HAHAHAHAHAHA...

BamaGrad03

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The most recent violation stemmed from the Georgia-Auburn game on Nov. 11, 2006, at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Two recruits were on the field with players during pregame activities and appeared on the video board in the stadium.

I was there it was KB.

He looked good standing next to CTT.

:big:

Happy now BG? We'll probably get the death penalty for accidentally showing two recruits on the video board. :rolleyes:

Those are recruiting violations just like the one we had. You don't KNOW how happy I am. All I heard when we reported our MINOR violations is that you guys don't have minor violations.

I stick up for Bama most of the time because I think people over here are a little obssessed. But this is why I continue to HATE Bama and the Bama fans...I mean really BG...look at your title. This is an AUburn board and having a title like shows what kind of an arrogant ass Bama fans can be...

I stick up for Bama most of the time because I think people over here are a little obssessed. But this is why I continue to HATE Bama and the Bama fans...I mean really BG...look at your title. This is an AUburn board and having a title like shows what kind of an arrogant ass Bama fans can be...

Y'all dish it out to him all the time. Too bad most of you can't take it.

After all the crap I've had to put up with the last month? All the holier than thou attitudes I've had to endure? All the people here calling my team a bunch of cheaters...and telling me that Auburn NNNNNEEEVER gets secondary violations?

Please. This wasn't aimed towards you, because you haven't been a total jackass about it. This was for all the people telling me how I pull for a bunch of cheaters and that Auburn does no wrong.

All I tried to do a few weeks ago was say that our violations were minor and that every school gets minor violations. And then I get slammed with people and their pious attitudes about how the "everybody does it" argument doesn't work.

Ok... from my POV, I didn't say that we don't get secondaries because thats stupid. Everyone does... my point during the discussion last month was that yours AREN"T really 2ndary...

Showing a recruit on a video board and a mix up in a billing system is peanuts compared to illegally flying a 'cruit in a plane with his mom. From my research that is bordering on a major violation...Consult previous thread for substantiating evidence...

Ok... from my POV, I didn't say that we don't get secondaries because thats stupid. Everyone does... my point during the discussion last month was that yours AREN"T really 2ndary...

Showing a recruit on a video board and a mix up in a billing system is peanuts compared to illegally flying a 'cruit in a plane with his mom. From my research that is bordering on a major violation...Consult previous thread for substantiating evidence...

Whether that violation is deemed minor or not, is immaterial. You guys were giving me the holier than thou attitude before those were reported...when the only thing reported was Saban's BRIEF encounter with the kid in Florida.

And if the shoe was on the other foot, you know good and well you guys wouldn't poo poo the $3400 "mistake" away like you are now.

Y'all dish it out to him all the time. Too bad most of you can't take it.

Oh we can take it!! What I am wondering is how you guys can even compare the violations as similar. Look and compare the violations:

UAT’s violations reported:

On Dec. 7, 2006, UA reported a booster had an impermissible contact with a prospective student-athlete during a game in a skybox area. This violated a bylaw that states, among other things, that such meetings cannot include more than a greeting. At the time of the episode, Mike Shula was still UA's coach.

In the Jan. 26, 2007, violation, an Alabama graduate assistant provided round-trip transportation for a recruit's mother and a family friend for a recruit's official visit to campus. NCAA rules state that a school cannot transport friends, relatives, or legal guardians for an official visit.

In the violation reported on Feb. 7, 2007, a booster had an in-person contact with a prospect at his high school. The booster, who provided the recruit with a book on the history of Alabama football, was sent a letter of reprimand.

Auburn’s violations reported:

The most recent violation stemmed from the Georgia-Auburn game on Nov. 11, 2006, at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Two recruits were on the field with players during pregame activities and appeared on the video board in the stadium.

Recruits are usually corralled on the sidelines and closely monitored. Auburn's report said the incident stemmed from a communication breakdown by staff members. Auburn also said the appearance of the prospective student-athletes on the video board was not directed by any staff member.

In response, the university modified the way in which recruits enter and exit the stadium.

In March 2006, an Auburn football coach violated NCAA bylaws by serving as the keynote speaker at a fund-raiser for an undisclosed high school athletics program.

Auburn's report said the coach believed that other coaches had participated in the banquet in the past. Because the coach failed to consult with Auburn's compliance staff before speaking at the fund-raiser, he was issued a letter of admonishment.

A football player was forced to repay the university $3,476 after improperly obtaining room-and-board checks during a semester in which he was on academic suspension.

The player received two checks during the spring semester of 2006 before the error was noticed. The unidentified student-athlete was declared ineligible, and the university did not seek to have his eligibility reinstated.

