Michael Vick plea

Justin5

Cnn just said that the AJC is reporting Michael Vick is in negotiations to turn in a plea deal. This of course follows the 3 other defendants allows apparently taking the plea deals.

It has been my stance since day one that Vicks ONLY chance of coming out of thing not completly destroyed was to throw himself on the mercy of the court, take the plea deal - then come out publicly and apologize like a human being (no some pre-written statement). Then take all of the money he has and put it towards stopping dog fighting.

Maybe if he can convince the public that the conditions in which he was raised did not teach him that dogfighting was wrong, he can get a second chance. If we have learned one thing, its that our culture will forgive ANYONE if they truly show they are sorry. Its a longshot, but his only shot.

I should add, I am in no way a Vick fan and do not anticipate him ever playing again in the NFL.

The Federal Govn't has Vick by the neck.

Vick would be best served by taking any plea. I think the Feds are going to offer Vick a 3-5 year deal with 2 mandatory years served and 3-4-5 on probation if not longer.

The big deal in this case centers around the racketeering charges. With those, Vick is really, really, REALLY screwed. Vick needs to stay as FAR AWAY as possible from them.

Agreed, the best route for him is a plea. Any idea how many years it'd be? I'm hearing that his only reason for going to trial would be to attack the character of the people that are rolling over on him, but they are his friends, right? How would that help him?

Now he's being sued for "60,000,000,000 Billion" and being acused of befriending Al Qaieda... nice.

The man is trading dogs for missiles.

Embattled NFL quarterback Michael Vick, facing federal charges related to his alleged participation in dogfighting, has been hit with a "$63,000,000,000 billion dollar" lawsuit filed by a South Carolina inmate who alleges the Atlanta Falcons star stole his pit bulls and sold them on eBay to buy "missiles from Iran," FOX News has learned.

Jonathan Lee Riches filed the handwritten complaint over "theft and abuse of my animals" on July 23 in the U.S. District Court in Richmond, Va.

• Click here to read the filing against Vick.(pdf)

Riches alleges that Vick stole two white mixed pit bull dogs from his home in Holiday, Fla., and used them for dogfighting operations in Richmond, Va. The complaint goes on to allege that Vick sold the dogs on eBay and “used the proceeds to purchase missiles from the Iran government.”

The complaint also alleges that Vick would need those missiles because he pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda in February of this year.

“Michael Vick has to stop physically hurting my feelings and dashing my hopes,” Riches writes in the complaint.

Riches wants $63 billion dollars “backed by gold and silver “ delivered to the front gates to the Williamsburg Federal Correctional facility in South Carolina. Riches is an inmate at the facility serving out a wire fraud conviction.

Now he's being sued for "60,000,000,000 Billion" and being acused of befriending Al Qaieda... nice.

The man is trading dogs for missiles.

Embattled NFL quarterback Michael Vick, facing federal charges related to his alleged participation in dogfighting, has been hit with a "$63,000,000,000 billion dollar" lawsuit filed by a South Carolina inmate who alleges the Atlanta Falcons star stole his pit bulls and sold them on eBay to buy "missiles from Iran," FOX News has learned.

Jonathan Lee Riches filed the handwritten complaint over "theft and abuse of my animals" on July 23 in the U.S. District Court in Richmond, Va.

• Click here to read the filing against Vick.(pdf)

Riches alleges that Vick stole two white mixed pit bull dogs from his home in Holiday, Fla., and used them for dogfighting operations in Richmond, Va. The complaint goes on to allege that Vick sold the dogs on eBay and “used the proceeds to purchase missiles from the Iran government.”

The complaint also alleges that Vick would need those missiles because he pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda in February of this year.

“Michael Vick has to stop physically hurting my feelings and dashing my hopes,” Riches writes in the complaint.

Riches wants $63 billion dollars “backed by gold and silver “ delivered to the front gates to the Williamsburg Federal Correctional facility in South Carolina. Riches is an inmate at the facility serving out a wire fraud conviction.

Honestly, can't we hit these morons in the face with an aluminum bat?

Now I'm hearing the current plea offer for Vick would be one year of jail time. He's trying to negotiate it lower?!? He should take the one year and be happy. What value can he possibly have to the feds now? I was expecting at least a deal of 2 years of jail.

Now I'm hearing the current plea offer for Vick would be one year of jail time. He's trying to negotiate it lower?!? He should take the one year and be happy. What value can he possibly have to the feds now? I was expecting at least a deal of 2 years of jail.

That is what the Vick lawyers want.

I think the fact that THEY want that shows that the plea for the government is around 2-3 years....most probably 2

In the end, Vick will plead out, imo....and he will serve at MOST a year and a few months...at least 8 months

With that said, I hope they send him to Federal "Pound me in the ass" prison but I doubt it - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...+the+ass+prison

That is what the Vick lawyers want.

I think the fact that THEY want that shows that the plea for the government is around 2-3 years....most probably 2

In the end, Vick will plead out, imo....and he will serve at MOST a year and a few months...at least 10 months

With that said, I hope they send him to Federal "Pound me in the ass" prison but I doubt it - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...+the+ass+prison

No definition needed

I hope other athletes learn from this. These guys like Vick and PacMan feel this need to "keep it real" and participate in thuggery...and surround themselves with miscreants who only further their potential demise.

