HAHAHAHAHAHA...

BamaGrad03

So basically you're in idiot BG. I'm sorry.

But seriously... You don't see the difference in a computer error releasing a scholarship check to a student, and then them having to repay and then get their eligibility knixed???????????

You're over here ho-hawing and actually defending your violations over our procedural errors.

Let me make this simple for your simple bammy mind...

Honest procedural errors... Our team.

Concious decisions on the part of football related boosters and facualty... YOUR team.

They might all be infractions, but I don't feel like I have to defend ours like you've had to defend yours.

So, yuck it up, and keep that bag over your head.

AC1....out. You know I've acknowledged the respect for your attitude and writing before BG, but you're slipping fast in my eyes. (as if you care I'm sure.....just sayin...)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically you're in idiot BG. I'm sorry.

But seriously... You don't see the difference in a computer error releasing a scholarship check to a student, and then them having to repay and then get their eligibility knixed???????????

You're over here ho-hawing and actually defending your violations over our procedural errors.

Let me make this simple for your simple bammy mind...

Honest procedural errors... Our team.

Concious decisions on the part of football related boosters and facualty... YOUR team.

They might all be infractions, but I don't feel like I have to defend ours like you've had to defend yours.

So, yuck it up, and keep that bag over your head.

AC1....out. You know I've acknowledged the respect for your attitude and writing before BG, but you're slipping fast in my eyes. (as if you care I'm sure.....just sayin...)

Ok, I can play that game.

Our team: A recruit bumped into the coach while he was visiting the high school. No big deal.

It is ok for schools to pay for recruit travel, so what happened there was just a misunderstanding of the rule.

And a recruit was touring the facility and ran into a guy who he didn't know was a booster.

Your team: Your coach saw the opprotunity to impress Kodi Burns by breaking the rules. He knew it was a minor violation, so the risk reward was in his favor. He used this cheating to gain a distinct advantage over the other schools...who didn't get to spend time with the head coach on the football field.

You gave a student an improper $3400 loan. You knew he was on academic suspension, but you loaned him the money and he didn't have to repay it until it was convienent for him. If this was a mistake, by a computer, then there should be plenty evidence to show that every student ever on academic suspension, still received their money and had to repay it. But since that isn't the case...it is evidence that the coaches used this loophole to give the kid $3400 for a few months.

How can you not see that yours are terrible BLATANT violations and ours were just accidental mishaps?

You see, the fact that you guys always see things this way ...100% of the time...shows your blatant homerism. When ever similar situations come up between the schools...it is always the absolute worst case scenario for what happens with Alabama. And it is always the rosiest of rose garden scenarios for what happened at Auburn.

Auburn: Always a misunderstanding when rules are broken

Alabama: Always something sinister going on

Glad we got that straight.

Re: The other thread in which I requested two links, and you only responded to the joke.

Those are recruiting violations just like the one we had. You don't KNOW how happy I am. All I heard when we reported our MINOR violations is that you guys don't have minor violations.

Link?

You guys were saying we should be on probation for just the little thing with Saban and that kid.

Link?

And yeah...we tried to pay a kid we don't even want on the team... :roflol:

Where did anyone said that Auburn never commits MINOR violations (such as these insignificant obviously honest mistakes) ever?

Also where did someone demand probation for the little kid thing?

yeah, i believe you were the one that said "Is it beyond you that we actually run a clean program?" when i mentioned that i couldn't wait until AU reported their secondaries....

Why can't you guys grasp this concept that your three violations ≠ our violations.

For starters, you were on probation when these violations occured. You're staring down the barrel of the gun with the NCAA and you blatantly show contempt for their rules.

