/barnwell. but its crazy man, like the businesses on 98 around here are upset. you have some on the south side that are getting screwed and then some 60 ft across the road on the north side who aren't going to have any problems. a little unfair i think, but hey, what do you expect from insurance companies?

Hey, live at the beach, pay the insurance. You know the storm is coming some day.

I have a big problem with insurance subsidies. Those of us that live inland actually pay extra taxes so those that live on the beach can have affordable subsidized insurance. John Stossel did a really ugly show on it once. He owned a huose at the beach and found out about the program after a claim.

As far as State Farm, I quit dealing with them over how they did the folks in S. Florida after Andrew. Cancelled everyone's policies and would write no more. State Farm was then sued and lost bigtime.

98 only runs N/S in daphne. unless you're talking about scenic 98. the dividing line for the insurance companies is the 98 that runs E/W from the foot of the lillian bridge to where it curves north in fairhope/barnwell. but its crazy man, like the businesses on 98 around here are upset. you have some on the south side that are getting screwed and then some 60 ft across the road on the north side who aren't going to have any problems. a little unfair i think, but hey, what do you expect from insurance companies?

Ah, I was thinking of scenic 98... I think (runs E/W past the spanish fort mall and over the bay?) I know what you're talking about now, maybe thats why I haven't heard anything about it. They live a good deal north of fairhope so I assume they're alright.

That looks like the 'Comic Cowboys' -- a group that runs a bunch of parody floats every Mardi Gras day through the downtown area. I think that's their name (it's been 23 years since I lived in Mobile.) Everyone is fair game to them: politics, sports, etc.

Over what? The word "ass?"

to me, its just kinda wrong to poke fun at the people that were affected by the hurricanes.......thats what i meant......not so much that the rates are so high.

Pretty darn funny to me. But I understand the sentiment ECE.

I lived(rented) on Pensacola Bch. during Opal and Ivan. I lost most everyting during those two and paid for my losses out of my own pocket. Got to agree with DKW , you got to pay to play, and honestly sometimes it's not real fair to the mainlanders.

Archived