Tigers vs Tigers

saniflush

LINK

Tigers Add Auburn in 2010, 2011

By Staff Report

Posted Jun 28, 2007

Clemson has announced a home-and-home series in football with Auburn in 2010 and 2011.

Just two weeks after a home-and-home series with Pittsburgh was cancelled, Clemson officials have confirmed Auburn has been added to the 2010 and 2011 football schedules.

Ironically, the two schools originally were scheduled to play in 2006 and 2007 before Auburn asked out of the contract in 2003.

At the time, Auburn athletic director David Housel said the reason was strictly for financial considerations. He said the school needed to find seven home games a year to pay for a $30 million stadium renovation.

Clemson will travel to Auburn in 2010 while Auburn will come to Death Valley the following season.

Clemson last faced Auburn in the 1997 Peach Bowl. Auburn won the game 21-17.

The two teams have played each other 44 times, with Auburn leading the seres, 31-11-2.

They also have some ugly a@@ uniforms!

WDE!

Orange and Blue is great

Orange and Green is OK

Orange and Black is cool

Orange and White is decent

BUT......ORANGE AND PURPLE!?!?!?!?!?

No... Orange and Black is HALLOWEEN!!!!!!! BLECH.

Did you know that Clemson's first head coach played and graduated from Auburn. Since he loved it so much...he took a variation of our colors, and our mascot because he loved Auburn so much!!

Link

Slightly off topic...but I didn't think it deserved it's own thread.

Did anyone realize that in 2009 we'll have away games at:

West Virginia

Tennessee

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia?

(assuming what I'm looking at is correct)

Holy crap. And I thought this year's away schedule was bad. Tennessee replaces Florida from this year's away schedule, and West Virginia gets added for giggles. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about adding quality teams like WVU, Kansas St, South Florida, and Clemson. But again, holy crap. That year's going to be a tough one.

West Virginia

Tennessee

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia?

Holy crap. And I thought this year's away schedule was bad. Tennessee replaces Florida from this year's away schedule, and West Virginia gets added for giggles. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about adding quality teams like WVU, Kansas St, South Florida, and Clemson. But again, holy crap. That year's going to be a tough one.

The positive about that schedule is the the qb/rb combo from WVU will be gone

This news just makes my day!!! I hate Clemson and being from South Carolina makes me hate them even more! All this crap talk about how much better the ACC is then the SEC etc. etc. etc. I can't wait for 2010 and 2011!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!

I like seeing this. Like TM, I grew up with this being a yearly game and a great rivalry. I've always thought that we should regularly schedule some ACC teams for our OOC schedule. Clemson and Georgia Tech are two schools that we've got such tradition with and one should be on the schedule every year.

I'm from SC, and my brother graduated from Clemson. It will be great to solidify which Tigers are the best!! WDE!!

West Virginia

Tennessee

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia?

I'd imagine their HC being gone too. He has to realize that WVU is good only because Slaton and White are demi-gods.

And the negative is that Noel Devine should be hitting his stride as their starting RB. He's going to give some defenses fits if he's as good as advertised and stays out of trouble.

Being from Easley, S.C. (the distance to Clemson is about the same as Dadeville), I am hyped about this little series. I grew up in a Clemson house as a Clemson fan, only to be swayed by the running of Bo Jackson and a trip to the 1989 Iron Bowl. After that, I became the "Black Sheep" of the family. Then I sealed the deal when I headed for the Plains instead of going to Clemson.

It will be the first time that I have stepped foot into Memorial Stadium as the enemy. It will be odd to say the least, but I am looking forward to the AU Nation swooping down on our "step child". I can't wait. B)

West Virginia

Tennessee

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia?

Have to beat the best to be the best. If we can't go through a schedule than we don't deserve it anyways.

I'm excited about playing Clemson. Clemson is probably my favorite ACC team, but we'll have to show them what true tigers look like. :au:

Archived