Bama breaks Spring Game record

BAMMERPERRY

"I'm a realist. Most would call me a pessimist..."

Win, this is why WarTiger says that "most" Alabama fans are unrealistic. Congratulations. You've actually just made his point.

I also believe that some of last year's attendance figures and (to some extent) the 92K at practice yesterday is due to the recent work done on Bryant-Denny. The year following extensive work on stadiums is always very strong, even if the teams stink. In fact, I bet attendance was better last year (percentage-wise) than it was when they went 10-2. There are many, many Bama fans out there. Many of them take Duke and UL-M (and practice) as opportunities to see the new stadium.

No, I most certainly didn't. That "rah rah team" mentality exists in every fanbase.

There are many on here, WarTiger included, who love Coach Slater. Is he a great coach? Judging by the results, no.

Well, totally irrelevant and not sure of your point, but since you called me out individually, Show me ONCE, just ONCE where I say what my feelings are for Coach Slater. I'll save you the trouble...You won't find them anywhere on this board, so where you are coming up with my thoughts concerning our baseball program is beyond me... Chin up uater, you still have gymnastics....

Ask and you shall receive.

Top 6, 9-2 Florida

Auburn's only walked 3, hit 2 batters, and had 2 errors, so expect Slater to be signed to an extension by dusk.

Ah, there's more words of wisdom idiocy from the anti-auburn campaign.

Wryn posted negative thoughts on Slater's team and you responded that his comments were "idiocy."

It's not irrelevant at all. Everyone agrees that most fans try their hardest to be optimistic. We're a fanbase that has had little to be excited about since 2002. We've had plenty of drama, mostly negative, with the few bright spots serving as teasers to the hungry animal known as the Alabama fanbase.

We all know that Nick Saban is a great coach and that a hire such as the one we made would light the fire under anyone. We're starved for a winner and naturally, people have high expectations. Are some people stretching it? Of course. But there's nothing wrong with people being eager to support their school's players and coaches. At least, there wasn't anything wrong with it before Saturday, right?

Come on losercrimson, you can do better than that....wait, no you can't. Exactly how is this displaying my feelings for slater or anything related to the baseball program?? Not ONCE in that post did I say anything about what I think of slater or the baseball program at auburn. This is merely calling out a poster on the board that has yet to post anything positive about auburn. In case you haven't noticed, we have several of these posters. Radio, PowerI, and PChamp come imediately to mind. It has NOTHING to do with the baseball program at all. Keep looking. You won't find it, but obviously you have abundant time on your hands to look. By all means, keep looking.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Auburn just doesn't report it.

Haha, not true. I've seen games where AU reported over 100% capacity. Man I wish some of you guys would get over the idea that Auburn is some shining beacon of exception where they do things completely different from EVERY other school.

one, a "shining beacon of exception"? :roflol:

two, no, we just do everything differently from you knuckledraggers. keep it that way!

i'm sure several factors other than nick saban's coming out extravaganza played into the huge attendance at your a-day game. i'm sure. really.

Win, this is why WarTiger says that "most" Alabama fans are unrealistic. Congratulations. You've actually just made his point.

I also believe that some of last year's attendance figures and (to some extent) the 92K at practice yesterday is due to the recent work done on Bryant-Denny. The year following extensive work on stadiums is always very strong, even if the teams stink. In fact, I bet attendance was better last year (percentage-wise) than it was when they went 10-2. There are many, many Bama fans out there. Many of them take Duke and UL-M (and practice) as opportunities to see the new stadium.

No, I most certainly didn't. That "rah rah team" mentality exists in every fanbase.

There are many on here, WarTiger included, who love Coach Slater. Is he a great coach? Judging by the results, no.

Well, totally irrelevant and not sure of your point, but since you called me out individually, Show me ONCE, just ONCE where I say what my feelings are for Coach Slater. I'll save you the trouble...You won't find them anywhere on this board, so where you are coming up with my thoughts concerning our baseball program is beyond me... Chin up uater, you still have gymnastics....

Top 6, 9-2 Florida

Auburn's only walked 3, hit 2 batters, and had 2 errors, so expect Slater to be signed to an extension by dusk.

Wryn posted negative thoughts on Slater's team and you responded that his comments were "idiocy."