Besides that obvious fact, a coach giving a keynote speech, a cameraman putting a kid on the jumbotron during a game, and a payroll glitch in which a kid whom we did not reinstate his scholarship accidentally continued to get two more checks, both of which were returned as soon as the error was noticed IS NOT comparable flagrant obvious disregard for the rules such as a BOOSTER giving a RECRUIT a book on the history of Alabama (probably lined with a few dead presidents), a BOOSTER bringing a RECRUIT into the skybox, and a GA (yeah right) providing round trip airfare for a RECRUIT's family during his RECRUITING visit.

Why can't you guys grasp this concept that your three violations ≠ our violations.

For starters, you were on probation when these violations occured. You're staring down the barrel of the gun with the NCAA and you blatantly show contempt for their rules.

Besides that obvious fact, a coach giving a keynote speech, a cameraman putting a kid on the jumbotron during a game, and a payroll glitch in which a kid whom we did not reinstate his scholarship accidentally continued to get two more checks, both of which were returned as soon as the error was noticed IS NOT comparable flagrant obvious disregard for the rules such as a BOOSTER giving a RECRUIT a book on the history of Alabama (probably lined with a few dead presidents), a BOOSTER bringing a RECRUIT into the skybox, and a GA (yeah right) providing round trip airfare for a RECRUIT's family during his RECRUITING visit.

Translation: We NEVER break any rules intentionally. Alabama not only breaks the rules, but pays every recruit they see.

Your post is a PERFECT example of what I'm talking about. Not only did you get us for the book, but you automatically assume there was money in there. But everything that AU got in trouble for had nothing but honorable intentions behind it.

You gave a student an improper $3400 loan. You knew he was on academic suspension, but you loaned him the money and he didn't have to repay it until it was convienent for him. If this was a mistake, by a computer, then there should be plenty evidence to show that every student ever on academic suspension, still received their money and had to repay it. But since that isn't the case...it is evidence that the coaches used this loophole to give the kid $3400 for a few months.

The funniest thing about this whole thing is that you actually believe there is incentive for the Auburn University football program to give money to a kid who we decided to rescind his scholarship. :roflol:

Your post is a PERFECT example of what I'm talking about. Not only did you get us for the book, but you automatically assume there was money in there. But everything that AU got in trouble for had nothing but honorable intentions behind it.

Tell me again what's honorable about a new kitchen and free trips to T-town? Comparing our two team's voilations is like apples and oranges.

The funniest thing about this whole thing is that you actually believe there is incentive for the Auburn University football program to give money to a kid who we decided to rescind his scholarship. :roflol:

It was obviously hush money to keep him from going to the press with all the other things AU was doing wrong.

Translation: We NEVER break any rules intentionally. Alabama not only breaks the rules, but pays every recruit they see.

You're right. A payroll glitch that benefited a walk-on and was immediately rectified is obviously malicious, but paying for a recruit's airfare is a simple mistake.

Shouldn't $aban know the rules a little better after all that money you're paying him?

Ok, I can play that game.

Maybe but not very well.

Our team: A recruit bumped into the coach while he was visiting the high school. No big deal.

You're right...if it had ended there, but Saban took the opportunity to tell him how he was the type of athlete he was looking for at Alabama, and made enough impression on the kid for him to bring it up in an interview a week later.

Next...

It is ok for schools to pay for recruit travel, so what happened there was just a misunderstanding of the rule.

And a recruit was touring the facility and ran into a guy who he didn't know was a booster.

HAHA....I love it. Gotta hate it when that happens. Gotta love when the boosters are just aimlessly, blindly walking about.....bumping into recruits of all people. :rolleyes:

I hear ya though...let's keep trying as if we're really that stupid....

Your team: Your coach saw the opprotunity to impress Kodi Burns by breaking the rules. He knew it was a minor violation, so the risk reward was in his favor. He used this cheating to gain a distinct advantage over the other schools...who didn't get to spend time with the head coach on the football field.

MY GOD!!! A RECRUIT got 5 seconds on the BIG BOARD ON ACCIDENT!!!!!!! THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!! Where is there any direct connection between this and our coaching staff...

