HAHAHAHAHAHA...

BamaGrad03

Sounds more like an illegal LOAN to me.

The only illegal loan I know of is the borrowed time ya'll are on.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your's involve improper payment to a player of $3,400

And notice the problem was rectified. You guys cannot seem to get a grip on rectifying yours. UAT needs to get control over their boosters before the program no longer exists. Auburn has learned this lesson the hard way in the past. You guys just don't seem to learn. Your boosters continue to jeopardize your program.

Well, we would have returned the flight to tuscaloosa on the private jet...and made him refly commercial. But we couldn't do that.

And give me a break about the booster contact. The booster didn't give him any money. And booster is such a grey area. He could have been signing an autograph for a kid who's dad happens to give money to the school. You don't know what happened.

So don't demonize every move Bama makes, and marginalize everything AU does that is in the same vein.

I don't know about ya'll but I have always dreamed of getting a boosters autograph. :no:

lol illegal loan... priceless... you can't really believe that you're just trying to make a point. I get it...

Face it...when you opened the paper today you got all excited and were thinking to yourself "Yes! this is it! Time to show those Aubies"... and then you started reading and your heart sank as you realized the violations in there are trite and meaningless but you still had to come on here just to say "well if it were us you'd say the same thing!"

lol illegal loan... priceless... you can't really believe that you're just trying to make a point. I get it...

Face it...when you opened the paper today you got all excited and were thinking to yourself "Yes! this is it! Time to show those Aubies"... and then you started reading and your heart sank as you realized the violations in there are trite and meaningless but you still had to come on here just to say "well if it were us you'd say the same thing!"

The headline said "Secondary" violations...just like Bama's were. I don't want AU to get probation. And I don't think anything they've done is sinister. But I did get a grin when I saw it...because I remember just how many people here told me that "Auburn doesn't get secondary violations". I remember all of you with your holier than thou attitude BASED SOLELY ON THE BRIEF INTERACTION OF SABAN AND THE KID AT HIS HIGH SCHOOL. You can argue all day long about plane rides and stuff. But ya'lls attitude was prevalent well before any of that came out. You guys were saying we should be on probation for just the little thing with Saban and that kid.

And if you think THAT violation is any worse than what AU is guilty of...then you really have blinders on.

And if you think THAT violation is any worse than what AU is guilty of...then you really have blinders on.

By "that" you mean the contact?

The headline said "Secondary" violations...just like Bama's were. I don't want AU to get probation. And I don't think anything they've done is sinister. But I did get a grin when I saw it...because I remember just how many people here told me that "Auburn doesn't get secondary violations". I remember all of you with your holier than thou attitude BASED SOLELY ON THE BRIEF INTERACTION OF SABAN AND THE KID AT HIS HIGH SCHOOL. You can argue all day long about plane rides and stuff. But ya'lls attitude was prevalent well before any of that came out. You guys were saying we should be on probation for just the little thing with Saban and that kid.

Yeah, I agree...people on here are rediculous sometimes... none of bama's secondary violations were really much of anything...

but seriously... that plane ride is a horse of a different color

Those are recruiting violations just like the one we had. You don't KNOW how happy I am. All I heard when we reported our MINOR violations is that you guys don't have minor violations.

Link?

You guys were saying we should be on probation for just the little thing with Saban and that kid.

Link?

And yeah...we tried to pay a kid we don't even want on the team... :roflol:

you all really need to put this event into perspective looking at it from BS's POV.

he's a bama fan who has to view the last "good iron bowl" from an era that was 4 coaches ago.

his obsession with auburn runs so deep that not even the slightest slight can go unchallenged.

he is so PC that he thinks bias should not play a role in our postings on an Auburn board,

and when he finally gets to gloat about something, this is how he chooses to do it.

It's amazing that the bama faithful have managed to cultivate and breed all those wonderful traits we endured during the 70s into their new crop of fans who weren't around then. Cousin Dennis...is that you?

you all really need to put this event into perspective looking at it from BS's POV.

he's a bama fan who has to view the last "good iron bowl" from an era that was 4 coaches ago.

his obsession with auburn runs so deep that not even the slightest slight can go unchallenged.

he is so PC that he thinks bias should not play a role in our postings on an Auburn board,

and when he finally gets to gloat about something, this is how he chooses to do it.

It's amazing that the bama faithful have managed to cultivate and breed all those wonderful traits we endured during the 70s into their new crop of fans who weren't around then. Cousin Dennis...is that you?

Yeah, the way you guys have handled things over the last 5 years exude humilty.