All these violations reported by both schools may indeed be found "secondary" and nothing may come of it from the NCAA but the differences in the violations are very distinct and reveal a difference in the programs. The UAT violations all involve Boosters or faculty communicating and paying for expenses of recruits. All of Auburn's violations appear to be very honest mistakes stemming from accounting errors and the logistics of running a major program. With all the violations at UAT involving boosters, there is the major difference.

WDE!! :au:

Your's involve improper payment to a player of $3,400

You could have gone about it a less obnoxious way....

And for the record...the violations are not even comparable IMHO...

I concur. I could have. Maybe even should have. And for the people who weren't total holier than thou buttholes to me, I apolgize for being so brazen.

Let me see.

1) Everybody does it.

2) Nobody cares.

3) Yours will be seen as worse later on.

Did I do good BG?

Let me see.

1) Everybody does it.

2) Nobody cares.

3) Yours will be seen as worse later on.

Did I do good BG?

That wasn't viable 3 weeks ago. It isn't viable now.

And notice the problem was rectified. You guys cannot seem to get a grip on rectifying yours. UAT needs to get control over their boosters before the program no longer exists. Auburn has learned this lesson the hard way in the past. You guys just don't seem to learn. Your boosters continue to jeopardize your program.

And notice the problem was rectified. You guys cannot seem to get a grip on rectifying yours. UAT needs to get control over their boosters before the program no longer exists. Auburn has learned this lesson the hard way in the past. You guys just don't seem to learn. Your boosters continue to jeopardize your program.

Well, we would have returned the flight to tuscaloosa on the private jet...and made him refly commercial. But we couldn't do that.

And give me a break about the booster contact. The booster didn't give him any money. And booster is such a grey area. He could have been signing an autograph for a kid who's dad happens to give money to the school. You don't know what happened.

So don't demonize every move Bama makes, and marginalize everything AU does that is in the same vein.

You could have gone about it a less obnoxious way....

And for the record...the violations are not even comparable IMHO...

I concur. I could have. Maybe even should have. And for the people who weren't total holier than thou buttholes to me, I apolgize for being so brazen.

I did not mind the name of the thread. BG's a passionate fan of his team and is a regular on here. If it were some other Bama poster, not a regular, then I would have taken offense.

Well, we would have returned the flight to tuscaloosa on the private jet...and made him refly commercial. But we couldn't do that.

And give me a break about the booster contact. The booster didn't give him any money. And booster is such a grey area. He could have been signing an autograph for a kid who's dad happens to give money to the school. You don't know what happened.

So don't demonize every move Bama makes, and marginalize everything AU does that is in the same vein.

Not marginalizing. All your violations involve boosters or faculty recruiting or paying recruits expenses. That is a major difference.

Not marginalizing. All your violations involve boosters or faculty recruiting or paying recruits expenses. That is a major difference.

And you guys paid a guy $3400. That's all I'm saying. If you can poo poo yours, we can ours.

And you guys paid a guy $3400. That's all I'm saying. If you can poo poo yours, we can ours.

Paid a guy? That was suspended and whom we didn't seek to get reinstated? Who accidentally continued to get room and board checks that athletes normally get?

BG, c'mon. I've stayed out of this fray because it's been a silly argument. But you know better than this. A guy continued to get his room and board checks after being suspended. When it was discovered, he was forced to pay it back. We never sought to even keep the guy on the team.

Has you guy reimbursed anyone for the plane ride? is he still eligible? I'm just sayin'.

You don't seem to get it but heck ill try as well.

No one paid this kid 3400 bucks. The kids got his room and board payment from his scholarship to pay for his residency. He wasn't eligible for that and the money was returned once they found out he got it in error.

The kid had to pay for his room and board in the end.

Getting a flight from a booster and the scholarship fund making a mistake and issueing out money to a kid who is not actively on the team do to his own actions and having to pay that money back is not even CLOSE to the same thing.

If the accounting error was key players recieving double payments and the fix was they won't do that again then it would be close.

Has you guy reimbursed anyone for the plane ride?

Yeah he sure did. He signed with them.

You don't seem to get it but heck ill try as well.

No one paid this kid 3400 bucks. The kids got his room and board payment from his scholarship to pay for his residency. He wasn't eligible for that and the money was returned once they found out he got it in error.

The kid had to pay for his room and board in the end.

Getting a flight from a booster and the scholarship fund making a mistake and issueing out money to a kid who is not actively on the team do to his own actions and having to pay that money back is not even CLOSE to the same thing.

If the accounting error was key players recieving double payments and the fix was they won't do that again then it would be close.

Sounds more like an illegal LOAN to me.

What makes your's different from ours is that your violations were turned into the SEC by other programs before you admitted to them. And the NCAA is not going to think paying for a kid's trip to Tusk-a-loser is secondary, even though you guys are trying to put the blame on a GA.

Archived