It's not irrelevant at all. Everyone agrees that most fans try their hardest to be optimistic. We're a fanbase that has had little to be excited about since 2002. We've had plenty of drama, mostly negative, with the few bright spots serving as teasers to the hungry animal known as the Alabama fanbase.

We all know that Nick Saban is a great coach and that a hire such as the one we made would light the fire under anyone. We're starved for a winner and naturally, people have high expectations. Are some people stretching it? Of course. But there's nothing wrong with people being eager to support their school's players and coaches. At least, there wasn't anything wrong with it before Saturday, right?

Come on losercrimson, you can do better than that....wait, no you can't. Exactly how is this displaying my feelings for slater or anything related to the baseball program?? Not ONCE in that post did I say anything about what I think of slater or the baseball program at auburn. This is merely calling out a poster on the board that has yet to post anything positive about auburn. In case you haven't noticed, we have several of these posters. Radio, PowerI, and PChamp come imediately to mind. It has NOTHING to do with the baseball program at all. Keep looking. You won't find it, but obviously you have abundant time on your hands to look. By all means, keep looking.

Losercrimson? Nice.

It's not displaying your feelings for the AU baseball program, but rather criticizing the critical. So what if the comment didn't portray Auburn as the shining city on the hill that you want it to be? The bottom line is that you didn't want to hear anything negative about your school, be it a factual comment or not. Tell us, what are your true feeings on Coach Slater?

Off topic, but I have seen those guys make positive posts about Auburn. Maybe you can start by not making negative posts about them.

Top 6, 9-2 Florida

Losercrimson? Nice.

It's not displaying your feelings for the AU baseball program, but rather criticizing the critical. So what if the comment didn't portray Auburn as the shining city on the hill that you want it to be? The bottom line is that you didn't want to hear anything negative about your school, be it a factual comment or not. Tell us, what are your true feeings on Coach Slater?

Off topic, but I have seen those guys make positive posts about Auburn. Maybe you can start by not making negative posts about them.

alright alright alright, we get it. you're an alabama fan. you're contradictory. now shut up.

Top 6, 9-2 Florida

Losercrimson? Nice.

You're right there's nothing about my feelings there about our baseball program, so why did you dredge it up? cause its the closest thing you could find. that's why. It has nothing to do with me not wanting to hear anything negative about my school, its the constant "we're terrible" type posts that those posters mentioned above constantly spew forth that bothers me. You dont like it??? AWE...let me think a minute...ok, I'm ready...I really dont care what you think.

Why are you asking me about Slater? You said earlier in the thread that you already knew how I felt about Slater. All without me even making ONE post in any forum as to such feelings. So which is it? You really need to start actually reading the posts so you can keep your stories straight. I still fail to see any connection between the baseball program at Auburn and uat's spring game attendance.

Our A-Day attendance of 92,000+ is more than Auburn, Arkansas, or Florida will have for a real gameday. The largest crowd to see a spring game in college football history!! :nanner:

Yes...but we'll win.... :)

:au::homer:

Top 6, 9-2 Florida

Actually, Wryn is one of our resident grouches. In every silver lining he can find a dark cloud. This was the second SEC series of the season and Auburn was 18-3 prior to the SEC schedule. Patience was wearing thin for most Auburn fans but most weren't ready to forfeit the rest of the season nor were they ready to crown Slater "King of Baseball." And this doesn't look as much like "rah-rah" as it does calling out a "debbie downer."

And, I have no problem with the eagerness to support the school, team and staff. But, the coverage and crowing from some of the unwashed masses would lead some to believe UAT had accomplished something of importance rather than selling out a spring practice.

BTW, is it not true that out of the 92,000 + people that filled the stadium you raised only $38,000 for the kids in Enterprise? Really? The UAT faithful couldn't, in all the excitement and revelry, get at least $1 from each of those attending? Interesting. But, hey...you do have the spring practice attendance record! You should be proud!

BTW, is it not true that out of the 92,000 + people that filled the stadium you raised only $38,000 for the kids in Enterprise? Really? The UAT faithful couldn't, in all the excitement and revelry, get at least $1 from each of those attending? Interesting. But, hey...you do have the spring practice attendance record! You should be proud!