I don't understand why these guys have millions of dollars at their disposal...but they are so bent on "keeping it real" that they throw it all away.

Hope it was worth it douchebag. Tito's gonna keep it real cozy for ya in the shower.

I knew I was right about the 1 year offer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2972161

Lawyers representing Michael Vick on federal dogfighting charges are trying to negotiate a plea agreement that would include less than the year of prison time that prosecutors have offered, ESPN learned on Tuesday.

A source also said that Vick's attorneys have recommended that the embattled quarterback accept a deal if it includes less than a year of jail time, but he has not decided whether to fight the charges.

I knew I was right about the 1 year offer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2972161

Lawyers representing Michael Vick on federal dogfighting charges are trying to negotiate a plea agreement that would include less than the year of prison time that prosecutors have offered, ESPN learned on Tuesday.

A source also said that Vick's attorneys have recommended that the embattled quarterback accept a deal if it includes less than a year of jail time, but he has not decided whether to fight the charges.

What a load of crap. Plea bargaining is basically saying you're guilty. One year for being found guilty doing the horrible things he's done is absolutely sad. He's getting away with a slap on the wrist. This won't deter anyone from doing anything.

Valid question, excerpt from a newspaper column (no link):

A Dog's Life

Far be it from me to defend Michael Vick. I consider him one of the most over-hyped players in NFL history. He’s a fantastic athlete, but his quarterbacking is lacking. His winning percentage is barely above .500 and his Atlanta Falcons are, in my opinion, a better team when he’s not on the field. They may not have as much talent, but they are a better team. Off the field, Vick has always had issues. He’s never been the nicest guy around and his negative image is far too often copied by impressionable young fans. But the recent furor over Vick’s alleged involvement in dog fighting leaves me somewhat puzzled.

Vick is charged with being a primary figure in a dog-fighting ring and alleged to have brutally maimed and killed fighting dogs. As he awaits trial, the NFL has suspended him. Most of his sponsors have flocked away. If Vick is guilty of the accusations leveled against him, he deserves whatever punishment the law allows. Cruelty to animals is indefensible. I appreciate the NFL’s swift reaction and its stern stance. Vick is out of the game and the league, as he should be, until this mess is cleared up.

While I appreciate the NFL’s response to Vick’s troubles, my mind goes back to another high profile situation about seven years ago. Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis was charged in a Super Bowl night murder in, ironically, Atlanta. Lewis and some of his associates were involved in a fight that left a man stabbed to death. Lewis fled the scene in a limo. The NFL didn’t suspend the star. Neither did his Ravens as they waited on the trial verdict.

Among the items of evidence against Lewis: His limo driver testified that he instructed his entourage to ‘say nothing’; a passenger in the limo testified that Lewis’ bloodstained suit was dumped in a hotel dumpster; a photo of the Lewis and his entourage taken that night was burned so that individuals would be harder to identify.

Lewis turned state’s evidence, pleading guilty to obstruction of justice in exchange for his testimony against two other members of his party that night. He received 12 month’s probation. Less than a month later, Lewis reported to Baltimore training camp. The following January Lewis and the Ravens played in and won the Super Bowl. Lewis was named MVP.

Michael Vick deserves whatever punishment is meted out. But he also deserves the right to defend himself before judgement is rendered. Why was Lewis granted leniency while Vick is vilified? Is a dog’s life worth more than that of a human?

I have a simple question. If this were Larry & Leroy instead of Michael Vick, would they be looking at this much jail time or somewhat lower or higher?

Riches wants $63 billion dollars “backed by gold and silver “ delivered to the front gates to the Williamsburg Federal Correctional facility in South Carolina.

I've seen a few prison movies and I know where prisoners hide their money, and there is no way that $63 billion is fitting in there. :moon:

I don't understand why these guys have millions of dollars at their disposal...but they are so bent on "keeping it real" that they throw it all away.

I thought Brandon Adams' quote on 790 here in Atlanta yesterday was semi-funny/interesting: "This is the version of 'Boyz'n'da Hood' where Tre doesn't get out of the car"

I think the gambling of $30,000 a pop and actually running the gambling ring that crossed state lines is what the FBI is interested in Galen.

It's not really a question of what the prosecutors are interested in, I think the point is that Ray Lewis was accused of murdering somebody and he was never suspended. In fact, he never missed a practice. Vick is charged with dog-fighting and gambling and he's out of the NFL, perhaps forever? Something doesn't add up.

I've already heard the quietly growing chorus that if Vick played some other position he wouldn't be getting the same treatment. I've heard people say that he's being persecuted primarily because he's a successful (and I disagree there) black quarterback. If Mike Vick were a tailback or a linebacker, he wouldn't be in the situation he's in. That's the last thing that needs to come of this.

Honestly, I think guys like Ray Lewis set the stage for the current state of suspensions and such. He was probably the straw. Look at PacMan. He's not a QB. And they hit him pretty hard too.

Vick needs to avoid RICO at all costs. A plea now would probably do that since it would stop a new indictment.

GG, I'm glad you brought up Ray Lewis. This guy turns my stomach. As far as I'm concerned, this guy is responsible for killing someone and he walked away free. I may be off here, but I believe the other 2 guys that Lewis supposedly testified against, walked as well. And here's Ray, making a mockery of everything doing a jig at the Super Bowl that looked like an epileptic on speed.

Archived