AU - 5th

UAT - 0 points

Women's NCAA Track & Field Championships

AU - 5th

UAT - 0 points

Baseball

AU beats a good Purdue team 11-0

UAT loses to a 6-6 Nebraska Team 4-3

Maybe UAT gymnastics and softball will save them from a pathetic year for their athletic program.

A great day indeed!

WAR EAGLE!!

Next up, the Men's NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships, and hopefully another National Championship!!

Hate to pile it on.....But....wait, no I don't..... :big:

Well good things keep happening on the plains...Two more tigers are crowned NATIONAL CHAMPIONS at the indoor track and field championships...

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/c-trac.../031107aaa.html

Donald Thomas and Kerron Stewart Win National Titles as Both Auburn Teams Earn Top-Five Finishes at NCAA Indoor Championships

Donald Thomas captured the men's high jump title in dominating fashion, and Kerron Stewart captured her second national title in the 60-meter dash as both Auburn teams finished in the top five of an NCAA Championships for the first time in school history.

March 10, 2007

Final Stats

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - Auburn won two individual national titles and added four All-America honors en route to top-five finishes for both the men and women Saturday at the NCAA Indoor Championships. Donald Thomas was perfect through the high jump competition and was never challenged, while Kerron Stewart came from behind to edge Tennessee's Courtney Champion by .04 seconds in the 60-meter dash to win her second national title in as many days.

The women finished in fifth place with 26 points, while the men finished fifth with 25 points. That accomplishment marks the first time ever that both Auburn teams have placed in the top five at an NCAA Championships.

Including Stewart's 200m title from Friday, Auburn won a total of three individual titles, which is tied for the most in school history at a single indoor or outdoor NCAA Championships. Auburn's All-American list also grew by nine entries from seven athletes this weekend.

"We had a lot of good things happen for us today," Auburn head coach Ralph Spry said. "Donald Thomas and Kerron Stewart gave us big time performances, and we finished in the top five on both sides. We missed trophies by three points on the men's side and two points on the women's, so I'm very happy with the way we performed."

Thomas breezed through the high jump competition, clearing 2.28m (7-5.75) to win the event without faulting and then clearing 2.33m (7-7.75) to tie a facility record. Thomas then attempted to tie the collegiate record at 2.37m (7-9.25) and knocked the bar off on all three attempts.

The 2.33m jump broke Thomas' own school record, which he set at the Diet Pepsi Invitational on Jan. 27. Thomas is now a Division I All-American for the first time after capturing NAIA All-America honors at Lindenwood University last year.

"I came in confident," Thomas said. "I felt deep down inside that no one was going to beat me on a stage this big. I knew I was going to win."

Stewart had to wait more than 24 hours between her 60m prelim and final, but demonstrated no negative effects, posting time of 7.15 to win her second national title. Her time was .01 seconds off of her personal best and the fifth-fastest time in the world this year. She is now an eight-time All-American.

"This is what I trained for," Stewart said. "This is why I practiced every day. The girls in this field are very strong, so I had to stay focused to accomplish what I did."

Michelle Vaughn turned in an excellent performance, earning All-America honors for the second time with her third-place finish in the triple jump. Vaughn jumped 13.21m (43-4.25) to earn six points for the team and help propel the Tigers into a top-five finish.

By virtue of her 11th-place finish in the 60m, Tracy Ann Rowe is also an All-American in that event, despite not qualifying for the finals.

ESPN2 will air a 90-minute tape-delayed broadcast of the NCAA Indoor Championships on Tuesday, March 14 at 1:30 p.m. CT.

Auburn will host the Springtime Invitational to open its 2007 outdoor season on March 24th. The meet will run all day at the Hutsell-Rosen Track behind the Soccer Complex on Lem Morrison Drive.

Baseball Sunday:

Auburn 12 - Purdue 6

Nebraska 6 - UAT 5

Auburn sweeps series over the weekend, the Turds drop 2 of 3.

Where oh where has BamaPerry gone?

Back to whatever rock he crawled out from under. That or they banned him from his local public library.

word is that he flunked the first part of the 6th grade and is bound for summer school...thus he has been confined to his room for the duration of the school year.

Hate to bust up the party, but Bama got into the NIT, we didn't.

Well, that has it's own little does of realism to it...Auburn's program is on the rise. bammer's is on the decline after lofty expectations and now there are calls for the coach's job.

While that may be true, people care as much about the NIT as women's water polo.

Killjoy, don't you have an abcess to drain or something.

Killjoy, don't you have an abcess to drain or something.

Yeah, I think Tyler's got something festering on his butt again.

Link?

I want to rub this in some bammers' faces.

whats funny is, if bama fans were sitting here raving on and on about their swimming/diving championships all of you would be laughing at how pathetic we were. :rolleyes: but hey man, i don't blame you. i mean SOMEONE at AU has to win a NC since the football team can't, right?

That's just not feasible, first bama has to go to the NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships. :P

Glad to clear that up for you. ;)

I hate to bust up your party, but to Bama fans that's like not getting in a tournament at all. The NCAAs are their due, according to them. And, in their heart, and most of them won't admit it, Auburn deserved to get in the NIT, more than SPUAT did.

Guest BoStillKnows

I hate to bust up your party, but to Bama fans that's like not getting in a tournament at all. The NCAAs are their due, according to them. And, in their heart, and most of them won't admit it, Auburn deserved to get in the NIT, more than SPUAT did.

Weren't they ranked numero uno at one point this season? That's an impressive sprint backwards.

Guest BoStillKnows

I think I saw him sitting with the 5th graders on that TV show. He was the guy that was too big for his desk. Nobody wants to pick him because all of the actual kids are smarter.

When they have a 1st grade UAT Tradition category, he may have a shot. I am sure the answer to the first question will be 12. The 2nd will be "Bahr."

Weren't they ranked numero uno at one point this season? That's an impressive sprint backwards.

No..they were as high as #5 I believe, and thats when the fall began....They lost to Notre Dame and the wheels fell off.

Who cares? I forgot we were even playing tonight in the NIT.

Maybe that makes me a bad fan but I really just don't care if we win/lose the next NIT game.

Archived