Ex-NBA star Amaechi lands mainstream endorsement deal.

CCTAU

This was the headline on Yahoo's front page.

Why is it because this guy is gay, he is now a star? I had never even heard of him till this crap came out. Why is the media trying to sensationlize everything gay? Is this really news? Or is it just becasue he's gay?

Amaechi signs first mainstream endorsement deal

March 12, 2007

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Former NBA player John Amaechi became the first openly gay male athlete to sign an endorsement deal with a mainstream company.

HeadBlade Inc., creators of a popular head-shaving razor, announced Monday it had signed Amaechi to a multiyear deal. Financial terms were undisclosed.

"I think it's fantastic that HeadBlade has approached me to endorse the brand," said Amaechi in a statement.

Amaechi became the first NBA player to acknowledge his homosexuality with the release of his memoir, "Man in the Middle" in February. The book is currently on The New York Times Best Seller List.

Concern about endorsement deals is one reason some male athletes stay in the closet during their careers.

"John Amaechi is the newest face of the brand because he embodies many of the qualities representative of a HeadBlader," HeadBlade chief executive Todd Greene said. "He is a man comfortable in his own skin and he's not afraid to go against the grain."

Amaechi grew up in England and played over five seasons for Cleveland, Orlando and Utah. He retired in 2004.

You dont want to get me started on shaved heads AND gay men. Just an observation that I have made recently. I am beginning to believe that it is a point on the gaydar thing with gay males. You know, right side earrings, rainbows, some flags, whatever, now shaved heads. Who said this is really a "mainstream" company? Yahoo? :lol:

Shaved head with a goatee? That would be about 95% chance of gayness.

You dont want to get me started on shaved heads AND gay men. Just an observation that I have made recently. I am beginning to believe that it is a point on the gaydar thing with gay males. You know, right side earrings, rainbows, some flags, whatever, now shaved heads. Who said this is really a "mainstream" company? Yahoo? :lol:

HeadBlade Inc

:no::no::no:

Is that for guys with goatees that only shave their head every now and then or for guys that keep their heads shaved?

Is that for guys with goatees that only shave their head every now and then or for guys that keep their heads shaved?

:yes: I understand shaving your head when you start a new exercise program, etc. It is a motivational thing, especially with the military folks like us Ranger. But the shaved head/goatee thing, even the skinhead stuff, makes me think gay these days.

:yes: I understand shaving your head when you start a new exercise program, etc. It is a motivational thing, especially with the military folks like us Ranger. But the shaved head/goatee thing, even the skinhead stuff, makes me think gay these days.

Yeah, sure, whatever....you know you were making fun of me for having a shaved head at the meet and greet. :poke:

Yeah, sure, whatever....you know you were making fun of me for having a shaved head at the meet and greet. :poke:

So you are a 5%er then... ;)

Craig, which do you do? :rolleyes:

Oh my Gawd, DKW thinks the round mound of rebound is queer.

Craig, which do you do? :rolleyes:

I am a part timer.

I usually keep a very short high and tight, but my hair grows really fast and Monica got tired of me paying $10 every couple of weeks for a for a haircut, plus it was getting hard for me to find the time to go to the barber every couple of weeks. So about a year or so ago, she bought some clippers and learned how to do a high and tight. But, sometimes I get impatient in waiting for her to make the time to give me haircut, so I just take the clippers and shave it all off myself. So, if you see me with a shaved head, you know BW was slacking in her haircutting duties.

Then you have guys like Tig Major, who go to meet and greets looking like a hippie.

Just waiting for each of you to write your book.....

Come out, come out queerever you are......

I would make a comment about this Amaechi character but apparently you can't say the word fa**ot on aunation.net.

Archived