I mean, he wasn't coming to Auburn, but then... The big glowing burst of digital bliss fell upon him on that rainy crappy day in Jordan-Hare on the big screen, and all in the world suddenly came into focus for young Kodi.

Link???? Can you?? I'm thinking this is just another one of those "Ummm...Okay..I'm assuming again" statements you're becoming so famous for.

It doesn't happen EVERYTIME Captain Smartypants.... But, if you think it was a loan, and can't see it as a clear mistake...then you polish up those rosey crimson colored spectacles of yours and keep pumpin' out the perceptions!

How can you not see that yours are terrible BLATANT violations and ours were just accidental mishaps?

I just smile, knowing you think this is somehow some smart "reverse" psycology thing or something... It's really just plainly stupid...

You see, the fact that you guys always see things this way ...100% of the time...shows your blatant homerism.

Auburn homerism?!?!?!?! ON AN AUBURN BOARD!?!?!?!?! NO WAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Please...keep crying though....

When ever similar situations come up between the schools...it is always the absolute worst case scenario for what happens with Alabama. And it is always the rosiest of rose garden scenarios for what happened at Auburn.

Did these articles describing the incidents come out of the Plainsman paper or something? I thought it was the newspaper... Hmmm....

I think the differences are pretty clear....

Naw...we have our time in the NCAA penalty box to show when it wasn't a "misunderstanding"... We were just smart enough to knock it off when we know everyone would be gunning for us... eh hem.....

Naw...more like a big ol' dumb dog that keeps trying to walk through the glass sliding door. Funny to watch, but eventually there's damage.

Please though....keep trying... This is fun!! :roflol::roflol:

it wasn't that he was put up on the jumbotron that is so much the violation, that was just like the "DUH" of the violation. the meat of that violation is that the recruit was on the field with the players during pregame.

as far as the check to the player, i think why some people raise an eyebrow is because AU just came off of probation for paying a basketball player and his sports agent. uh-oh, i wonder if that violation happened while AU was still on probation?? just so you know, it doesn't matter if its different sports either. if one sport is on probation for a major violation that is still held against every other sport of the university.

BamaGrad03: Ok, I can play that game.

auburnchopper1: Maybe but not very well.

BamaGrad03: Our team: A recruit bumped into the coach while he was visiting the high school. No big deal.

auburnchopper1: You're right...if it had ended there, but Saban took the opportunity to tell him how he was the type of athlete he was looking for at Alabama, and made enough impression on the kid for him to bring it up in an interview a week later.

Next...

BamaGrad03: It is ok for schools to pay for recruit travel, so what happened there was just a misunderstanding of the rule.

auburnchopper1: HAHA....I love it. Gotta hate it when that happens. Gotta love when the boosters are just aimlessly, blindly walking about.....bumping into recruits of all people. :rolleyes:

I hear ya though...let's keep trying as if we're really that stupid....

BamaGrad03: Your team: Your coach saw the opprotunity to impress Kodi Burns by breaking the rules. He knew it was a minor violation, so the risk reward was in his favor. He used this cheating to gain a distinct advantage over the other schools...who didn't get to spend time with the head coach on the football field.

auburnchopper1: MY GOD!!! A RECRUIT got 5 seconds on the BIG BOARD ON ACCIDENT!!!!!!! THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!! Where is there any direct connection between this and our coaching staff...

I mean, he wasn't coming to Auburn, but then... The big glowing burst of digital bliss fell upon him on that rainy crappy day in Jordan-Hare on the big screen, and all in the world suddenly came into focus for young Kodi.

Link???? Can you?? I'm thinking this is just another one of those "Ummm...Okay..I'm assuming again" statements you're becoming so famous for.

