Note to Republicans

WinCrimson

No, he's not gay. He just happens to have a documented history of hitting on men and was recently caught playing footsie with an undercover officer. I will give him credit, at least he was cruising an adult. He obviously learned from Mark Foley's mistake. :lmao:

larrycraigmugshotdj7.jpg

On June 11, 2007, Senator Craig was arrested at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport on suspicion of lewd conduct. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct on August 8, 2007, in a Hennepin County, Minnesota court. He paid $575 including fines and fees and was given one year of unsupervised probation. A 10-day jail sentence was stayed. According to Roll Call, the arresting officer sat in a bathroom stall as part of an undercover operation investigating previous reports of sexual activity in the bathroom. After about 13 minutes of sitting in the stall, he observed Craig linger outside and frequently peek through the stall's door crack at him. Craig then entered the stall next to his. The officer filed the following in his report of the incident as to what happened next:

At 1216 hours, Craig tapped his right foot. I recognized this as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct. Craig tapped his toes several times and moves his foot closer to my foot.... The presence of others did not seem to deter Craig as he moved his right foot so that it touched the side of my left foot which was within my stall area. Craig then proceeded to swipe his hand under the stall divider several times.

Craig stated "that he has a wide stance when going to the bathroom and that his foot may have touched mine," <------------- :roflol: the arrest report states. Craig also told the arresting officer that he reached down with his right hand to pick up a piece of paper that was on the floor. "It should be noted that there was not a piece of paper on the bathroom floor, nor did Craig pick up a piece of paper," the arresting officer said in the report.

According to the police report, at one point Craig handed the plainclothes sergeant who arrested him a business card that identified him as a U.S. Senator and said, "What do you think about that?"

In a press release on his website, Craig said that the officer misconstrued his actions, that he was not involved in any inappropriate conduct, and had failed to seek legal counsel: "In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty. I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously."

As a result of this arrest, the Senator has removed himself from his role in Mitt Romney's presidential election.

Care to hand even more seats over to Democrats for 2008?

No, he's not gay. He just happens to have a documented history of hitting on men and was recently caught playing footsie with an undercover officer. I will give him credit, at least he was cruising an adult. He obviously learned from Mark Foley's mistake. :lmao:

larrycraigmugshotdj7.jpg

On June 11, 2007, Senator Craig was arrested at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport on suspicion of lewd conduct. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct on August 8, 2007, in a Hennepin County, Minnesota court. He paid $575 including fines and fees and was given one year of unsupervised probation. A 10-day jail sentence was stayed. According to Roll Call, the arresting officer sat in a bathroom stall as part of an undercover operation investigating previous reports of sexual activity in the bathroom. After about 13 minutes of sitting in the stall, he observed Craig linger outside and frequently peek through the stall's door crack at him. Craig then entered the stall next to his. The officer filed the following in his report of the incident as to what happened next:

At 1216 hours, Craig tapped his right foot. I recognized this as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct. Craig tapped his toes several times and moves his foot closer to my foot.... The presence of others did not seem to deter Craig as he moved his right foot so that it touched the side of my left foot which was within my stall area. Craig then proceeded to swipe his hand under the stall divider several times.

Craig stated "that he has a wide stance when going to the bathroom and that his foot may have touched mine," <------------- :roflol: the arrest report states. Craig also told the arresting officer that he reached down with his right hand to pick up a piece of paper that was on the floor. "It should be noted that there was not a piece of paper on the bathroom floor, nor did Craig pick up a piece of paper," the arresting officer said in the report.

According to the police report, at one point Craig handed the plainclothes sergeant who arrested him a business card that identified him as a U.S. Senator and said, "What do you think about that?"

In a press release on his website, Craig said that the officer misconstrued his actions, that he was not involved in any inappropriate conduct, and had failed to seek legal counsel: "In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty. I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously."

As a result of this arrest, the Senator has removed himself from his role in Mitt Romney's presidential election.

So do democrats hate gays now...or is it just republican gays...

you wish washy bigots!!!

I will mark today down as the day where me and WinCrimson are completely on the same page.

Kudos.

It would be accepted behavior.

Then he wouldn't feel the need to lie about it, nor would he likely be a hypocrite in voting for things that conflicted with his personal choices.

If he were a Democrat, this would not even be an issue. It would be accepted behavior.

That's pretty damned funny, too. Look, just admit the guy screwed up without blaming the Democrats or the media or whoever else. That's a sign of maturity.

How is this a ' Republicans' issue ?

I have no idea what this particular guy's problem is, but I'm gonna stay consistant in my views. Innocent men don't plead guitly to crimes they didn't do. What's good enough for Mike Vick should be good enough for this guy. Sorry, but that he 'wanted this to go away ' doesn't cut it with me. If you're that confused about what you did or didn't do, seek legal counsel. If you're too stupid to do that, you ought not be a U.S. Senator.

That is all.

