Clausen arrest a "misunderstanding"

GalensGhost

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?i...ce=NCFHeadlines

Arrested for transporting alcohol as a minor because he and a couple of other freshmen drove a guy old enough to buy to the liquor store.

Charlie Weis says it's clearly a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Did he go to the same School of Justifications as the Bammer Nation?

Charlie Weis says it's clearly a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Did he go to the same School of Justifications as the Bammer Nation?

No GG, he means they took the wrong guy to the wrong store. You know, the ABC store run by Irish boosters...

Let's see, so my daughter has her learner's permit and when she drives us to the supermarket and I bring home a six-pack, then she should be arrested? Something is fishy in Denmark. :blink:

Let's see, so my daughter has her learner's permit and when she drives us to the supermarket and I bring home a six-pack, then she should be arrested? Something is fishy in Denmark. :blink:

Totally different situation.

Although, I did one time see a middle age mom get denied alcohol at Winn Dixie because her ten year old daughter was with her.

Oh, he was probably at the wrong place at the wrong time. The damn Indiana State police is just out to get people! Clausen is just doing what every other person does. Same for the person who bought the alcohol. Boys will be boys...

Totally different situation.

Although, I did one time see a middle age mom get denied alcohol at Winn Dixie because her ten year old daughter was with her.

that person at WD was wrong in the denial of the sale, but we seem to put so much pressure on some high school cashier making $7 an hour about alcohol sales. the cashier's responsibility is to check the person purchasing. unless they see the minor handing the purchaser the money, they shouldn't deny the sale. the minor is not allowed to carry the alcohol out of the store also even if no money changed hands at the register. as a manager, i'm not supposed to override a cashier's decision to not sell alcohol though, because it is their job on the line and they could also get arrested if it is an ABC sting.

Just another case of a power hungry cop gone bad....right?

Archived