Please take it seriously

AUesquire

Posted this here for more traffic.

Had a bit of a scare this afternoon when my wife apparently became sick and passed out at school. She's a second grade teacher and was directing traffic in car line after school. She'd been out there for a little over an hour when she said the last thing she remembered was talking to a lady and telling her she couldn't hear what she was saying. The next thing she knew, she was sitting on the floor in the office and sick as she could be, headache, nausea, vomiting etc.

They got her medical attention and she's been home now for a while taking a cold shower to keep her temperature down. Bottom line, she wasn't doing anything more than standing out in this heat and with virtually no warning, she was out. Sometimes we take this heat for granted and just complain about it, not realizing what it can do. I have no clue whatsoever how these football players have been enduring this stuff. When the heat and humidity rise past a certain point, it can kill you...quick. It's still supposed to hover around 100 for the next few days around here. Please take this thing seriously.

Wow. Glad it turned out okay. Prayers sent. I don't remember a series of scorchers like we've had for like 10 days or so now.

Worked with a guy that had a heat stroke around 5-6 years ago and it affects him til this day. (I know it wasn't a heat stroke with your wife or she'd have been admitted to the hospital.) So yeah, be careful for those who must venture outdoors for long periods of time.

Heat Tell me about it. I have to wear Long Sleeve Nomex Coveralls at the Chevron Refinery and it has been hot all week on our shutdown.

Damn Esquire, what a scare.

Send our thoughts and prayers along to her. Glad she's going to be ok.

Same here. It's terrible out there. I was at practice the other day and I have to give it to the coaches. They stop regularly for fluids.

Glad to hear she's doing ok.

I'm heading down to the Wiregrass today and will be in Dothan tomorrow and Friday. Give me a shout if you need anything.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Make sure she stays out of the heat for at least a few days. She will be more likely to have problems again.

Glad she is ok. You could never do better if something happened to her.

She's doing well. Still nauseated a bit and bad headache today but much better than yesterday. Appreciate the concern. Doctor next door to our office said he's been over run by this sort of thing. Happens most often to people that are going from one extreme to another all day. Inside at 73 degrees then outside in 100+ degree temps and killer humidity.

Weather guy said this morning he doesn't look for it to really break until this time next week.

Archived