I have no idea what this particular guy's problem is, but I'm gonna stay consistant in my views. Innocent men don't plead guitly to crimes they didn't do. What's good enough for Mike Vick should be good enough for this guy. Sorry, but that he 'wanted this to go away ' doesn't cut it with me. If you're that confused about what you did or didn't do, seek legal counsel. If you're too stupid to do that, you ought not be a U.S. Senator.

What he said.

larrycraigmugshotdj7.jpg

you wish washy bigots!!!

So, I'm a bigot, huh? I'm about as pro-gay rights as you can get. Marriage, adoption rights, etc. Thanks for the unfounded charge, though.

I don't "hate" anyone. What I hate, however, is hypocrisy. I hate when a fraud like Sen. Craig rallies with so called "Christian" groups to ensure that all Americans are treated unequally under the law, but then gets caught playing stroking another man's foot underneath the stall in an effort for tearoom sex.

If Craig didn't have a wife and established family, I'd have no problem with him being gay. While I think that he should honor the commitment he made to his spouse, I don't see how him being gay qualifies him as unfit to serve in the U.S. Senate. I hope you understand that his sexuality is not the issue here. Hypocrisy is.

Is being a bigot such a bad thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTLpS8KTnXI

"Tapping his foot?", and plead guilty to lewd conduct? What an idiot.

“At 1216 hours, Craig tapped his right foot. I recognized this as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct. Craig tapped his toes several times and moves his foot closer to my foot. I moved my foot up and down slowly. While this was occurring, the male in the stall to my right was still present. I could hear several unknown persons in the restroom that appeared to use the restroom for its intended use. The presence of others did not seem to deter Craig as he moved his right foot so that it touched the side of my left foot which was within my stall area,” the report states.

I don't want this guy voting in the Senate.

:roflol:

This is just part of the reason I am sssooo disgusted with politicians these days. Someone got to asking me about Chappaquidick yesterday. In discussing it, I finally came to realize that there is really is no moral perogative in politics in America, only expediency.

When you boil it all down, politics in the US is really only about power, not about doing good nor any political philosophy. Becuase if it were about the ideas, then there woudnt be political sellouts on both sides of the aisle making up the VAST majorities of both parties.

If you look on the forum, I dont think I have a single response on another thread on the first page now. I am THAT disappointed with BOTH parties.

This is just part of the reason I am sssooo disgusted with politicians these days. Someone got to asking me about Chappaquidick yesterday. In discussing it, I finally came to realize that there is really is no moral perogative in politics in America, only expediency.

When you boil it all down, politics in the US is really only about power, not about doing good nor any political philosophy. Becuase if it were about the ideas, then there woudnt be political sellouts on both sides of the aisle making up the VAST majorities of both parties.

If you look on the forum, I dont think I have a single response on another thread on the first page now. I am THAT disappointed with BOTH parties.

Washington DC -- Hollywood for ugly people

“Let me now... warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the Spirit of Party generally... A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume.” —George Washington

larrycraigmugshotdj7.jpg

you wish washy bigots!!!

So, I'm a bigot, huh? I'm about as pro-gay rights as you can get. Marriage, adoption rights, etc. Thanks for the unfounded charge, though.

I don't "hate" anyone. What I hate, however, is hypocrisy. I hate when a fraud like Sen. Craig rallies with so called "Christian" groups to ensure that all Americans are treated unequally under the law, but then gets caught playing stroking another man's foot underneath the stall in an effort for tearoom sex.

If Craig didn't have a wife and established family, I'd have no problem with him being gay. While I think that he should honor the commitment he made to his spouse, I don't see how him being gay qualifies him as unfit to serve in the U.S. Senate. I hope you understand that his sexuality is not the issue here. Hypocrisy is.

I said that more toungue and cheek ONLY because if it was the other way around and Republicans were bashing this man...political views or not...it would be considered a hate crime.

DKW...I totally agree with you on this. I used to think Republicans would more or less say what they believed and not what they thought would get them elected...those days are gone and you can't believe anyone, EITHER PARTY, or what they say. The political landscape of this country has gotten to be a very scary landscape!

I just want to add that the Senator has given a new definition to the phrase " a toe tappin' good time' that I personally could do w/ out. :puke:

I am like David and have been disgusted with both parties for a couple of years now, which is why I have not been in this forum as much as I used to be.

My man is Duncan Hunter, not because he is a republican, but because he is a true conservative that I do not think has been corrupted by DC politics...not yet anyway. As I was telling Tex the other day through PM, unfortunately Hunter is not a big enough name to win the nomination. It is mostly a popularity contest these days, because most voters in both primaries are too lazy to research all the candidates. So, I don't know if I can support any of the leading candidates for either party. The way it looks know, I am hoping for a third party or independent I can support in the general election.

Like it was said, this moron's problem was not a republican issue. Neither party can claim purity when it comes to keeping their pants up while in office.

I heard that Craig told his wife not to worry about preparing supper that night.

He told her he was just gonna woof down a hot dog at the airport. :roflol:

I am kind of stumped. What exactly did this guy really do other than rub footsies? Were they in the same stall? I guess I am just stoopid or something. But what do you do in a major metro airport bathroom with tons of traffic etc?

Archived