LSU minus 3 players

rebdawg

-For those of you to lazy to click the link-

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) -- LSU coach Les Miles dismissed three football players Thursday for unbecoming conduct.

LSU refused to say what freshman defensive back Troy Giddens, freshman offensive lineman Zhamal Thomas and sophomore offensive lineman Kyle Anderson had done to be thrown off the team, but all three recently had problems with the law.

ADVERTISEMENT

Giddens and Thomas were arrested last week, accused of breaking into a campus apartment, stealing a backpack that held money and credit cards, and using a stolen credit card to buy more than $200 worth of items online. Each player was booked with simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling and identity theft.

Anderson was booked early Monday with second-degree battery after getting into a fight at a popular campus hangout.

"There is a standard that we insist upon with members of our football team when representing this university, our community and the state of Louisiana," Miles said in a statement. "When that standard isn't met some adjustments must be made."

Does this hurt the LSU football team, how good where these players?

Got a lot more respect for Miles not putting up with this crap.. Good job PaPa High-Hat!!!!!!

Kudos to Miles for taking a stand.

There are plenty of talented athletes in this country capable of throwing TD's, blocking down field and sacking the QB all while staying out of trouble.

I recall a few years ago, going to a spring practice and thinking how thin we were on the D-line with the exception of one kid who looked like he had finally come to play. This may not be exactly the name but I think it was a guy named Derrick Magwood. He was a beast in spring and looked to be the answer to our line.

Anyway, he got caught ripping of stuff from teammates' lockers......GONE!!! No questions asked. If the rules are clearly defined and a player doesn't want to abide by them, then go play somewhere else.

Good move for the program by the coach. Now, can you fix the "fans" who like to throw objects at our coach, his wife and in general threaten bodily harm when we come to play ???

Got a lot more respect for Miles not putting up with this crap.. Good job PaPa High-Hat!!!!!!

Wow! I must admit to a huge dose of respect for Les.

I wonder if he would consider a trip to west vance for instruction on these type matters?

Archived