Bryant Heritage Trail?

quietfan

Of course, this doesn't mean they're obsessed with Bear Bryant...he just happens to rank up there with one of our greatest Presidents:

http://www.tidefans.cPurplepossum

Bryant Heritage Trail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw a show that featured the old Lincoln Heritage trail in the 1960s. They had signs along highways tha helped you to Lincoln Historic sites. it was over 2000 miles long.I was wondering what a Bear Bryant heritage trail might look like.

it would begin at Fordyce,Ark where his birthplace is

go to memphis and the liberty bowl home of his last game

then to jackson,tn where he began as an assistant (letter on display)

then to nashville and vanderbilt and the field where he tied his first game as acting head coach( apartment on Free will baptist college campus still stands)

to lexington, ky

to maryland

back through North carolina (where he coached NC naval pre flight team)

to birmingham

to tuscaloosa

to texas am&m

Does any one know of any other sites that might house Bryant history? om/forums/showthread.php?t=57508

Shouldn't they include the Jim Beam distillery? ...or was that Jack Daniels?

I kinda got a kick out of this reply, too:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purplepossum

I have read every book on Coach Bryant and even wrote 2 on him. I dont ever recall him coaching at Deshler high school.

Me too, and me either, although Coach Crisp did send him to hold h.s. clinics very early in his tour as an assistant @ Alabama. (I haven't, however, written a book about him! Which two?) I have almost finished "Coach" but have four more waiting!

Amazing! A Bammer that either owns five books or has a library card! :rolleyes:

I'm guessing this guy isn't doing it chronologically, but he needs a geography lesson bad if he thinks thats the most efficient route of hitting all those spots.

Archived