Where is King Darby?

PChamp119

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The greatest RB in Alabama history wasn't drafted in Day 1 :gofig:

Alabama history... that would be Shaun Alexander ... you know.. that MVP of that other league that i dont know what's called....

Alabama history... that would be Shaun Alexander ... you know.. that MVP of that other league that i dont know what's called....

The CHRJL? (Can't hold Rudi's jockstrap league)

You've got a serious thing about people with that first name, don't you?

And, do you really think Johnson is a better 'back than Alexander? They obviously grow it good over in Pickens...

The greatest RB in Alabama history wasn't drafted in Day 1 :gofig:

uhm, last i checked pretty much all of us agreed after the season that darby was a bust his senior year. i mean seriously, 0 TD his senior season? i feel bad about all the off field problems he was having, i'm sure it would affect anyone's performance. but i bet you didn't see any of us saying he's the greatest RB in bama history. if anything you saw us screaming for them to put jimmy johns in. get your facts straight. besides, i thought you pulled for us anyway? :poke:

And, do you really think Johnson is a better 'back than Alexander? They obviously grow it good over in Pickens...

Alexander's okay. There are probably half a dozen backs in the NFL that are just as good but don't have the same situation. You can count Rudi in that group. Tomlinson. Barber. Johnson. Could have made a case for Edge before he went to the 'cards. Take Rudi. He's got 5245 career yards. Shaun's played two full seasons more and has 8713. Both average in the neighborhood of 1300 yards a season over the last three. I could take either of them and be comfortable with my situation at RB.

Alexander's not one of those guys who really resonates. Billy Sims. Barry Sanders. Walter Payton. Jim Brown. Earl Campbell. OJ. Gayle Sayers. Those guys will stand the test of time. I don't see Alexander ever reaching that status. Rudi either, for that matter.

I kept hearing before the season that he was the best ever. Things changed because he had a bad season? I know you bammers realized he had a bad season, but perhaps this is a reason to let the games play out before making statements.

And no one said David Irons was all that great and would be drafted early. At least not I. He's just waiting for the thumbs up from his agent

Alexander's okay. There are probably half a dozen backs in the NFL that are just as good but don't have the same situation. You can count Rudi in that group. Tomlinson. Barber. Johnson. Could have made a case for Edge before he went to the 'cards. Take Rudi. He's got 5245 career yards. Shaun's played two full seasons more and has 8713. Both average in the neighborhood of 1300 yards a season over the last three. I could take either of them and be comfortable with my situation at RB.

Alexander's not one of those guys who really resonates. Billy Sims. Barry Sanders. Walter Payton. Jim Brown. Earl Campbell. OJ. Gayle Sayers. Those guys will stand the test of time. I don't see Alexander ever reaching that status. Rudi either, for that matter.

I don't know, I think Alexander is the 3rd best RB at worst. Tomlinson and Johnson are the two I'd take ahead of him.

Alexander and Rudi are two good RBs that will be remembered downfield. On the level of Sweetness? No way. Those guys you mentioned are in a class of their own. Shaun's name will be in Canton, though...

Alexander and Rudi are two good RBs that will be remembered downfield. On the level of Sweetness? No way. Those guys you mentioned are in a class of their own. Shaun's name will be in Canton, though...

He better hope they don't see it. I'd hate for him to get charged with vandalism for scratching it on the wall.

Looks like Darby hasn't gone anywhere but Le'Ron McClain will be playing in Baltimore with Grubbs. Ravens picked him up in the 4th round.

Yeah, and where is David Irons? His (@*) talkin couldn't get him into the first 3 rounds.

@* talking usually won't get you into the first 3 rounds. However, his biggest problem, from what I hear is that he can only see the word Coke out of his left eye since late November...

Ken Darby got drafted by Tampa Bay. Don't they use a one-back offense? I truly don't know if he's big enough to play as a fullback.

Ken Darby got drafted by Tampa Bay. Don't they use a one-back offense? I truly don't know if he's big enough to play as a fullback.

