Bama breaks Spring Game record

BAMMERPERRY

I say gloat all you want to, you deserve to gloat. Anyway you AU fans "chage the rules" as well right? I am always told to quit living in the past, yet you guys are still holding up 5. It's fine with me, hold it up high, but don't say we change the rules. Pot meet Kettle.

Are you serious?

It would only be considered the past if we did not currently hold a five win streak.

Next year when we're holding up six that will be the present as well.

Now let's say hypothetically you win next year (I know, but bare with me) and then you saw an Auburn fan holding up 5 fingers, that would be living in the past, much like seeing someone wearing a hat made popular by someone who died a quarter century ago. However, I'd bet you a pretty penny you won't be seeing the five fingers that irritate you so much if you could actually break the streak.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ah, sounds like bg is falling back on uat's favorite excuse (probation). The auburn only beats us when we're down crap again. Funny thing is when I was growing up the uaters I was around were running off at the mouth about the 9 game streak (most uaters still do) and yet in those 9 years auburn was:

No, in spite of what your lack of reading comprehension skills may have told you...that is NOT what I was saying.

My point was simply that you guys can't stop patting yourself on the back about beating us in the Victorian Era like it is some big deal. You guys berate us constantly about living in the past, but you can't stop yucking it up about something that is so far in the past it is insignificant. Birmingham was our home field for the Iron Bowl for like 60 years. And yes, it's not like you have dominated good teams in Tuscaloosa. I'm not making any excuses about WHY they sucked. I'm merely stating that in your big time gloating about this stupid record, you fail to point out that 2 wins came with leather helmets, 1 win came against a winning team recently, and 3 wins came against sub 500 teams in the modern era.

Same logic from my last post applies here.

We're not gloating that we won that ONE game that ONE year back in the 1800s.

We're gloating that since that day oh so long ago you have never beaten us on your home turf.

Wait, what's that you said? Birmingham was your home field for the Iron Bowl for 60 years?

Wait, wait, I thought it was supposed to be "neutral". So you admit that you had the home field advantage for 60 straight years and pretended that was fair....

We're gloating that since that day oh so long ago you have never beaten us on your home turf.

Big deal. The "claim" is deceiving. You are 6-0 (4-0 in the last 7 years). You guys made this same claim after the win in 2000. Like it was some big deal. Yeah one win in 100 years and you "own" us? Bottom line, you've beaten o-n-e good team in tuscaloosa in 115 years of football.

Sto, apparently he didnt get the joke. We dont talk about Bama on the FOOTBALL forum because, lets just face facts, they are really arent that relevant in football anymore.

As far as the RIVALS forum, we shouldnt really be talking about them here either, after you have beaten someone into the ground 5 straight years, are they really that big of a Rival anymore?

Now, ? THAT is a Rivalry.

? THAT is a Rivalry.

? That is a guaranteed win for us for quite some time now. ESPECIALLY if played over in JH-West.

When you totally dominate a rival on their home field, is that really much of a Rivalry? When you have done it for 112 years and half the games are shutouts is THAT still a real rivalry?

If you don't consider us a rival, why do your posts about Bama outnumber all the other "rivals" 20 to 1?

And I really do wish you guys would get over yourselves about "dominating us" at home. You've beaten us in ttow, what, 4 times? 1 of which occured back when the horse was still the most popular form of transportation...the other 3 were against a 3-8 team, a 10-2 team, and a 6-6 team.

Wow. That's awesome. That's domination let me tell you. For people who accuse us of living in the past...why do you keep digging up this 100+ year old stat?

Oh, wait, I forgot the 2004 team that finished 6-7.

ah, sounds like bg is falling back on uat's favorite excuse (probation). The auburn only beats us when we're down crap again. Funny thing is when I was growing up the uaters I was around were running off at the mouth about the 9 game streak (most uaters still do) and yet in those 9 years auburn was:

1973 6-6

1974 10-2

1975 4-6-1 1975 was 3-6-2; Mississippi State had to forfeit a tie.

1976 4-7 1976 was 3-8; Mississippi State had to forfeit a win.

1977 6-5 1977 was 5-6; Mississippi State had to forfeit a win.