BamaGrad03: You gave a student an improper $3400 loan. You knew he was on academic suspension, but you loaned him the money and he didn't have to repay it until it was convienent for him. If this was a mistake, by a computer, then there should be plenty evidence to show that every student ever on academic suspension, still received their money and had to repay it. But since that isn't the case...it is evidence that the coaches used this loophole to give the kid $3400 for a few months.

auburnchopper1: It doesn't happen EVERYTIME Captain Smartypants.... But, if you think it was a loan, and can't see it as a clear mistake...then you polish up those rosey crimson colored spectacles of yours and keep pumpin' out the perceptions!

BamaGrad03: I just smile, knowing you think this is somehow some smart "reverse" psycology thing or something... It's really just plainly stupid...

You see, the fact that you guys always see things this way ...100% of the time...shows your blatant homerism.

auburnchopper1: Auburn homerism?!?!?!?! ON AN AUBURN BOARD!?!?!?!?! NO WAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Please...keep crying though....

BamaGrad03: When ever similar situations come up between the schools...it is always the absolute worst case scenario for what happens with Alabama. And it is always the rosiest of rose garden scenarios for what happened at Auburn.

auburnchopper1: Did these articles describing the incidents come out of the Plainsman paper or something? I thought it was the newspaper... Hmmm....

I think the differences are pretty clear....

BamaGrad03: Auburn: Always a misunderstanding when rules are broken

auburnchopper1: Naw...we have our time in the NCAA penalty box to show when it wasn't a "misunderstanding"... We were just smart enough to knock it off when we know everyone would be gunning for us... eh hem.....

Naw...more like a big ol' dumb dog that keeps trying to walk through the glass sliding door. Funny to watch, but eventually there's damage.

Please though....keep trying... This is fun!! :roflol::roflol:

I know who I'm voting for next time the award for "Best New Poster" is up for grabs.

Edit: Why did my quote boxes mess up? I didn't even alter the quotation at all.

* I tried to fix it, but something was wrong with the

... and now my brain hurts. It is legible now. AWK

I know who I'm voting for when the "Worst Grasp of How to Properly Use the Quote Function" is up for grabs.

it wasn't that he was put up on the jumbotron that is so much the violation, that was just like the "DUH" of the violation. the meat of that violation is that the recruit was on the field with the players during pregame.

Wow... Eeeeasy with the "DUH's!".... :rolleyes: Let's not crack open the "DUH" factor of our violations box....

as far as the check to the player, i think why some people raise an eyebrow is because AU just came off of probation for paying a basketball player and his sports agent. uh-oh, i wonder if that violation happened while AU was still on probation?? just so you know, it doesn't matter if its different sports either. if one sport is on probation for a major violation that is still held against every other sport of the university.

You can buy a nice set of nail clippers and cleaners for less than a dollar. I know you've got a lot of *blank* under your fingernails to clean out.

Good luck with that.

Seriously.... I think this is a great debate... It's showing the very clear differences between our fanbases. :thumbsup:

I know who I'm voting for when the "Worst Grasp of How to Properly Use the Quote Function" is up for grabs.

Read the edit. Fix it for me then, wiseass.

Is there like a maximum number of quotes allowed within quotes or something?

I know who I'm voting for next time the award for "Best New Poster" is up for grabs.

:thumbsup:B)

Naaahh, he has a ghost writer. Actually, the real Chopper is at home, sunning on the back deck with a cold Bud.

:thumbsup:B)

Naaahh, he has a ghost writer. Actually, the real Chopper is at home, sunning on the back deck with a cold Bud.

That's right. In the new tall, aluminum "stay cold" can/ bottles!.... 'cause that's how I roll.

:thumbsup::P

Psst... I'm actually IN Tuscaloosa right now on business.... Just got in a while ago from Jackson, MS. First time I've actually had to come here to meet with clients.

Wow... Eeeeasy with the "DUH's!".... :rolleyes: Let's not crack open the "DUH" factor of our violations box....

You can buy a nice set of nail clippers and cleaners for less than a dollar. I know you've got a lot of *blank* under your fingernails to clean out.

