HAHAHAHAHAHA...

BamaGrad03

Do camera operators at football games get briefed on who they are NOT to show on camera during a game? And do they have a photo lineup card in front of them at all times so they can distinguish who not to show? Does the athletic department even control the camera operators? Who are these people? Employees of the university?

Give me a break. Next thing, every camera will have to have a Secret Service sniper spotter sitting next to them scanning the crowd.

Comparing this to boosters meeting with kids in skyboxes is apples and oranges.

the problem was that the KB was on the field with the players and coaches during pre-game, which they were not supposed to be. that's the rule that was violated. its just that the proof was in the pudding when his face showed up on the jumbotron is all. in the future maybe if you guys are going to break that rule maybe you SHOULD have briefngs for the camera operators not to show them :) i'm just kidding though, its still not that big of a deal.

Just a question for our ever-vigilant Bama fans on the board:

In response to the violations that Auburn reported, there was also a 'fix' - i.e., the recruits on the field meant that we changed the way we let the recruits enter and exit the stadium. The coach that spoke at the dinner was issued a letter of admonishment for not consulting with the compliance office before he went there. The 2 misappropriated checks to the student-athlete were handled by changing the way those are processed, and making him pay back the money immediately upon discovery of the mistake.

The question is, what is Alabama going to do to resolve/punish the inappropriate behavior for their violations? Anyone? Anyone?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question is, what is Alabama going to do to resolve/punish the inappropriate behavior for their violations? Anyone? Anyone?

OOh. Me! me! me! me! (hand in air)

menu_ice_cream_cone.jpg

In response to the violations that Auburn reported, there was also a 'fix' - i.e., the recruits on the field meant that we changed the way we let the recruits enter and exit the stadium. The coach that spoke at the dinner was issued a letter of admonishment for not consulting with the compliance office before he went there. The 2 misappropriated checks to the student-athlete were handled by changing the way those are processed, and making him pay back the money immediately upon discovery of the mistake.

How is anyone supposed to answer that question? Wait, I'll get in my time machine and look forward the next 5-6 years and make sure Saban has made sure to avoid talking to kids at schools during the no talk period.

While I'm there, I'll interview every GA that works for UA for the next 5 years and make sure they vowed to make sure they check with compliance before they arrange for recruit travel.

And I'll interview every booster who's alive and see what their thoughts are on running into recruits during stadium tours.

Your AU "fixes" are a joke. The way they enter and exit the stadium? Are you freaking kidding me? Kodi entered the stadium like the other 150 recruits did that day. It had nothing to do with how he entered the stadium. What "fixes" has AU done to ensure that no coach will ever speak at a high school keynote address ever again? You don't know of any fixes, because it's impossible to know. And please, explain to me the intricate workings of the check processing system that were "fixed" to avoid future snafus?

Man your post was a bunch of BS. That's what I'm talking about with the holier than thou attitude. You didn't describe any fixes. Just a bunch of crap...I could say the same generic junk about what UA is doing to "correct" the problem.

Do camera operators at football games get briefed on who they are NOT to show on camera during a game? And do they have a photo lineup card in front of them at all times so they can distinguish who not to show? Does the athletic department even control the camera operators? Who are these people? Employees of the university?

Give me a break. Next thing, every camera will have to have a Secret Service sniper spotter sitting next to them scanning the crowd.

Comparing this to boosters meeting with kids in skyboxes is apples and oranges.

the problem was that the KB was on the field with the players and coaches during pre-game, which they were not supposed to be. that's the rule that was violated. its just that the proof was in the pudding when his face showed up on the jumbotron is all. in the future maybe if you guys are going to break that rule maybe you SHOULD have briefngs for the camera operators not to show them :) i'm just kidding though, its still not that big of a deal.

well, since i'm not employed by the school and i am not in the loop, i have no idea. my crystal ball is busted, sorry. i would doubt they would just say "we're not going to do anything about it". but i am sure that everyone here will surmise whatever they wish. i'm sure anything to do with an ice cream cone will be towards the top of the list.

however, on a more serious note, i would personally like to see the word "booster" and "Alabama" stop showing up in the same sentence in any infraction. with our past trouble, it just doesn't look good even if there is nothing going on. it just gives people ammunition.

How is anyone supposed to answer that question? Wait, I'll get in my time machine and look forward the next 5-6 years and make sure Saban has made sure to avoid talking to kids at schools during the no talk period.

While I'm there, I'll interview every GA that works for UA for the next 5 years and make sure they vowed to make sure they check with compliance before they arrange for recruit travel.