Re: The other thread in which I requested two links, and you only responded to the joke.

Those are recruiting violations just like the one we had. You don't KNOW how happy I am. All I heard when we reported our MINOR violations is that you guys don't have minor violations.

Link?

You guys were saying we should be on probation for just the little thing with Saban and that kid.

Link?

Where did anyone said that Auburn never commits MINOR violations (such as these insignificant obviously honest mistakes) ever?

Also where did someone demand probation for the little kid thing?

Yeah, the way you guys have handled things over the last 5 years exude humilty.

Which is worse, the person or group that starts with the unbearable bragging and lording it over another, or the one that returns in kind after the tables have turned? I know it would have been big of us to simply enjoy our "talk to the hand" era quietly and meekly amongst ourselves and pat you guys on the back in a genuinely consoling and understanding manner but, oh well. We decided to, on occasion, give you a taste of what it was like to grow up in the 1970s during the 9-game losing streak. Tough noogies.

Which is worse, the person or group that starts with the unbearable bragging and lording it over another, or the one that returns in kind after the tables have turned? I know it would have been big of us to simply enjoy our "talk to the hand" era quietly and meekly amongst ourselves and pat you guys on the back in a genuinely consoling and understanding manner but, oh well. We decided to, on occasion, give you a taste of what it was like to grow up in the 1970s during the 9-game losing streak. Tough noogies.

Vicious cycle isn't it?

Where did anyone said that Auburn never commits MINOR violations (such as these insignificant obviously honest mistakes) ever?

So when we have a minor violation such as Saban running into a recruit...and I suggest that it is an insignificant, honest mistake...and that every school in the country gets these types of violations...and you then slam me for using the "everybody does it" excuse. You don't think that fits what I'm referring to?

Now you guys are saying the same thing I said 3 months ago. Everyone gets these types of violations. But when I said it after Saban bumped into that kid in Florida, I got blasted for it.

... So when we have a minor violation such as Saban running into a recruit...and I suggest that it is an insignificant, honest mistake...and that every school in the country gets these types of violations...and you then slam me for using the "everybody does it" excuse. You don't think that fits what I'm referring to?

Now you guys are saying the same thing I said 3 months ago. Everyone gets these types of violations. But when I said it after Saban bumped into that kid in Florida, I got blasted for it.

The "inadvertant bumping into a recruit" violation is a ridiculous rule. Stop bringing this up like it's the only violation uat is accused of.

Paying transportation costs for friends and/or family members of recruits is not as benign a secondary violation as you would wish it to be, especially when the violating school is still under probation from other violations. Other schools (including AU) have this violation listed as part of the major infractions database you uatters are so fond of bringing up all the time. I will remind you of your favorite saying on this board: 'you can't have it both ways,' bg. :poke:

The "inadvertant bumping into a recruit" violation is a ridiculous rule. Stop bringing this up like it's the only violation uat is accused of.

Paying transportation costs for friends and/or family members of recruits is not as benign a secondary violation as you would wish it to be, especially when the violating school is still under probation from other violations. Other schools (including AU) have this violation listed as part of the major infractions database you uatters are so fond of bringing up all the time. I will remind you of your favorite saying on this board: 'you can't have it both ways,' bg.

Why do you continuously ignore what I've been saying. I caught all that flack when the "bumping into the recruit" was the only allegation out there. When the story in the south florida paper came out...you guys made a huuuuuuge deal out of it. Like it was some crime against humanity.

Now that you have secondary violations of your own, "everybody has insignificant infractions".

You can't have it both ways.

Paying transportation costs for friends and/or family members of recruits is not as benign a secondary violation as you would wish it to be, especially when the violating school is still under probation from other violations. Other schools (including AU) have this violation listed as part of the major infractions database you uatters are so fond of bringing up all the time. I will remind you of your favorite saying on this board: 'you can't have it both ways,' bg.

Why do you continuously ignore what I've been saying. I caught all that flack when the "bumping into the recruit" was the only allegation out there. When the story in the south florida paper came out...you guys made a huuuuuuge deal out of it. Like it was some crime against humanity.

Now that you have secondary violations of your own, "everybody has insignificant infractions".

Is it just me or is BG absolutely clueless on this. Dang BG your body woke up this morning but your brain needs a kickstart!!

Is it just me or is BG absolutely clueless on this. Dang BG your body woke up this morning but your brain needs a kickstart!!