Good luck with that.

Seriously.... I think this is a great debate... It's showing the very clear differences between our fanbases. :thumbsup:

wow, you completely proved my point wrong, didn't you? just so you know, AU was still on probation when that violation occured. and if you don't believe me that it doesn't matter if its different sports, you should read the NCAA bylaws.

wow, you completely proved my point wrong, didn't you? just so you know, AU was still on probation when that violation occured. and if you don't believe me that it doesn't matter if its different sports, you should read the NCAA bylaws.

Easy killer. I don't doubt what you said was right.....if the "mistake" that happend was intentional.

However, it was clearly not, and therefore, as you're seeing...there's nothing to it, and there won't be anything to it, other than it getting reported.

You go on your little crusade and try to blow up this infraction if you want. Forgive me if I find your pursuit a little unfounded and humorous.

Just having fun with you.

Don't get angry.

(extending handshake....) :thumbsup:

Easy killer. I don't doubt what you said was right.....if the "mistake" that happend was intentional.

However, it was clearly not, and therefore, as you're seeing...there's nothing to it, and there won't be anything to it, other than it getting reported.

You go on your little crusade and try to blow up this infraction if you want. Forgive me if I find your pursuit a little unfounded and humorous.

Just having fun with you.

Don't get angry.

(extending handshake....) :thumbsup:

not exactly trying to "blow up" the infraction, because i don't really see it as a huge deal. i'm applying the same line of thinking that alot of AU folks apply to anything that happens at bama. but, how do you REALLY know it was a mistake? how is it "clearly" a mistake? nobody really knows, except maybe the people who are in charge of issuing the checks. unless you are one of those people, you honestly can't say it was clearly a mistake.

Good luck with that.

Yes it is showing the differences. It is once again proving the theory that there are more fans of UAT football that did not attend the university for which they pull than Auburn fans. Or at least that's what these posts are beginning to show. :poke:

not exactly trying to "blow up" the infraction, because i don't really see it as a huge deal. i'm applying the same line of thinking that alot of AU folks apply to anything that happens at bama. but, how do you REALLY know it was a mistake? how is it "clearly" a mistake? nobody really knows, except maybe the people who are in charge of issuing the checks. unless you are one of those people, you honestly can't say it was clearly a mistake.

Sure he can. It's a mistake when it happens at Auburn. It's blatant cheating when it happens at Alabama.

Yes it is showing the differences. It is once again proving the theory that there are more fans of UAT football that did not attend the university for which they pull than Auburn fans. Or at least that's what these posts are beginning to show.

Uh, I graduated from Alabama. And why does attendance at any university make you a better fan?

Fine...tell ya what. I'll leave it to those people to make those decisions on right and wrong, and also the severity of the infractions. They don't, and probably arent' going to call me for my input.

So, since you clearly think that the best way to handle your contribution to this thread is to bake a cake out of fly poo... Then you call and arrange an interview with those involved, and really dig to the heart of the matter sissorman.

Report your findings. We'll be interested in your information. Good luck! :)

Till then...

Moving on....

Fine...tell ya what. I'll leave it to those people to make those decisions on right and wrong, and also the severity of the infractions. They don't, and probably arent' going to call me for my input.

So, since you clearly think that the best way to handle your contribution to this thread is to bake a cake out of fly poo... Then you call and arrange an interview with those involved, and really dig to the heart of the matter sissorman.

Report your findings. We'll be interested in your information. Good luck!

Till then...

Moving on....

I think his point is that you can't assume that it was an honest mistake, just like you can't assume it was intentional. The problem is, you are, absolving Auburn of any wrongdoing because it was an "honest mistake"...at the same time accusing Alabama of secondary infractions that were blatant cheating.

We can't report "findings" on the intentions at Auburn any more than we can at Alabama. You choose to assign intention based on who's football team you favor. And that's bias in its purest form.

Archived