Maybe he can learn something from Caddy

Mr. Irrelevant.......That is truly fitting. Not only for Ramzee but for the Entire bammer team, and the team taking field this year.

I kept hearing before the season that he was the best ever. Things changed because he had a bad season? I know you bammers realized he had a bad season, but perhaps this is a reason to let the games play out before making statements.

And no one said David Irons was all that great and would be drafted early. At least not I. He's just waiting for the thumbs up from his agent

when you have back to back 1000+ yard rushing seasons (04 and 05) you pretty much expect the same to happen the 3rd season. i don't think anyone really saw the thing with his dad coming or it having so much impact. so since you guys rave on and on about "running back U", apparently your RBs are absolutely phenomenal. lets compare kenny irons and kenneth darby for a second....

darby

2005 1242 yds 3TD

2006 820 yds 0TD

irons

2005 1293 yds 13TD

2006 821 yds 4TD

KI gained 51 more yards in 05 and 1 yard more in 06......52 more yards than darby over those 2 comparable years, however he did have 14 more TDs.

don't get me wrong.......carnell williams and ronnie brown were beasts, especially cadillac. he was a freakin TD machine. but right now AU doesn't exactly have a phenom. but then again, its not like we do either.

caddy is a product of AU's outstanding sociology program (that was his major)....i doubt he will be teaching anyone much of anything.

AU10.jpg

when you have back to back 1000+ yard rushing seasons (04 and 05) you pretty much expect the same to happen the 3rd season. i don't think anyone really saw the thing with his dad coming or it having so much impact. so since you guys rave on and on about "running back U", apparently your RBs are absolutely phenomenal. lets compare kenny irons and kenneth darby for a second....

darby

2005 1242 yds 3TD

2006 820 yds 0TD

irons

2005 1293 yds 13TD

2006 821 yds 4TD

KI gained 51 more yards in 05 and 1 yard more in 06......52 more yards than darby over those 2 comparable years, however he did have 14 more TDs.

don't get me wrong.......carnell williams and ronnie brown were beasts, especially cadillac. he was a freakin TD machine. but right now AU doesn't exactly have a phenom. but then again, its not like we do either.

I believe Brad Lester scored a touchdown about one in every ten touches and averaged 5 yards per touch in '06. You kinda forgot about him.

caddy is a product of AU's outstanding sociology program (that was his major)....i doubt he will be teaching anyone much of anything.

AU10.jpg

Don't be a jerk, I'm sure there aren't any cake classes at "the u". Say maybe some that he and Croyle took together???

darby

2005 1242 yds 3TD

2006 820 yds 0TD

irons

2005 1293 yds 13TD

2006 821 yds 4TD

I believe Brad Lester scored a touchdown about one in every ten touches and averaged 5 yards per touch in '06. You kinda forgot about him.

oh, ok. brad laster 2006:

104 carries for 510 yards and 9 rushing TD with a 4.9 avg. 6 receptions for 87 yards and 1 receiving TD (597 all purpose). yes, that is about 1 in 10 carries is a TD, but when you only have 104 carries......compared to all the UA/AU guys had at least 200 carries. in 06 darby had 200 carries for 820 yards 0TD with 4.1 yard average.

You're right, horrible numbers out of Lester. Only 9 more touchdowns than Darby in 100 fewer carries. What a horrible horrible back.

Auburn is Running Back U. Just accept it.

You're right, horrible numbers out of Lester. Only 9 more touchdowns than Darby in 100 fewer carries. What a horrible horrible back.

you're not really showing any numbers to support that, and you're missing my point. am i saying kenny irons is a horrible back? no. all i'm saying that since cadillac and ronnie brown, AU really hasn't had any phenomenal RBs. and how was the rushing game before those two?

you're not really showing any numbers to support that, and you're missing my point. am i saying kenny irons is a horrible back? no. all i'm saying that since cadillac and ronnie brown, AU really hasn't had any phenomenal RBs. and how was the rushing game before those two?

In 2005, Kenny had 1200 yards without starting or getting much playing time in the first three or four games (not sure on the exact number).

Archived