Shut up you bunch of tattle tales....

DKW 86

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/ks....xml&coll=2

Saban: Hurting each other just hurts the SEC

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Nick Saban has a message for you, the football coaches of the SEC, his colleagues old and new.

Wait. It's not really a message. The new Alabama coach is not going to tell you what to do. He just wants to share his philosophy and hopes you'll see its merits.

He's coming to you in the spirit of collaboration, not competition.

Saban knows some of you cried "Wolf!" when you saw him back on the recruiting trail. He knows some of you have turned him in for what you believe to be violations.

He really wishes you saw things his way.

"We all have to compete against each other," Saban told me last month. "But the more we try to hurt each other, it hurts the league. It really does." Drop Dead-Signed Les Miles

Saban doesn't want to hurt you. He does want to beat you, and if you're Auburn, he wants to dominate you 365 days a year. But don't get your headsets in a twist.

"That's been another one of my pet peeves," he said. "It's not personal."

It's business. In the SEC, you're family.

Can't you all just get along?

It's not like Saban is asking you to do something he's not willing to do himself. Consider his stance on whistle-blowing.

"I don't turn other people in," he said. "I just say, `All right, guys, let's go do our business. This is what we can control. Let's try to go do it the right way and do the best we can."

He cited his relationship with Bill Belichick. Saban coaching the Miami Dolphins against Belichick and the New England Patriots didn't damage their friendship.

"We had to compete against each other 365 days a year, but it never was personal," Saban said. "We talked after every game we played. He was never (ticked) at me. I was never (ticked) at him.

"If we ever had an issue with each other, he would pick up the phone and call me. Or I would pick up the phone and call him. It was kind of a mutual respect."

Look, Saban has been around the blocking sled. He understands that dealing with "issues" man-to-man isn't the way all coaches do business.

In his words, "There's another mindset out there that's always worried about, `Well, this guy did this and that guy did that and let me turn'em in for this and do this and do that.'"

You can take Saban's approach one of two ways. His supporters would say he really does want everybody to get along for the good of the league. His critics would say he wants to get away with as much as possible.

Saban said that while he was with the Dolphins some of the SEC coaches he's again competing against "helped the hell out of me."

"I talked to Tommy (Tuberville) for a long time about drafting Ronnie Brown," he said. "I sat in Phillip Fulmer's office for a long time about drafting Jason Allen.

"I heard a sermon once in church: `Don't burn bridges. Build bridges. It'll always help.' I try to do that all the time."

So, if you think that recruit's workout was an illegal tryout, or if you think that non-contact greeting was a recruiting pitch, don't call the SEC office or NCAA headquarters.

Call Nick Saban. He's sure you can work it out. Kevin Scarbinsky's column appears Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Write him at kscarbinsky@bhamnews.com.

I won't turn you in unless you turn me in.

Kind of like, "When you commit to my program, I won't tolerate you looking around at other programs...but I can look around at kids who already commited to those programs."

And BG, closet bammers like PCChamp and other Bammers, can't understand why he gets jumped on in here.

I really, honestly, truly do NOT believe that CNS realized the situation he's in. Unless he's just a serious boob, he'd cool it on certain subjects, or at least curtail the way he talks about certain subjects. Instead, he approaches these subjects as the HC of a school deemed the most clean, or highest on a ethical pedestal. He needs to understand that he's the HC of a school that is being CLOSELY scrutinized by every fan, league, conference, woman, man, child, dog, cat, fly and roach involved with college athletics. He, nor his university is in a position to preach conference politics.

He just blabs away anyway. Amazing. :no:

Kind of like, "When you commit to my program, I won't tolerate you looking around at other programs...but I can look around at kids who already commited to those programs."

Yeah...CTT NEEEEEVER recruits already commited kids.

yeah but he also doesn't forbid communication with other schools once they committed. Why is it so hard for bama fans to take off the crimson colored glasses and realize that it is hypocritical?

That's NOT what AUChizad said BG. He simply pointed out the clear instruction that Nick Saban decided to tell his recruits through the media for everyone to know, as opposed to the recruits only. I'm sure that he did tell his recruits one on one, which is balsy, but did we really have to have it preached to us "from on high" by Saban....

Okay...we got it buddy. You tell those recruits! You badass you! :rolleyes: It's okay though...it sure gave Bama Nation goosebumps...

CTT hasn't publicly placed the same "demand" or "law" on his recruits... We just hope that once a kid commits to our institution, they've made a firm and happy decision..... That's okay though..

I read this a little while ago and noticed you sitting in here..... waiting.... perched... ready to jump....

It's spin, but please, feel free to give us your fantastic argument you so desperately wanted to unleash on us poor Aubs...

:thumbsup:

Screw the other SEC coaches - he'd better hope Rush Propst doesn't turn him in............. :P

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Watching the hooverUATgate situation is more fun than watching flipper "coach".

I-D-I-O-T.........IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!

yeah but he also doesn't forbid communication with other schools once they committed. Why is it so hard for bama fans to take off the crimson colored glasses and realize that it is hypocritical?

That is why we call them bammers with a lower case "b".

They lack basic comprehension skills, common sense.

My sister went to UAT, NO common sense. Absolutely clueless (I love her anyway, she is my sister). The crazy part is she only made one "B" and all a's for four years at the crapstone.

I'm real proud!!!!

I'd like to see Saban turn Bellichek in for a recruiting violation. Jeez. What an idiot.

If the SEC had a draft, nobody would cheat.

Here's a message for Nick's dumb ass. If you don't want to get turned in, quit cheating.

"Hurting each other just hurts the SEC." Aww, how touching. The guy who bald-face lied about taking the bammie job & then signed the largest HC contract in history with a school that can't compete without cheating is worried that the conference's reputation is going to suffer. Excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I can't wait to hear the 'necks rationalize this line of thinking. They are so far up his butt all they can do is hear what he says & collectively nod their heads in agreement. bammie fans are to $aban what gerbils are to Richard Gere.

I almost feel like this is an article off a FARk thread or something. Did he really say all this? If he did then he's an idiot because isn't he essentially saying..... Hey if you turn me in for cheating it will hurt all the teams, you don't turn me in I want turn you in.

For such a good coach he sure has been acting like an idiot since going to Tuscaloosa. Perhaps it was that kiss when he got off the plane, it put a curse on him. THE KISS OF DEATH.

-Michael

"Hurting each other just hurts the SEC."

I can't wait to see Richt break his foot off in Saban's ass for that low class punk remark he made a couple of months back about all of :uga: 's players being in a bar in Athens.

Yeah bama apologists, he made it!

Karma has a way of knocking the crap out of you when you get all cocky. I guess Nicky found that out back on the 16th and 17th.

Yeah, that happened too.

Really... I guess we may assume then that CNS will never turn in anybody 'cause it's bad for the conference.

What hurts the SEC more, cheating without consequence or being turned in for cheating? But Saban may have found the ultimate cure for crime in this country--if no one reports it, then it never really happened, right? <_<

I bet all the victims rights groups in this country are praying $uitcase will be their spokesman!

Archived