Bama breaks Spring Game record

BAMMERPERRY

You just witnessed today how delusional they really are

I wish UGA were as delusional then.....

Surely not.... I mean rallying around a team is one thing but 92,000 in awe of one man? Giddy as school girls

over a football coach? You sure you want that?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

92k at our Spring Game?

Hell yes I want that...and I believe that AU-bias aside, you all would like that as well.

Nothing wrong with showing strong support for your players during the spring. I wish more of our lazy Atlanta fans would get off their ass during GDays and attend them.

Let the Bammers go see a bunch of hype. I'm sure it was a wasted trip - to see nothing but runs up the middle and few passes, etc. Auburn will still be the best next November and that is all that matters. Spring games are pointless. Bammers just wanted to see Bama win a game - it's been a long time.

Saban: 1-1

spring games are pointless? really? thats weird, after yalls all you guys could do was sunshine pump about how stacked the team was and will be a big contender again this season. since when do you pull for auburn? ;)

look, the deal is this: nobody is claiming a MNC...those are words that you guys are putting in our mouths. for the first time over the past 4 years we really have some reason to hope for a decent season. the a-day game attendance broke a record. 92K+ is pretty impressive for an a-day game. but when the season starts, it doesn't mean squat. alot of people here always want to start something out of nothing, and if they can't, they just put the words in our mouths to get it started.

92k at our Spring Game?

Hell yes I want that...and I believe that AU-bias aside, you all would like that as well.

Nothing wrong with showing strong support for your players during the spring. I wish more of our lazy Atlanta fans would get off their ass during GDays and attend them.

make no mistake.....if 92K fans showed up at AU's a-day game, everyone would be crowing about how everyone is taking notice that AU "has arrived", etc etc etc. lets not mention AU can hardly sell out any home game.

This is no lie. I was just out and about on the beach and ran into a friend, also a bama grad, and he was bragging to me about the attendance. I asked him who won and his response was we were but they brought the Auburn team in in the 4th quarter and bama ended up losing. :roflol:

92k at our Spring Game?

Well, there's nothing wrong with good attendance at a spring game, but we all know this had less to do with supporting the players and more to do with Nick Saban Superhype "Bama's Back!" Frenzy. But if they want to see what they're getting for their $32 million, that's their business.

I haven't seen Bama fans with their heads this far in the clouds since Mike Dubose's last year when they started the season with a #3 preseason ranking. Hope they find this roller coaster ride just as exciting. The higher they are, the more entertaining the free fall. :big:

92k at our Spring Game?

Well, there's nothing wrong with good attendance at a spring game, but we all know this had less to do with supporting the players and more to do with Nick Saban Superhype "Bama's Back!" Frenzy. But if they want to see what they're getting for their $32 million, that's their business.

I haven't seen Bama fans with their heads this far in the clouds since Mike Dubose's last year when they started the season with a #3 preseason ranking. Hope they find this roller coaster ride just as exciting. The higher they are, the more entertaining the free fall. :big:

i doubt we get over 8 wins, if that this season. alot of fans i know feel about the same, maybe slightly more optimistic. i just don't see it as being pie in the sky. we'll see in maybe 2-3 years.

So supporting your coach to the same level as the players is bad?

I would hope 92k UGA fans would come to support Richt and the coaching staff as well

I would hope 92k UGA fans would come to support Richt and the coaching staff as well

your devil's advocate game is played out, bub. it's either that or you're just naive. i can never really tell.

How is he being naive? Contrary to your misguided opinion, there are very few in our fanbase you are booking it for the Sugar Bowl this year. Like Slink said, there's nothing wrong with turning out to support the team and staff.

your devil's advocate game is played out, bub. it's either that or you're just naive. i can never really tell.

How is he naive?.....Maybe your just jealous that your beloved AU tigers did not get the same support.

yeah so i did yard work today. i spread out mulch and planted alot of lovely flowers with my wife. oh was there a bammer raily today. im sorry i didn't notice because i was doing more important things that really matter!! (a trip to pike's nursery with the wife is more interesting then 92000 morons watching a scrimmage in jordan hare west) oh but i did catch the auburn alabama game in baseball i believe auburn beat uat 6-3. bammers you have one more chance!!!

your jealousy is flattering. Our baseball team gets more respect nationally, in a suck year, than awbun does when their football team goes undefeated. Must be hell knowing all you'll ever be is second fiddle. Best watch your back though, Troy is up and coming! :roflol:

your jealousy is flattering. Our baseball team gets more respect nationally, in a suck year, than awbun does when their football team goes undefeated. Must be hell knowing all you'll ever be is second fiddle. Best watch your back though, Troy is up and coming! :roflol:

Did the dictionary change recently so that "second fiddle" means, "beating your rival every time they meet?" Oh wait, you do have mean tennis and women's gymnastics teams. You might even clip us in golf this year.

If that's second fiddle, give me more of it.