First of all, they weren't taking money at the gates for donations. They basically took up money at halftime...and had a few people scattered around the stadium throughout the day taking money. There were many many people on BOL who said they went expecting to donate and never saw a place to give money.

First of all, they weren't taking money at the gates for donations. They basically took up money at halftime...and had a few people scattered around the stadium throughout the day taking money. There were many many people on BOL who said they went expecting to donate and never saw a place to give money.

Got this from a Tide Pride member here in my office that said they were at each gate and in some of the parking areas. Another co-worker said he gave $20 at the gate and saw some people taking up donations inside the stadium. My father-in-law said that he gave at the gate even though he wasn't able to get in the stadium.

Got this from a Tide Pride member here in my office that said they were at each gate and in some of the parking areas. Another co-worker said he gave $20 at the gate and saw some people taking up donations inside the stadium. My father-in-law said that he gave at the gate even though he wasn't able to get in the stadium.

Ditto. I heard from two people at the office that were at the game and saw them all over the place taking donations. Of course he said, "I walked right on by".

Not that this should be a UA v. AU competiton, but how much did you guys raise for Enterprise at your spring game?

Not that this should be a UA v. AU competiton, but how much did you guys raise for Enterprise at your spring game?

At the A-day game i didnt see where you could donate money. But, I also sat in the new section.

Check your calendar.

Check your calendar.

I think the Enterprise thing happened a couple of weeks before AU's A-Day game. Granted, Bama had several weeks more to organize something, but still.

Well to be honest if I were AU fan I would crack jokes on us to. I mean that's all you got right? You AU fans get on us for "living in the past," yet 5 in a row is all I hear. I would be proud of that as well. :D But today is a new day in BAMA football. I'm forgetting about the past and looking to the future. Hey based on not living in the past, you got nothing on us and we have nothing on you. So that being said, let a new era begin! Bring it on War Eagles! ROLL TIDE! :ua:

Five is a lonely number for bammers. It will increase to six. So you keep 92K. We'll stick with a slowly increasing number. FEAR SIX!

lol @ this thread

who cares how many people came to watch the (insert number here)th coming of alabama?

92k people sat in a stadium all share one common bond. none of them have ever watched alabama beat auburn in that stadium.

Again, I spoke to many people who went with the full expectation of donating and never so a place to do so. It may have to do with the fact that the upper deck east, west, and north sides were originally closed. And they opened them up after the lower bowl filled up...and there were no donation people at those gates.

Five is a lonely number for bammers. It will increase to six. So you keep 92K. We'll stick with a slowly increasing number. FEAR SIX!

HAHA! All the FEAR is in your response my friend! You sould get used to counting on one hand since the streak stops this year and since you can count the AU championships on one hand as well.

Also it's exciting to see so many fans support the team and the new coach. It's also pretty exciting to see how much interest you all have in Alabama Football over here. Let's keep the Bama threads coming!!!!

Also it's exciting to see so many fans support the team and the new coach. It's also pretty exciting to see how much interest you all have in Alabama Football over here. Let's keep the Bama threads coming!!!!

Says the guy surfing an Auburn board dragging out this dead horse to beat a little more as it distracts him from the Thumb.

The money may never get to Enterprise anyway. Someone in the SEC has already asked about the NCAA problems with donating cash to a high school where Bama recruits.

On some of the Bama boards, even last week, they said CTT was being blamed for turning Bama in for NCAA violations with this.

1) I think the "CTT turned us in" line is total crap.

2) However, giving cash to a high school is likely an NCAA violation if given directly.

Says the guy surfing an Auburn board dragging out this dead horse to beat a little more as it distracts him from the Thumb.

Fair enough, but come on man. Go to any Bama board and try to find as many threads on AU as there are here about BAMA.

I am quick counting 13 just on the front page alone!

Fair enough, but come on man. Go to any Bama board and try to find as many threads on AU as there are here about BAMA.

I am quick counting 13 just on the front page alone!

Actually, there isnt even one on our football forum.

2) However, giving cash to a high school is likely an NCAA violation if given directly.

That sucks pretty hard. If the NCAA can't make an exception for this, it will be a sad day.

Archived