1978 6-4-1

1979 8-3

1980 5-6

1981 5-6

3 of those years one of our wins was because MSU had to forfeit a game to us. That's THREE Winning seasons for Auburn in your "stellar" 9 game streak you uaters still talk about to this day. Only TWICE did we win 8 games or more during that period. Must make you so proud. So its ok for uaters to rant and rave about winning 9 games against us(regardless of our record during that stretch) but not ok for us to brag about NEVER losing in turd town (regardless of uat's record during those years). Just checking...have to keep up with the playing rules you uaters like to use. They change every day. Can you give me a heads up about what the rules will be tomorrow so I don't mess up...

I say gloat all you want to, you deserve to gloat. Anyway you AU fans "chage the rules" as well right? I am always told to quit living in the past, yet you guys are still holding up 5. It's fine with me, hold it up high, but don't say we change the rules. Pot meet Kettle.

Yes we are holding up 5..why?? because its current, Its not something that happened 30 years ago. Yet, uaters still bring up the 9 game streak. I will say "uat changes the rules" whenever I want....and because its true. Deny it all you want, its something else you uaters do better than any fan base in the country. What rules do we change? Do enlighten us.

Sto, apparently he didnt get the joke. We dont talk about Bama on the FOOTBALL forum because, lets just face facts, they are really arent that relevant in football anymore.

As far as the RIVALS forum, we shouldnt really be talking about them here either, after you have beaten someone into the ground 5 straight years, are they really that big of a Rival anymore?

? THAT is a Rivalry.

? That is a guaranteed win for us for quite some time now. ESPECIALLY if played over in JH-West.

When you totally dominate a rival on their home field, is that really much of a Rivalry? When you have done it for 112 years and half the games are shutouts is THAT still a real rivalry?

If you don't consider us a rival, why do your posts about Bama outnumber all the other "rivals" 20 to 1?

And I really do wish you guys would get over yourselves about "dominating us" at home. You've beaten us in ttow, what, 4 times? 1 of which occured back when the horse was still the most popular form of transportation...the other 3 were against a 3-8 team, a 10-2 team, and a 6-6 team.

Wow. That's awesome. That's domination let me tell you. For people who accuse us of living in the past...why do you keep digging up this 100+ year old stat?

1973 6-6

1974 10-2

1978 6-4-1

1979 8-3

1980 5-6

1981 5-6

3 of those years one of our wins was because MSU had to forfeit a game to us. That's THREE Winning seasons for Auburn in your "stellar" 9 game streak you uaters still talk about to this day. Only TWICE did we win 8 games or more during that period. Must make you so proud. So its ok for uaters to rant and rave about winning 9 games against us(regardless of our record during that stretch) but not ok for us to brag about NEVER losing in turd town (regardless of uat's record during those years). Just checking...have to keep up with the playing rules you uaters like to use. They change every day. Can you give me a heads up about what the rules will be tomorrow so I don't mess up...

Yes we are holding up 5..why?? because its current, Its not something that happened 30 years ago. Yet, uaters still bring up the 9 game streak. I will say "uat changes the rules" whenever I want....and because its true. Deny it all you want, its something else you uaters do better than any fan base in the country. What rules do we change? Do enlighten us.

Well, The rule of Thumb. Now we have to start on the second hand.

No, in spite of what your lack of reading comprehension skills may have told you...that is NOT what I was saying.

My point was simply that you guys can't stop patting yourself on the back about beating us in the Victorian Era like it is some big deal. You guys berate us constantly about living in the past, but you can't stop yucking it up about something that is so far in the past it is insignificant. Birmingham was our home field for the Iron Bowl for like 60 years. And yes, it's not like you have dominated good teams in Tuscaloosa. I'm not making any excuses about WHY they sucked. I'm merely stating that in your big time gloating about this stupid record, you fail to point out that 2 wins came with leather helmets, 1 win came against a winning team recently, and 3 wins came against sub 500 teams in the modern era.

So, you're saying Auburn has been awesome and Bama has sucked.

So, why can't we gloat? I'm not getting it. Is it cause it hurts your feelings? I'd like to state, for the record, that Bama football sucks. Bama football has been pretty bad since Stallings left. High Schoolers don't know a period where Bama has been a football power. However, Auburn is a relavent perennial (sp?) Top Ten team. THAT is why we gloat.

The "never won in T-Town" thing is just gravy.

Wait, what's that you said? Birmingham was your home field for the Iron Bowl for 60 years?

Wait, wait, I thought it was supposed to be "neutral". So you admit that you had the home field advantage for 60 straight years and pretended that was fair....