Did the dictionary change recently so that "second fiddle" means, "beating your rival every time they meet?" Oh wait, you do have mean tennis and women's gymnastics teams. You might even clip us in golf this year.

Most people in the U.S. don't even know where da barn is. Makes ya proud, huh? :moon:

Slink, big difference, Richt has actually done something at :uga: Saban still hasnt even signed a contract with Bama. He sure hasnt won even one game.

Most people in the U.S. don't even know where da barn is. Makes ya proud, huh? :moon:

Only adds to my point. People don't know where we are (according to you) and we're "second fiddle", yet we beat you in pretty much everything. Gotta make you proud, huh? You supposedly get all the spotlight and all it does is showcase to the world that you suck.

As y'all whine and complain. Let's get some things straight:

1) Yes, Auburn would love to pack it's stadium out for an A-Day. Congratulations that Alabama did just that and Auburn didn't. I and everyone else would love to see it happen. But just because Bama did it, doesn't mean anything. Bama should be proud that they can pack their stadium for a scrimmage. But it doesn't mean anything - that's the fact.

2) Auburn is not second fiddle. Auburn is better than Alabama head-to-head in just about every sport. Take the national spotlight, because God it is so big in the world of college baseball. We're the best in the state athletically and in academia. Eat it bitches.

3) People may not know where Auburn is, but there are plenty of people who have no clue where Yale, Princeton, Clemson, Purdue, and a bunch of other colleges that are not named after a major city or State. How many people know where Alabama is? They know what state they are in, but don't know what city and from there wouldn't be able to point it out on a map. In fact, people think so poorly of the state of Alabama, people will joke on Bama before Auburn purely because of it's name (not to mention the fanbase).

So... Alabama - Enjoy the 92,000 fans at your spring game because Auburn is still the better team.

How is he being naive? Contrary to your misguided opinion, there are very few in our fanbase you are booking it for the Sugar Bowl this year. Like Slink said, there's nothing wrong with turning out to support the team and staff.

obviously you are either in total denial or you just don't get out much. did uat kick you out of the club or have you been under a rock since satan was hired? Now I don't visit bammer boards for very obvious reasons. But I do visit several SEC related boards and I can assure you most are talking major bowl this year and running off at the mouth about how everybody is scared of saban. For you to say very few in your fanbase are expecting a sugar bowl bid shows how out of touch you really are with your own fanbase. I'll bet more than half of that toothless 92,000 yesterday expect nothing less than a BCS bowl next year. That's why its gonna be so much fun when uat limps to 6 or 7 wins...again.

92k at our Spring Game?

make no mistake.....if 92K fans showed up at AU's a-day game, everyone would be crowing about how everyone is taking notice that AU "has arrived", etc etc etc. lets not mention AU can hardly sell out any home game.

Did you really just say that? Are you kidding me? Auburn has NO trouble selling out home games. The OOC games usually see a drop by a few thousand, but what team doesn't? Auburn always sells out SEC games. Come to the Iron Bowl this year and see if we have trouble selling out, or K-State or South Fla for that matter.

92,000 is impressive. Its nice, but its nothing new. Alabama fans have always been ravenous, and I'm sure if there was as much hype surrounding one of our new head coaches, we'd have no trouble packing out an A-Day. But, all I could hear about last night at the fraternity house was, "I feel it man! National Championship this year! Oh Yeah book it! Did Auburn ever get 92,000? We're goin all the way! Roll Turd! etc." Did anyone see the post-game interviews of the "fans?" Ewww boy!

Its nice that Bammer fans have something to cheer about this year, and that can just keep them going for a while, especially since $atan won't lift the media curtain anytime soon. But I think its obvious to just about any rational person that, while Alabama gets a lot of support for their football program, what we saw yesterday was a throng of people desperate for any success. Congratulations Alabama! You haven't won anything yet. Make sure to keep showing up when $atan has 4 or 5 losses this year and your fair-weather masses are already calling for his head.

Ryan

Nobody actually sells out all home games.

UGA was I think around 100% seating capacity per somebody (think was on here or somewhere) but that was bogus.

When UGA plays cupcakes, they dont come near 92k

When UF plays cupcakes not on opening day, they dont sell out actually

Same for UT and LSU.....

92k at our Spring Game?

Did you really just say that? Are you kidding me? Auburn has NO trouble selling out home games. The OOC games usually see a drop by a few thousand, but what team doesn't? Auburn always sells out SEC games. Come to the Iron Bowl this year and see if we have trouble selling out, or K-State or South Fla for that matter.

on average, JH stadium was at 97% capacity (84,827 fans) each home game. which is not very good compared to the rest of the SEC. i never knew neyland stadium at ut held like 104,000. geez....

arky 103%

ut 102%

uf 102%

ua 100%

uga 100%

lsu 100%

au 97%

usc 94%

ole miss 88%

uk 85%

vandy 84%

msu 75%