It's a simple concept. Either you guys did make a big deal out of Saban bumping into that recruit, or you didn't. Even though I suggested it was minor, and schools have stuff like this happen all the time, you guys became all pious and told me I didn't know what I was talking about. And that "everybody does it" isn't a viable excuse.

... So when we have a minor violation such as Saban running into a recruit...and I suggest that it is an insignificant, honest mistake...and that every school in the country gets these types of violations...and you then slam me for using the "everybody does it" excuse. You don't think that fits what I'm referring to?

Paying transportation costs for friends and/or family members of recruits is not as benign a secondary violation as you would wish it to be, especially when the violating school is still under probation from other violations. Other schools (including AU) have this violation listed as part of the major infractions database you uatters are so fond of bringing up all the time. I will remind you of your favorite saying on this board: 'you can't have it both ways,' bg. :poke:

Actually... you are allowed to pay transportation costs for friends/family members of recruits provided that it is a milage reimbursement on a personally owned car. You are not allowed to provide them with commercial airline travel. Only the recruit can recieve commercial airline travel to and from the intitution.

There are a number of possibilites here... 1) The family/friends were provided with airline tickets 2) the family/friends did not accompany the recruit and therefore are not eligible for reimbursement. 3) A booster owned jet was used (as was rumored with Brandon Gibson) 4) The University set up the use of the car etc etc...

Bylaws:

It's a simple concept. Either you guys did make a big deal out of Saban bumping into that recruit, or you didn't. Even though I suggested it was minor, and schools have stuff like this happen all the time, you guys became all pious and told me I didn't know what I was talking about. And that "everybody does it" isn't a viable excuse.

I am not saying anyone on here did'nt. I am just referencing and comparing the 3 violations that have been reported by both schools.

I agree that the Saban bumping into a recruit could be innocent. There is nothing to show otherwise at this point that I am aware of and that particular allegation would not concern me as much as the boosters recruiting for you and the faculty member paying for a recruits transportation.

I am not saying anyone on here did'nt. I am just referencing and comparing the 3 violations that have been reported by both schools.

I agree that the Saban bumping into a recruit could be innocent. There is nothing to show otherwise at this point that I am aware of and that particular allegation would not concern me as much as the boosters recruiting for you and the faculty member paying for a recruits transportation.

So the booster encounter wasn't an innocent encounter. But allowing a player on the field with the coach was?

The way I see it, either everyone gets the benefit of the doubt, or no one does. You can't give AU the benefit of the doubt and not give it to Alabama...just because you are an AU fan.

So the booster encounter wasn't an innocent encounter. But allowing a player on the field with the coach was?

The way I see it, either everyone gets the benefit of the doubt, or no one does. You can't give AU the benefit of the doubt and not give it to Alabama...just because you are an AU fan.

AGAIN:

All these violations reported by both schools may indeed be found "secondary" and nothing may come of it from the NCAA but the differences in the violations are very distinct and reveal a difference in the programs. The UAT violations all involve Boosters or faculty communicating and paying for expenses of recruits. All of Auburn's violations appear to be very honest mistakes stemming from accounting errors and the logistics of running a major program. With all the violations at UAT involving boosters, there is the major difference.

Major differences here!!! What difference? THE BOOSTERS!!!!

You have to keep the BOOSTERS away!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The other thread in which I requested two links, and you only responded to the joke.

Link?

Link?

Also where did someone demand probation for the little kid thing?

yeah, i believe you were the one that said "Is it beyond you that we actually run a clean program?" when i mentioned that i couldn't wait until AU reported their secondaries....

AGAIN:

All these violations reported by both schools may indeed be found "secondary" and nothing may come of it from the NCAA but the differences in the violations are very distinct and reveal a difference in the programs. The UAT violations all involve Boosters or faculty communicating and paying for expenses of recruits. All of Auburn's violations appear to be very honest mistakes stemming from accounting errors and the logistics of running a major program. With all the violations at UAT involving boosters, there is the major difference.

So if a high school player goes up to his friends parent's skybox to watch the game...and one of the people in there is a booster, you think that indicates something is out of control at Alabama?

Or what if they are touring the facilities, and are walking by the skyboxes...and a booster is up there and says hello to the kid? OH MY GOD!!! GIVE THEM THE DEATH PENALTY!!!

AGAIN:

So if a high school player goes up to his friends parent's skybox to watch the game...and one of the people in there is a booster, you think that indicates something is out of control at Alabama?

No, but don't you agree controls should be in place limiting this? And, is that what happened?

Funny, you guys do not mention the paying of commercial travel for a recruit by a faculty member in your responses which is the biggest concern here.

Archived