Ooof...

winslowned.jpg

Bottom line, you've beaten o-n-e good team in tuscaloosa in 115 years of football.

Whose fault is that?

I am not beating up againsst you or Bama but it's like UF fans saying our win against them didnt count in 2004 because Zook was gone...whose fault was that?

A W is a W

Guest Tigrinum Major

Bottom line, you've beaten o-n-e good team in tuscaloosa in 115 years of football.

Whose fault is that?

I am not beating up againsst you or Bama but it's like UF fans saying our win against them didnt count in 2004 because Zook was gone...whose fault was that?

A W is a W

pwnt3mu.jpg

Big deal. The "claim" is deceiving. You are 6-0 (4-0 in the last 7 years). You guys made this same claim after the win in 2000. Like it was some big deal. Yeah one win in 100 years and you "own" us? Bottom line, you've beaten o-n-e good team in tuscaloosa in 115 years of football.

Good Grief bg. The "Claim" as you call it, is ABSOLUTE FACT. It's not our fault that uat's program sucks. Why not address uats 9 win streak and the teams auburn had during that time? I know it was more convenient for you to just over look that tidbit of info, because it destroyed your argument. Bottom line is we've NEVER LOST IN TUSCALOOSA no matter what sorry excuses you come up with... If it makes you feel better to sugar coat it that way, that's fine. Feel free to throw out the first 2 since they were so long ago, but guess what, it doesn't change uat's winning percentage. It's still .000 in tuscaloosa. Just remember the 9 year streak uat had in the 70's and think about auburn having 3 winning season during that stretch. I'm sure you're very proud of your program for reeling off the 9 game streak, just like we are of our CURRENT 5 (soon to be 6) GAME WINNING STREAK.

Oh for the record, this is an Auburn board (the one where you have over 8500 posts). I visit several SEC related boards and I've never seen any mention of this 100 streak thing anywhere but here. Is there talk about NEVER losing in Tuscaloosa?? Sure, but there's never any talk about it being 100 years (which it is, btw) or anything else, just a winning streak. It's irrelevant to me cause it happened so long ago. But it doesn't change the FACT that it exists.

I wish that all of these damn bama fans that sit at their keyboards and type a bunch of BS would just go on back to their AL boards. It seems that when one of them runs out of stuff to say, another one jumps up and starts running his/her bobo honker.

TO ALL BAMA FANS ON THIS BOARD; IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN GET THE HELL OFF OF IT!

"Big deal. The "claim" is deceiving. You are 6-0 (4-0 in the last 7 years). You guys made this same claim after the win in 2000. Like it was some big deal. Yeah one win in 100 years and you "own" us? Bottom line, you've beaten o-n-e good team in tuscaloosa in 115 years of football."

So ummmm... Is it okay for us to claim that we just flat own you now anyway? I mean, we do own you in T-town, and being undefeated there, is being undefeated. That's true whether it's been fifty wins, 6 wins, or 4 wins. Even if it was one good quality drubbing...we "OWN" you there. Also...we've beaten you a "few" times on our turf too. Do they count? I'd say take our current streak and recent record, and we've got a pretty good start at "ownership" here.

......Or are we just going to get some more Captain Kick-ass spin from you BG? I'm guessing more spin coming. :rolleyes:

Now Chopper, you quit living in the past young man. You know that just because Bama hasn't beaten Auburn for the last 5 years, the slate is now wiped clean. Okay? I mean, the last win was waaaayyy back in November of 06'....in Tuscaloosa....again. Stop dusting off the old record books to make your argument.

? THAT is a Rivalry.

1973 6-6

1974 10-2

1978 6-4-1

1979 8-3

1980 5-6

1981 5-6

I know this is hard for you to comprehend but the 5 game streak is a current streak. Until you beat Auburn again, it is current due to the fact that the game is played once a year. The next time UAT wins, the Turds will have a 1 game streak. ;) Then you can crow. Until then, UAT IS Auburns female mut.

BG, thanks, I could not have said better than that myself.

I wish that all of these damn bama fans that sit at their keyboards and type a bunch of BS would just go on back to their AL boards. It seems that when one of them runs out of stuff to say, another one jumps up and starts running his/her bobo honker.

TO ALL BAMA FANS ON THIS BOARD; IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN GET THE HELL OFF OF IT!