And I'll interview every booster who's alive and see what their thoughts are on running into recruits during stadium tours.

Your AU "fixes" are a joke. The way they enter and exit the stadium? Are you freaking kidding me? Kodi entered the stadium like the other 150 recruits did that day. It had nothing to do with how he entered the stadium. What "fixes" has AU done to ensure that no coach will ever speak at a high school keynote address ever again? You don't know of any fixes, because it's impossible to know. And please, explain to me the intricate workings of the check processing system that were "fixed" to avoid future snafus?

Man your post was a bunch of BS. That's what I'm talking about with the holier than thou attitude. You didn't describe any fixes. Just a bunch of crap...I could say the same generic junk about what UA is doing to "correct" the problem.

Well, for example, I would think that the booster in the skybox would have 1.) Lost the use of the skyboxs this season or 2.) been reprimanded in another 'official' kind of way. For the inappropriate travel, how about making the recruit's family pay it back, and telling openly how much it cost? Those would seem to be in line with our self-imposed 'punishments'. What would you do if you were in charge? Would you be more or less lenient than Shula was, since you brought him up in an indirect way?

edit - sorry, that was RWS that brought up the ice cream cone.

Well, for example, I would think that the booster in the skybox would have 1.) Lost the use of the skyboxs this season or 2.) been reprimanded in another 'official' kind of way. For the inappropriate travel, how about making the recruit's family pay it back, and telling openly how much it cost? Those would seem to be in line with our self-imposed 'punishments'. What would you do if you were in charge? Would you be more or less lenient than Shula was, since you brought him up in an indirect way?

edit - sorry, that was RWS that brought up the ice cream cone.

Honestly, I would do whatever the NCAA recommended. Not an ounce more. Why go out of your way to bring undue heat on your program for MINOR violations?

Again, Auburn's "fixes" are nothing but rhetoric. Their system isn't broken. They didn't do anything massively wrong to require an overhaul of their system. Just like Alabama. If what the booster did causes us to lose scholarships, that's one thing. But otherwise, I don't see a point in telling everyone publicly "yes we chewed his ass out for getting us in trouble". What's the point?

Honestly, I would do whatever the NCAA recommended. Not an ounce more. Why go out of your way to bring undue heat on your program for MINOR violations?

Again, Auburn's "fixes" are nothing but rhetoric. Their system isn't broken. They didn't do anything massively wrong to require an overhaul of their system. Just like Alabama. If what the booster did causes us to lose scholarships, that's one thing. But otherwise, I don't see a point in telling everyone publicly "yes we chewed his ass out for getting us in trouble". What's the point?

I would say, the point would be to help ensure that other boosters would heed the 'warning shot across the bow' by the university. It might negate future problems of a potentially more serious nature by other boosters, don't you think?

It's simply about being up front and proactive about what goes on in your program. The NCAA rule book is about 800 Bwazillion pages long (TIS, I looked that one up too. "Bwazillion" is also a universally accepted description that depicts...A LOT)

There will always be violations of some sort, most of which will be minor if a program is trying to do it the right way. There will also be some who will push the envelope. Either way, when it comes to a school's attention that rules have been broken, my opinion is to do exactly what Auburn has done. They've said, "Okay, here it is. We made these mistakes. We own up to them and HERE'S WHAT WE'VE DONE AND ARE DOING TO MAKE SURE THEY DON'T HAPPEN AGAIN."

They're not laughing it off and saying well, they're just minor, insignificant annoyances.

It's simply about being up front and proactive about what goes on in your program. The NCAA rule book is about 800 Bwazillion pages long (TIS, I looked that one up too. "Bwazillion" is also a universally accepted description that depicts...A LOT)

There will always be violations of some sort, most of which will be minor if a program is trying to do it the right way. There will also be some who will push the envelope. Either way, when it comes to a school's attention that rules have been broken, my opinion is to do exactly what Auburn has done. They've said, "Okay, here it is. We made these mistakes. We own up to them and HERE'S WHAT WE'VE DONE AND ARE DOING TO MAKE SURE THEY DON'T HAPPEN AGAIN."

They're not laughing it off and saying well, they're just minor, insignificant annoyances.

And I think by us self reporting said violations...just like AU...we are saying Okay, here it is, we made these mistakes.

But I think any "here's what we are doing" type situations...are either A) Not going to be announced to the public. Or B...just don't matter because it's all hot air.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but where was Auburn's press conference to announce the "changes" they've made to ensure that these infractions never take place again?

Archived