I love it! Bring it on!!!

Oh and thanks for the welcome.

PS. Dream on about 6! :roflol:

:ua::ua::ua::ua::ua::ua::ua:

Whose fault is that?

A W is a W

Yes. I'm not saying those wins dont count. I'm just trying to put this whole "Never beaten AU in tuscaloosa at home" thing in perspective.

So ummmm... Is it okay for us to claim that we just flat own you now anyway?

Yes, it's fairly safe to say that right now AU owns UA. You've beaten us 5 years straight. And YES it is current. I have stated many times here that the winner gets the spoils for 364 days. Until we face off again in November, you have earned the title of CURRENT Iron Bowl champion. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

I don't have any problem giving credit where it's due. And I wasn't suggesting that AU doesn't own us right now. They've earned ownage rights. I just think bragging about a 115 year span when 90 years we didn't have a chance change to the record at home...is a rookie move.

I love it! Bring it on!!!

Oh and thanks for the welcome.

PS. Dream on about 6! :roflol:

you uaters said the same thing about #2, #3, #4, and #5...oh, wait, you've got a new coach at the crapstone and we're supposed to be scared of little uat now....Keep dreaming... :lmao:

The thing I don't get is, how is it that the addition of Saban is supposed to just swing things back to dominance by Alabama? I mean, I get that he's an upgrade over Shula, but he had all the players in the world at LSU and went 2-3 against us. What has he shown that makes bammers think he'll do so much better at the crapstone?

Now Chopper, you quit living in the past young man. You know that just because Bama hasn't beaten Auburn for the last 5 years, the slate is now wiped clean. Okay? I mean, the last win was waaaayyy back in November of 06'....in Tuscaloosa....again. Stop dusting off the old record books to make your argument.

aaahhh...yeah. My bad. :rolleyes:

Told ya all why I shouldn't post much. ;) Too much common sense on board the chopper. I'd overwhelm the sad invaders.

:P

The thing I don't get is, how is it that the addition of Saban is supposed to just swing things back to dominance by Alabama? I mean, I get that he's an upgrade over Shula, but he had all the players in the world at LSU and went 2-3 against us. What has he shown that makes bammers think he'll do so much better at the crapstone?

Yeah, you also think the Alabama teams you beat over the last five years are typical and they won't improve much over that.

You guys always want to use that head to head number for Saban while he was at LSU.

In 2000, CTT had already had a year to start rebuilding. Saban was in his first season (3rd game) at LSU...an LSU team coming off of a run where they had 7 wins in 2 years. In 01 he beat you. In 02 his team was pretty bad. Alabama beat him 30-0 in red stick. He was really low on talent that year, at least at the key positions. So you got a win there. In 03 you lost 31-7. In 04 you beat him 10-9.

Yeah, you also think the Alabama teams you beat over the last five years are typical and they won't improve much over that.

You guys always want to use that head to head number for Saban while he was at LSU.

In 2000, CTT had already had a year to start rebuilding. Saban was in his first season (3rd game) at LSU...an LSU team coming off of a run where they had 7 wins in 2 years. In 01 he beat you. In 02 his team was pretty bad. Alabama beat him 30-0 in red stick. He was really low on talent that year, at least at the key positions. So you got a win there. In 03 you lost 31-7. In 04 you beat him 10-9.

And so your point is... He was 2 -3 against Tuberville. Do you believe there is more talent at Bama now then there was at LSU when he started there? I think not, Miles proves anyone can recruit at LSU. There is absolutely no one to compete with in state. Our state is a entirely different.

And so your point is... He was 2 -3 against Tubberville. Do you believe there is more talent at Bama now then there was at LSU when he started there? I think not, Miles proves anyone can recruit at LSU. There is absolutely no one to compete with in state. Our state is a entirely different.

Yeah, there is more talent at UA now than was in LSU in 2000. The Bama team (Coached by Dubose) ALMOST beat them in Red Stick that year.

Either way, puffing your chest about a win over Saban while he was 3 whole games into his tenure at LSU is a bit of a joke.

:ua: ? That is a guaranteed win for us for quite some time now. ESPECIALLY if played over in JH-West.

38-31-and some ties 38-32-1.........neither team has "dominated" this rivalry overall. In the last 5 years, yes AU has won 5 in a row....overall...not so much.

fixed that for you...

Archived